Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name of movie....Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name of movie....Please help!
    Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 5:42am
Ok, I need help remembering a name of a movie. I have exhausted every other resource. I have googled it until I drove myself crazy...

It's a horror/scary movie made in the early 80's (possibly late 70's) but I'm pretty sure early 80's. These teenagers go on a double date (I think) to a carnival with rides. The one girl's little brother follows her there for some reason. They get trapped in all night long and are terrorized. And there is some weird deformed Frankenstein looking guy who is part of the traveling carny act. 

It is freaking driving me crazy! Anyone who can tell me the name of this movie wins a free KitKat bar!!
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:26am
The Funhouse, directed by Tobe Hooper, of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist fame.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:31am
Yes! I love you!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

Yes! I love you!

Lol, glad to help. I barely know crap about current horror movies, but up through the 90s I pretty much watched any horror movie I could find, including some so godawful that the only valid use I can come up with them for is as a form of torture. Send a few copies of The Fear to Gitmo, and I promise, after having to watch that 1 or 2 times, those guys will be telling you about their IED factory their own mother has in her basement.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:21am
Thank you. I owe you a Kit Kat Wink
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 3:25pm
I remember this movie .. scared the bejesus out of me.  LOL

If you wanna watch the whole thing unedited (the brief nudie shot near the beginning verifies that), here you go:

It's from the show Monstervision, which was similar to the DVD on TV show on F/X, so you have the dude talking about the movie during "intermissions."  That's kinda a nuisance, but it's the only full version that came up.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:37pm
^I only liked the intermission host thing when it was Elvira.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I remember this movie .. scared the bejesus out of me.  LOL

If you wanna watch the whole thing unedited (the brief nudie shot near the beginning verifies that), here you go:

It's from the show Monstervision, which was similar to the DVD on TV show on F/X, so you have the dude talking about the movie during "intermissions."  That's kinda a nuisance, but it's the only full version that came up.
Awesome! Thanks!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^I only liked the intermission host thing when it was Elvira.

I liked Joe Bob Briggs. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

It's a horror/scary movie made in the early 80's (possibly late 70's) but I'm pretty sure early 80's. These teenagers go on a double date (I think) to a carnival with rides. The one girl's little brother follows her there for some reason. They get trapped in all night long and are terrorized. And there is some weird deformed Frankenstein looking guy who is part of the traveling carny act. 

Definitely has to have influenced Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses.  He's a big fan of old horror movies, especially 70s horror movies---Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last House on the Left, etc.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:03pm
^Movies don't scare me very often, but "Last House On the Left" scared the hell out of me! 

I never saw the recent remake of it. I'm sure it was terrible.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:25pm

^  One of my favorites.  One of Wes Craven's first movies.  I first saw it at the drive-in in 1973 or 1974.  It was part of a 5-feature offering, seemingly designed for the teen/stoner crowd.  The movies featured were:

Heavy Traffic
Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat
Don't Look in the Basement
Last House on the Left
Night of the Living Dead

Definitely worth the $2 or so admission.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:36pm
Did you see/like Terror Train?  That was a little later, probably extreme early 80's since Jamie Lee Curtis had already earned her Scream Queen stripes in the first 2 Halloweens when she did that one.

The antagonist's conductor mask was just creepy as hell.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic