Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eliquis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JPinAZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPinAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eliquis
    Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:45am
I can't stand this commercial!!!

The guy talks to nobody, and like he's already had a stroke.
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:10am
There's probably a warning that if you mix Eliquis with those little blue sex pills, your dick will explode like an overinflated balloon.  Or your heart will, if it (the sex) is that good.... 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

"Eliquis" sounds like it could be some sort of dick medication; e.g., it would make your tallywhacker as big as a horse's. LOL

That's what I thought the meds were for to begin with! LOL  Ele for "Elevate" and Quis for "Equus," as in horse.

"Elevate [Hold] your horses, varmint!" LOL
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 5:10pm
"Eliquis" sounds like it could be some sort of dick medication; e.g., it would make your tallywhacker as big as a horse's. LOL

boomvang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomvang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 5:00pm
This commercial should be sub-titled; "Know-it-all assholes and the women who love them"
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 7:09pm
Godd*mn, he puts more ridiculous pauses in his speech than friggin' William Shatner.

I pause.  At random intervals. when I'm talking.  just to.  make sure. you are paying. attention. to our crappy. drug commercial.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 3:57pm
^^^ You know that Warfarin is an older type of rat poison, right? OuchDeadOuch

Captain Sarcastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Sarcastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 3:39pm
I hate all prescription drugs ads, especially the vague ads where it doesn't even tell you what the drug is for; it's just assumed that you're omniscient or otherwise you have to "ask your doctor" if that drug is right for you. Am I supposed to call my doctor every time I see an ad for a new drug to see if I should be taking it? Sounds like it.

One of the things I hate most about drug ads are the dorky names they come up with for the drugs...meaningless, made up words such as "Eliquis" or "Warfarin" or "Abilify" (hell, spellchecker has no idea what to do with them - Eliquis becomes "Cliquish"). They sort of resemble real English words (Eloquent, Warfare, Ability), so why not just use those real words and be done with it?

Okay, the basketball dude. Apparently he was a stud hoops star back in the day, and he still got game, though just in the driveway against a guy who might or might not be his son. Either way, the drug helps him "up my game" whatever that's supposed to mean. Never mind that his shooting form is horrible and that he needs the backboard to make a shot, he can still beat the kid. Great.

The best part of the ad is when he's touting the benefits... like it causes less major bleeding than Warfarin. Think about that... less major bleeding. Less major bleeding! Great, a drug that only causes LESS "major bleeding". I can hardly wait to take it. Then the voiceover guy says in some instances it can cause "FATAL bleeding" which I guess is a bit worse that less major bleeding, since generally you DIE from fatal bleeding or it wouldn't be "fatal" by definition. So these guys want me to ask my doctor if a drug that can possibly cause me to bleed to death is "right for me", as long as it allows me to excel at H-O-R-S-E in the driveway? Unbelievable.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 4:57pm

Someone in iSpot noted that the base of the basketball backboard thing (the current one) is on backwards.

Maybe he set it up after he had his stroke??

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by babylilly4 babylilly4 wrote:

topic-Eliguis

This guy drives me crazy talking to the walls, the chairs; who the hell is he talking to?

Maybe he's staring at and reading off cue cards???
Marco2992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco2992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 1:56pm
Hey, the guy just "wondered if I could up my game."..."for treatment of A-fib, a type of irregular heartbeat not caused by a heart vavle problem..." He is pretending to have a casual conversation with an invisible person who happens to be at the dining table with him and his wife, but what he says and how he says it is just so obviously not an off-the-cuff casual conversation that it comes across as disingenuous--no person other than an actor paid to memorize those lines would say what this guy says, while his wife looks on adoringly. Just so phony that i actually hate it for only that reason! And somebody is getting paid to decide that this is a good commercial to run!
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 3:02pm
Side effects of Eliquiwarfariplavix may include (but are not limited to):

Brain perspiration, underarm micturition, bladder revulsion, gastric lavage, foul cephallic odour, scrotal hirsutism, ulcerated axillae, colonic uranation, and death.

If you've died after taking Eliquiwarfariplavix, please call 1-800-SH!TTY-DRUG LOL

babylilly4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babylilly4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:46pm

topic-Eliguis

This guy drives me crazy talking to the walls, the chairs; who the hell is he talking to? It absolutely drives me crazy. The women even puts her hand on his arm like she's bringing him back to earth! Can't stand this commercial!
Ellencam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellencam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 9:14pm
Why does this guy need to mention what I his health issue is NOT caused by?
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 8:23pm
As stupid as this ad is, I wish my insurance would cover the medication. I take Warferin, and getting poked with a needle once a week is getting really tiresome. 
IndyBeckiH View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndyBeckiH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Lucian Lucian wrote:

Yeah, love how they act like it's an Eliquis miracle when he hits a free throw. Eliquis. <chortle> What a stupid f*%&ing name... For ANYTHING.

Well, we all know what an athletic competition of any kind symbolizes in Low-T world.

Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 5:57am
Yeah, love how they act like it's an Eliquis miracle when he hits a free throw. Eliquis. <chortle> What a stupid f*%&ing name... For ANYTHING.
IndyBeckiH View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndyBeckiH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 1:10am
This is just one of many "interview/exposition" ads supposedly happening impromptu.  The lines are delivered haltingly, as if to be thinking of what to say next.
I have no idea what is up with the "Look at you!" at the beginning, nor with the sympathetic squeeze of his hand when he says something about no increased bleeding.
And at the end, wifey sits inside the house watching admirably as hubby sinks a field goal.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:54pm
NO KIDDING!
The friggin' computer is always displaying RED, as in blood cells - especially as in oxy-deprived ones.
"Take this stuff and you'll feel better, already - but you may bleed like a 'knife-stuck-bitch'..."
This stuff will help keep you from grabbing your 'Mud Monkey Merit Badge', or maybe it will kill you all the same...I dunno...
I'm SO excited to hear about this stuff.
In fact, I wish I never heard of it.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:18pm

Yeah, all he's doing is looking (with his wife) at an old picture of himself shooting hoops, and he launches into a long spiel about the heart medication.  His wife just wanted to look at old pics; she didn't wanna hear all that sh*t.  So, she starts to drift.  Maybe that's why he looks to the side over at no one in particular.  Oxygen molecules might be more interested.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:18pm
Ugh, another freaking pharmaceutical commercial! HOW MANY MORE DO WE NEED?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
cinsays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 8:54pm
There is a new Eliquis commercial with a guy sitting at a table with his wife and he is discussing this drug and why he uses it,etc.
There is nobody else in the room besides the two of them.
Who the heck is he supposed to be looking at and talking to?
Just bugs the heck out of me....(doesn't take much, huh?)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic