Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did you decide on your Avatar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did you decide on your Avatar?
    Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 12:41pm
I am fascinated by many Avatars of posters, and wondered how you guys chose your Avatars....
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:33pm
I am the designated bonehead of the upper mid-west.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:36pm
Why don't you have an avatar, Donnie?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:53pm

I didn't have an avatar until 2007 when Nite Raidah made me one.  It was nice and simple and clear, and I didn't need a magnifying glass to figure out what it was.  I liked it and I've never changed it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

I am fascinated by many Avatars of posters, and wondered how you guys chose your Avatars....

I didn't choose my avatar.

My avatar chose me.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:19pm
My first one was a leopard, which is my favorite animal.

Then I switched to a stillshot from Goodfellas of Tommy as he's gunning down Spider in cold blood, just for him telling Tommy to go f himself. 

This one is a somewhat halloween themed - black cat, full moon. After this I'll probably go back to a leopard.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:24pm
Whoo knows?
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:33pm
I'll admit, this thread was a thinly veiled attempt to get a poster's whose Avatar I like a lot to spill how he came up with the Avatar....Embarrassed  Instead of doing the adult thing and asking him right out how he decided on his avatar...Embarrassed
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 3:11pm
If you're looking for an Avatar Ken, here you go:

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:16pm
I decided to get my avatar just for you, Dave. I think you're very special and I'm going to find out where you live...I'll come to your door....and oh, Dave...you're my wife now!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:22pm

I'll admit, this thread was a thinly veiled attempt to get a poster's whose Avatar I like a lot to spill how he came up with the Avatar....Embarrassed  Instead of doing the adult thing and asking him right out how he decided on his avatar...Embarrassed

So who is the poster whose avatar origin you're curious about?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I decided to get my avatar just for you, Dave. I think you're very special and I'm going to find out where you live...I'll come to your door....and oh, Dave...you're my wife now!
And I didn't even bring a gift.....Let's drink to the happy couple...Hug
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:31pm
I knew we'd be together...I have tremendous telekapathic powers!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

So who is the poster whose avatar origin you're curious about?

Obviously, Shadow's.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:14pm
Jimbo, it was your Avatar that I was talking about....Embarrassed
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:33pm
That ole'mule is from Butch and Sundance.....I tink.   "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges."
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:38pm
[QUOTE=Papa Lazarou] I knew we'd be together...I have tremendous telekapathic powers!
You must have ESPN. I have telepathetic powers and I's impotant.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:49pm
Took me six times to type that before auto-correct left it alone. XD
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 2:16am
Because I couldn't find a version of this that fit:

I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:00am

I wasn't suggesting it was mine, Ken.

I was just curious whose you were talking about.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:53am

The back end of Jimbo's avatar isn't showing.  If you ask him nicely, maybe he'll let you use that part of it....  LOL
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I didn't have an avatar until 2007 when Nite Raidah made me one.  It was nice and simple and clear, and I didn't need a magnifying glass to figure out what it was.  I liked it and I've never changed it.

It was that long ago???

Sh*t, time flies.  Like a bird.  Or something similar that transports itself via air.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I wasn't suggesting it was mine, Ken.

I was just curious whose you were talking about.

Wait a minute.... it WAS mine you were asking about?

I misread your comment as it WASN'T mine you were talking about.

I chose mine because it 's the cover of an album by a musical duo I'm kind of a fan of, & because the picture makes kind of a statement about television, which fits in with the purpose of this forum.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 1:06am
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It was that long ago???

Sh*t, time flies.  Like a bird.  Or something similar that transports itself via air.

Yep.  June 3, 2007, to be exact...back when we were younger and times were more innocent.  People could leave their doors open at night back then, and neighbors were always there to help one another.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:49am
How did you decide on your Avatar?

'cause Nathan wouldn't let me use my favorite pic of MissyDWolf & Bad ol'Self (below), I went and found something a little more lame. 
~~~
(educational note: Wolves mate for life - and yea, walkin' around like this for almost 40 years has not only been tiring, but occasionally embarrassing at restaurants,childrens' school plays, and Midnight Masses)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic