Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zit cream commercials on ME-TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zit cream commercials on ME-TV
    Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:39pm
I watch the old-fogey station ME-TV for the 70's sit-coms. Almost all the commercials are for Proactive and other acne creams, complete with close ups of acne on fresh faces. So glad I have a 60" screen with HDTV. Gross! Plus I doubt teens watch this channel. What gives? It's even worse to hear them talking, "My friends are all like 'OMG your face is all like clear' and I'm all like 'I know! It's like amazing!" It makes me like want to vomit!"
Sponsored Links

Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Bena Bena wrote:

I watch the old-fogey station ME-TV for the 70's sit-coms. Almost all the commercials are for Proactive and other acne creams, complete with close ups of acne on fresh faces. So glad I have a 60" screen with HDTV. Gross! Plus I doubt teens watch this channel. What gives? It's even worse to hear them talking, "My friends are all like 'OMG your face is all like clear' and I'm all like 'I know! It's like amazing!" It makes me like want to vomit!"

Oi! Less of the "old fogey" remarks. Some of us are sensitive. When I was a teen, I used to nick my mum's face powder to cover up what minor blemishes erupted on the old fizzog.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 8:13pm

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 9:04pm
When ever I watch that old fogey channel I get bombarded with that retired couple "having the time of their lives" with their Consumer Cellular phones. Wish their damn motor home would get a flat tire and crash. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 9:12pm
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 11:31pm
I see the zit-cream ads all the time on Antenna TV (another CLASSIC TV channel) and they are major white-and-turquoise eyesores! Dead
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 11:48pm

Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

I see the zit-cream ads all the time on Antenna TV (another CLASSIC TV channel) and they are major white-and-turquoise eyesoresDead

...except for when they're red-and-cream zitsores.

BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 3:07am
Ugh -- Proactive ads! I want to punch all those stupid valley girls -- especially the one who says "It's (something) it's (something else)" and then, spitting it out like a bullet, "It's effECTive." Are they still running that bunch? Those chicks must be in their 40s now. Presumably, their skin has cleared up by now.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

Originally posted by Bena Bena wrote:

Oi! Less of the "old fogey" remarks. Some of us are sensitive. When I was a teen, I used to nick my mum's face powder to cover up what minor blemishes erupted on the old fizzog.
Here here, I'm 57 years young and don't consider myself an old fogie. I like those classic TV shows. I can do without F Troop that was just retarded. But Dragnet is so over the top trying to be with it, it's too funny. Regarding zits, when I had them and still get an occasional pusser, take a swab with hot water and pop that fu*ker till she oozes out the yellow fizz. The zit cream commercial is just boring.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 3:43am

Oh, Christ...is this thread going to degenerate into disgusting and juvenile zit talk?  Angry

Oh what the hell.  I'm 58, and I still get 'em on occasion.  You shoulda seen this one I had on my side awhile back.  I squeezed it from where I sit at this very moment and it shot 5 feet to the side, landing on some old record albums I had lined up.  To this day, one of 'em still has the creamy red crust of my DNA evidence on it.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 3:48am

I wonder how much Proactiv this beauty would require.

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

PLEASE tell me that is Photoshopped!!!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Nice!   Dude, what's that thing on your neck?   I'm no dermatoligist but it looks like a breech birth......gonna have to do a C-section.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 12:14am
That is disgusting, LOL!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 1:02am

Don't yawn near that thing.  It's gonna blow any second.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 1:46am
That's simply hoarding of perfectly good pus.

I bet he flat-out fainted when they drained that bugger.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 2:11am

I'll bet if you stuck a pin in the head of that thing, it'd shoot 20 feet...and for 20 seconds.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 2:23am
That'd be cool if it very quietly happened at Golden Corral and nobody noticed for a little bit.
 You know - a table here, a table there, somebody's glasses, the Chocolate Wonderfall, maybe the broccoli...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 8:19pm
The Proactiv ads that grab my attention are the "ADAM LEVINE: ROCK STAR" variants - specifically, how dare they refer to Adam Levine as a 'rock star',
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by MrFlavor MrFlavor wrote:

The Proactiv ads that grab my attention are the "ADAM LEVINE: ROCK STAR" variants - specifically, how dare they refer to Adam Levine as a 'rock star',

Really!!  Rock stars wouldn't whine about the acne they had as adolescents.  Try to imagine Mick Jagger getting all emo about his teenage acne.  Then again, this Levine guy doesn't really rock, so...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic