Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abilify Animation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abilify Animation
    Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 7:01am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

The depression they are talking about is clinical depression, which has to do with one's brain chemistry.  Stressors such as what would normally make someone "depressed" such as the death of a close loved one can trigger an onset of clinical depression, but it is not something you can completely control.  These antidepression drugs are very helpful for those who suffer from the deep dark pits of hell otherwise known as depression by correcting the brain chemistry.  Each drug affects each person differently, so it's pretty much an experiment to see what will work for each individual.  Starting with the tried and true and going from there is the best course of action.  Therapy and monitoring of the patient is needed.  People who don't suffer from depression think it's just someone with the blues, or feeling sorry for themselves, and that they can and should just snap out of it.  Then they think popping a pill automatically makes one happy.  It's a long sometimes rough road to travel but thankfully there is help out there.

THIS! You hit the nail on the head with this one. ClapClap
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by CrazyGirl CrazyGirl wrote:

Ugh, yes. I want to smack that stupid yellow pill around. He's dumb. Confused It makes me glad I don't have depression. 

Here, try this:

ROUND SEVENTY FOUR: THAT STUPID SODDING YELLOW PILL FROM THE ABILIFY ADVERT. vs. THAT GODDAMN QUEER HAMBURGER HELPER HAND

This fight shall take place on the set of the Hamburger Helper commercial. The set is equipped with the kind of things you might expect: boom microphones on long poles, large video cameras on wheeled dollies, portable carpeted walls on casters, thousands of watts of hot light bulbs, a fully functional "kitchen" stage set, a utility closet with numerous cans of different colors of paint, and assorted & sundry stage props appropriate for a Hamburger Harmer ad.

The employee's bathroom is outfitted with a Kohler K-4917-0 14-3/4" vitreous wall-mounted porcelain uranator with a Sloan spud valve, a black Kohler Rialto one-piece toilet, a Cormatic brand toilet paper dispenser with Scott brand toilet paper in it (the dispenser has "DO NOT EXCEED 3,250RPM!" written on it with black magic marker), a very foul-smelling, extremely soured string mop in a dirty plastic pale, and a metal swing-top wastepaperbasket.

The contestants do not necessarily have to ***USE***everything here, but they are at their disposal if needed -- or if desired.

Since that goddamn queer talking Hamburger Helper Helping Hand is on home soil, it goes on the rag first...er...uh...I mean, "IT GOES ON THE RAMPAGE FIRST!" It starts by following that stupid sodding yellow pill around, confronts it just below the oven, and shouts, "HAMBURGER HELPER...MAKES A GREAT MEAL!!!" as if it would phase that little yellow dickhead (well, it does look a bit like a tallywhacker), but nothing of any significance happens...well OF COURSE NOTHING HAPPENED YOU STUPID SODDING QUEERBATE ALCOHOLIC HAND!!! It's a f**king caplet of psychoactive dope, and pills do not have ears for God sakes!!!

That stupid sodding yellow pill goes right after the Hand, and attempts to box its ears. Nothing happens -- OF COURSE NOTHING HAPPENED YOU STUPID SODDING PILL!l! It's a hand for Satan sakes and hands do not have ears!!!

Cummon for Christ sakes guys, this battle is going nowhere -- and going nowhere FAST!!!

That goddamn queer talking Hamburger Helper Helping Hand jumps on the kitchen counter portion of the 'kitchen' stage set, gets a medium-sized mixing bowl, and starts mixing some Hamburger Helper in it. That stupid sodding yellow pill is rather horrified when it sees the box of Hamburger Helper and notes that the Hand took a black magic marker, crossed out 'Hamburger' from it, and wrote "PILL" in neat block lettering above it!!! This just can't be good for that little yellow dickhead!!!

The Hand preheats the oven to 625°F (329.40°C) in preparation for the pill's imminent immolation. The pill secretly opens the oven door for a little surprise it has in store.

That stupid sodding yellow pill then figures that the best place to hide is right out in the open...so it hides behind the bowl of Pill Helper. When that goddamn queer talking Hamburger Helper Helping Hand is in front of the bowl, the stupid sodding yellow pill kicks it squarely into the oven! But O NOOOOO!!! That stupid sodding yellow pill slips in the Pill Helper and careens helplessly into the oven with the Hand!!! An employee of the Hamburger Helper commercial (a cameraman I believe) walks past the 'kitchen' set, sees that the oven door is open, and closes it. This assures that both the Hand and the Pill become fish food!!!

THE WINNER ROUND SEVENTY FOUR: MUTUAL ANNIHILATION (with a bit of human intervention)!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 2:19pm
I think that pussywhipped piece of $#!7 yellow pill deserves to be featured in one of my phoney-bologna battles on my website The Ultimate Anti-HeroLOL

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 11:46am
At one point a dorky looking doctor always comes along to get her out of "trouble" from the evil depression monster. She always smirks but still looks a little sad.

Yes, let's all take some drugs that do who knows what to your psyche because we're feeling a little bit down. In my day it was called "Have a toke of this, you look upset".
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 7:50am
I also think the Ambilify animation is a bit sad looking!  Have you noticed there doesn't appear to be anything in the pot when the woman takes the lid off?  Cry  Confused
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 7:46am
The depression they are talking about is clinical depression, which has to do with one's brain chemistry.  Stressors such as what would normally make someone "depressed" such as the death of a close loved one can trigger an onset of clinical depression, but it is not something you can completely control.  These antidepression drugs are very helpful for those who suffer from the deep dark pits of hell otherwise known as depression by correcting the brain chemistry.  Each drug affects each person differently, so it's pretty much an experiment to see what will work for each individual.  Starting with the tried and true and going from there is the best course of action.  Therapy and monitoring of the patient is needed.  People who don't suffer from depression think it's just someone with the blues, or feeling sorry for themselves, and that they can and should just snap out of it.  Then they think popping a pill automatically makes one happy.  It's a long sometimes rough road to travel but thankfully there is help out there.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Because, instead of going through the trouble of switching meds and having to wait for your body to get adjusted to it, they'll give you a booster (for lack of a better word) to help you while you're on your current meds.

My doctor put me on Abilify in addition to my regular anti-depressant and it helped. I wasn't as sad as I was before I was on it. Right now, I can't afford Abilify with my insurance so I have to do without it. There is a noticeable difference in my mood since I've been off of it.
My wife has been on Zoloft since before I even met her due to the untimely loss of her sister.
I don't really understand it. But it is the way things are.
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:14pm
Ugh, yes. I want to smack that stupid yellow pill around. He's dumb. Confused It makes me glad I don't have depression. 
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 5:21pm
Because, instead of going through the trouble of switching meds and having to wait for your body to get adjusted to it, they'll give you a booster (for lack of a better word) to help you while you're on your current meds.

My doctor put me on Abilify in addition to my regular anti-depressant and it helped. I wasn't as sad as I was before I was on it. Right now, I can't afford Abilify with my insurance so I have to do without it. There is a noticeable difference in my mood since I've been off of it.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 4:13pm
I don't get all these "top up" products lately. Your detergent doesn't work? Don't switch, just ADD another product on top of it! BOOSTERS! Now it's the same but with freaking prescription drugs? Your depression meds don't work but don't switch, just ADD this on top of it! I don't get it. If your depression isn't better on the first drug, why are you going to continue taking it?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

Just watching this makes me depressed. Just look at the eyes of those cartoon characters. The depressed woman looks like she's been invited out on a date with the Green River Killer and can't decide what to wear....

LOLThank You, MG! THAT made my morning...now I can get that out of my mind, much less quit laughing...other adults are looking at me as if I've 'lost it'..what a nice statement, right after Ridgway is out to bump up his fame and fortune by claiming everyone has the count wrong - not 48, but more like 80. Yea, if 80 dead women thought Gary was good enough for them, well...how can she possibly go wrong?
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

...The whole thing moves in slo-mo as if the characters are walking through some type of force field that retards normal body movement. That meeting looks like a barrel of laughs too. If half the damned staff are on Abilfy, the company is heading for the u-bend at a rate of knots.

Lastly, aren't the side effects just marvellous! Can't wait to try it.

Personally, I'd be leery of going into a meeting with someone like her.
Then again, some meetings should have bowls full of Abilify and whatever antidepressants...or 'alternatives', maybe?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 5:30am
That poor, animated depressed woman probably just needs to get laid.  Wonder what other cartoon character could make her happy?  All that comes to mind for me is the Checkered Demon.... LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:55pm
I always wondered, if a person who was not depressed, took one of these pills what would happen....
Just like if you don't need a boner pill , what wood happen. Call your Dr. immediately if your depressed about your always erect boner.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by jessmac78 jessmac78 wrote:

Ugh, that commercial makes me feel the same way. The really got the "depressed" look down great when they designed those characters, especially the woman.

I've always detested those Abilify ads, even the older one where the woman was followed around by this dark little blob that was supposed to be her depression. Yeah, let's make someone's depression a cute little blob... great way to illustrate it! Ermm

There was an even older one, not even sure if it was for Abilify or some other depression medication, but it was animation in blue & white basically...very simple animation with people and dogs and cats doing everyday stuff, with this droning voiceover about how the medicine might kill you. All with these three acoustic guitar chords being played in a continuous loop. It was at least 2 minutes long. I think it was enough to drive anyone into madness.

I think that was for Celebrex IIRC the words made up the lines of the drawings.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jessmac78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessmac78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:26am
Ugh, that commercial makes me feel the same way. The really got the "depressed" look down great when they designed those characters, especially the woman.

I've always detested those Abilify ads, even the older one where the woman was followed around by this dark little blob that was supposed to be her depression. Yeah, let's make someone's depression a cute little blob... great way to illustrate it! Ermm

There was an even older one, not even sure if it was for Abilify or some other depression medication, but it was animation in blue & white basically...very simple animation with people and dogs and cats doing everyday stuff, with this droning voiceover about how the medicine might kill you. All with these three acoustic guitar chords being played in a continuous loop. It was at least 2 minutes long. I think it was enough to drive anyone into madness.

LOL, it seems that every single medicine being advertised out there "may lower your ability to fight infections." And some of them even say that lymphoma has been reported. Wow, I think I'd rather live with the psoriasis or fibromyalgia then lymphoma which is more likely to kill me. Sheesh.
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 3:24pm
Just watching this makes me depressed. Just look at the eyes of those cartoon characters. The depressed woman looks like she's been invited out on a date with the Green River Killer and can't decide what to wear.

The whole thing moves in slo-mo as if the characters are walking through some type of force field that retards normal body movement. That meeting looks like a barrel of laughs too. If half the damned staff are on Abilfy, the company is heading for the u-bend at a rate of knots.

Lastly, aren't the side effects just marvellous! Can't wait to try it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic