Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Toyota Tundra Backwards Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Toyota Tundra Backwards Commercial
    Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 8:46pm
I hate everything about this Toyota Commercial. I despise the weird drum music, the backward fast action sequences, the smug little boy doing the thumbs up. This commercial is so un-original but grating nonetheless. 
When I think of drum introductions, I think of 1974's Golden Earring's Radar Love which is not my favorite song. 
All this for a redneck big assed pickup truck.

I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I hate everything about this Toyota Commercial. I despise the weird drum music, the backward fast action sequences, the smug little boy doing the thumbs up. This commercial is so un-original but grating nonetheless. 
[COLOR="#663300" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3"]When I think of drum introductions, I think of 1974's Golden Earring's Radar Love which is not my favorite song. 
Yeah! Running video backwards is so amazing. At least it was the first time when I saw my Aunt popping out of the swimming pool onto the diving board. Home movie special effects were pretty amazing in the early 1960s. Now days, not so much. I have to confess when Radar Love comes on the car radio and it gets to the "I'm shift'in gears" line I have to shift gears. I can't help it!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:33am

I kinda like the drum beat.  Makes me think of this sort of thing:

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I kinda like the drum beat.  Makes me think of this sort of thing:

This 1950's instrumental is cool I agree with you but, the drum bit reminds me more of Radar Love typical 70's long hair drug rock. And the smug faces on the people going backwards in their gas guzzling redneck truck make me want to hurl.

I approve this message.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 6:56pm
I just hate how these people seeminly build a ridiculous treehouse by themselves. It takes more than going to the hardware store and having a f**king Toyota truck. If you don't know sh*t about building a dwelling TO CODE then you have no business building a f**king tree house that could kill someone.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:05pm

^  I say, give the kids some planks of wood, a saw, a hammer and some nails...and let 'em build their own.

flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 3:23am
Truck commercials have some of the biggest gaps between "commercial portrayal" and "real life". 

Trucks in commercials:
Build a two-story tree condo! Pull stumps out of the ground, then haul them somewhere else! Tow a massive boat! Tow industrial equipment! Tow horse trailers through the mud for no apparent reason! Hell, tow a space shuttle, why not??

Trucks in reality: Awkward to park in a normal parking space! Help your younger kids get in/out of the vehicle every single time! Clean out the trash that passers-by threw in the back! $100+ at the pump! Your groceries are wet! A vehicle with no weight in the back really sucks in the snow!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 6:42am
The original backwards.  The B side which starts at about 2:05 in the video.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 8:37am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

One of the shi**iest songs or piece of crap to take up space and waste good vinyl!
I approve this message.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 11:45am

One of the shi**iest songs or piece of crap to take up space and waste good vinyl!

Which is why it's a perfect comparison to these commercials.  LOL

diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:02pm

I actually have this 45LOL I wonder if it's worth anything?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:14pm

Unh unh!  No way.  One of the best songs ever!

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 9:59pm

Unh unh!  No way.  One of the best songs ever!

I have a CD that has parts of both sides. It begins with "And now you see I've gone completely out of my mind... as soon as the "They're coming to take me away ha-ha" stanza ends the reverse is played. In October of 2010 I was on my way to Texas and I had to xhange planes in Atlanta, wich was experiencing some severe weather which caused wave upon wave of flight delays. Just for fun I put this CD on my player, then said "But they've delayed the flight again and then the day grew worse and worse" I turned on the player (Making sure the 1000 plus people waiting for their flights could hear it) and within seconds they were roaring with laughter! A minute layer we got the news that all flights were cancelled. Checked my trusty guidebook and found the cheapest hotel had a "Courtesy Phone" at the airport, so I called them and they sent a shuttle to pick me up.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 10:57pm

This kinda wacky British band (Splodgenessabounds) did a cover maybe around 1980 or so.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 4:08pm

This kinda wacky British band (Splodgenessabounds) did a cover maybe around 1980 or so.

They sound Australian to me.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 4:20pm

Nope.  They were from London.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic