Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebola Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive Insurance
    Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 7:10pm
The commercials were cute at first, but the Progressive Insurance ones are no longer.

That smart ass of a cashier has wore out her welcome and has to go.
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 4:43pm
I hate everything about these horrible commercials.

I hate that ugly skank Flo and her "tricked-out" name badge

I hate the chick who talks out of the side of her mouth when she says "that's a new pair of shoes"

I hate the twit who says he needs additional coverage for things his wife had no idea he owned

I even hate the annoying background sounds in those ads

that about covers it, but give me a few more minutes while they air those commercials FIVE MORE TIMES!!!
One man gathers what another man spills
cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I even hate the annoying background sounds in those ads

+1
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Ebola Guy Ebola Guy wrote:

The commercials were cute at first, but the Progressive Insurance ones are no longer.

That smart ass of a cashier has wore out her welcome and has to go.

I totally disagree!!!

Those commercials were NEVER cute.

And that "Flo" chick is just strange.

I think these ads are perfect examples of "trying too hard".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 3:28am
Couldn't agree more - these ads ALWAYS sucked.  And Flo is just weird - she looks weird, she acts weird, but more importantly, someone should run by and push one of her annoying customers over, and as they're reaching out their hand to study themselves, they can stick it about four inches into her face since that's about how thick the make-up layer is.  I'm sure her real face is under there somewhere!  Actually no, I'm not sure. 
Ebola Guy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebola Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I
I hate the twit who says he needs additional coverage for things his wife had no idea he owned

She doesn't know that he has those extra things, because those are the things his second family has and he just got found out.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 2:26pm
And who does Flo's hair?

They should be put in prison for that.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 6:32am
I'm actually starting to LIKE Flo.  The only problem is that they show the same commercial at every commercial break.  It's old.  But I'm learning to appreciate her, especially compared to all the OTHER irritating commercials!
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 6:40am
Never mind.  Found out who she is.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 9:25am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I'm actually starting to LIKE Flo.  The only problem is that they show the same commercial at every commercial break.  It's old.  But I'm learning to appreciate her, especially compared to all the OTHER irritating commercials!

I don't mind Flo.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I'm actually starting to LIKE Flo..... It's old.  But I'm learning to appreciate her.......

I don't mind Flo.

I've always heard you gals found her "monthly visits" to be kind of uncomfortable. Big%20smileWink

C'mon, man!
Portia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:00pm

You'll be happy - although others here probably will disagree - to know there's a new Progressive commercial. I saw it on the TV in the break room, and it was noisy, so I don't have all the dialogue. I also searched YouTube, but only found the commercials we've all seen.

Anyway, in this one, Flo is standing before a conveyor belt. Customer comes in with a banged-up car. Car gets whisked around back, thanks to the conveyor belt. Flo notifies the workers about the car thanks to the handy bell, which the customer apparently wants rung again. (Again, not sure of all the dialogue. I'm going on visual cues here.)

The rental car comes out quickly, and Flo hands over the keys.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:02pm
Is that the one where the customer is a black lady?

I think I saw it yesterday.

C'mon, man!
Portia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Is that the one where the customer is a black lady?

I think I saw it yesterday.

No, I think it was a Latino guy. I remember Flo calling him "Mr. Garcia."

Although I hate this series of commercials, at least Progressive is casting minorities in some ads. There was the black guy in the first one - the one with Flo's "WOW! I say it louder!" - soooo annoying.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 9:28pm
I saw it once. Flo now has a "coat/jacket" instead of the usual blouse. And she's sporting some auburn highlights in her hair.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 4:03am
There's one with a black lady as the customer too.

C'mon, man!
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 7:29am
i cant stand Flo!
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
Chcuk E View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chcuk E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 5:56pm
I LOVE FLO !!! She's my kinda girl !!! HeartHeartHeart  Tongue
cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Chcuk E Chcuk E wrote:

I LOVE FLO !!! She's my kinda girl !!! HeartHeartHeart  Tongue

ugly and annoying? 
danooct1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danooct1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 5:59am

Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that picture. =p
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 9:25am
Doesn't insurance kinda sell itself?

I mean, you have to have it for your vehicle, (at least in Maryland). From there, the thought process isn't "Hey, whose commercial do I like best," it's "What's the least amount of money I can pay for something that the law says I have to have?"
Chcuk E View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chcuk E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 9:14pm
I don't her either of those things....I think she's a hottie....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by danooct1 danooct1 wrote:

Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that picture. =p

you...beat...me...to...it!!!!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 5:31pm
...ohhhhhhhh...the NEW one with Flo and Mr. Ramirez - "Can I see it again?" - hurts my head.... ohhhhh...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
omegastar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omegastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 8:53pm
This ad is boring and gets annoying really quickly. "And you know what, we can compare your insurance rates with *gasp* other top companies--OMG really?" To these people in the commercial- Get a life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic