Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petco
    Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 8:45pm
I know we have some animal lovers here.  I just think this is well done.
The Vet. told us to switch to a duck and potatoe formula and Petco was the only place that had it.
She didn't like that so we are on lamb and rice now.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:07pm
Excellent commercial, so glad they got rid of the talking dog and the phrase "Where the healthy pets go" . Those were getting on my nerves!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 1:32am
I have never asked my Vet, or had them advise me to use/not use a certain type of meat but I thought Lamb was the big thing in dog food, every brand has several different lamb combinations. I wonder if it's the rice part that Vets don't like, maybe it's a filler.

Unfortunatly, Sadie dog (going on 12y.o.a) and Tess (nearing 10)have eaten Chicken and rice since coming off of puppy food. They are pretty picky. They are all natural.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:29am

I like the commercial, but I'm not real fond of Petco.  Granted, though, I've only been to the one near me.  It just seemed half-assed as compared to Petsmart.  Of course, maybe it's just like that at the one near me.  Petsmart's closer, anyway.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 4:18am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

The Vet. told us to switch to a duck and potatoe formula and Petco was the only place that had it.

"duck and potatoe"... sounds like a British children's cartoon duo.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 4:24am
LOL ^
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 1:03pm
I don't know why, but the phrase "duck & potato" just has a very British sound to it.

Sounds like one of their many euphemisms for sex...

"Lookin for a bit of the ol' 'duck & potato' then are we, guv'na?" (wink-wink)

I can imagine hearing it coming out of Graham Fenwick Jones.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 2:05pm
^Smile  As soon as I read    very British sound to it.
Thats what I thought......Ello guv'na
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 2:15pm
"Bit 'o the ol' 'duck & potato' then, is it?"

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 2:31pm
One thing I have noticed when English/British people say Daytona  its Daytoner. They have a problem with words that end with the letter  a.
RE: Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 2:38pm
Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Some southerners also do it.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

One thing I have noticed when English/British people say Daytona  its Daytoner. They have a problem with words that end with the letter  a.
RE: Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Oddly, though, when it ends in an r, they ignore it.  "Forever" becomes "Foreva". 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:03pm
Or "Guv'na".

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:10pm

Those Brits really need to learn how to speak English.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:15pm
Make you wonder where the hell they learned it.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic