Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carbonite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialhaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbonite
    Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 4:18am
This commercial in and of itself was not TOO awful the first year.  The second year though it started to get on my nerves.   And now we're closing it on year 3 and it's playing nonstop!

Now.. it GRATES on my ears like nails on a chalkboard.  The lady's voice saying
"Heyyyyy what are you doing today?"  makes my ears bleed.

I am TIRED!  TIRED TIRED TIRED of this commercial.  We get the point.  Please.. I'm begging someone at Carbonite to please change it.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 4:51am

Yeah...mildly entertaining for awhile.  Getting bored with it at this point.

commercialhaterman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialhaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 4:54am
They are playing it WAY too much!!!

Even the mildest of commercials can become annoying when you hear them for the trillionth time!

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 5:53am
Plus the dipsh*t does more cool things in a day than I would do in a year!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 6:52am
THe thing I'm trying to understand is...how is this any different from backing up files on your own? I mean, aside from them going to where this programme sends them (Is it a server-based thing?)

I have a huge external bank for storing backups to utterly important stuff. I take everything I want to back up, and copy it to the two separate drives in there...and wait. Go on about my life and come back in an hour or so many to a fully backed up everything...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

THe thing I'm trying to understand is...how is this any different from backing up files on your own? I mean, aside from them going to where this programme sends them (Is it a server-based thing?)

I have a huge external bank for storing backups to utterly important stuff. I take everything I want to back up, and copy it to the two separate drives in there...and wait. Go on about my life and come back in an hour or so many to a fully backed up everything...

It's probably a front for the NSA or CIA or something.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

I doubt it. These customers are willingly (legally?) surrendering their information. Where is the "fun" in that?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I doubt it. These customers are willingly (legally?) surrendering their information. Where is the "fun" in that?

Not much, I suppose, if you're a spook but data is data. They'd be stupid if they didn't mine such a source.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 7:39pm
Yup. This commercial was in for crap the moment it first appeared, and yes - still deserves every bit of grief it gets to this day.
--->>>Direct Link To This Post<<<---original thread clicky from when it first offended. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 8:21pm
Do you have to pay them monthly to hold your data? F*ck that. Get an external hard drive and do it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

Do you have to pay them monthly to hold your data? F*ck that. Get an external hard drive and do it yourself.
Not only do some choose not to, but recovery of a WIN-based environment just sucks, Bubba.
Microsuck's "registry" scres the pooch every time you turn around.
An external backup will NOT save your tail, extermal drive, nor Carbonite.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Not only do some choose not to, but recovery of a WIN-based environment just sucks, Bubba.
Microsuck's "registry" scres the pooch every time you turn around.
An external backup will NOT save your tail, extermal drive, nor Carbonite.  

That's why in my case, you just back up your D drive (the one that holds the factory Windows installation).

If that fails, I have copies of XP, Vista, and 7 on discs with the validation keys.

I meant stuff like movies, photos, important documents, stuff like that. Why would anyone pay a fee for some company to store their data for them?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 8:58pm

I got one of those for a present last Christmas and, even with my limited knowledge of computers, I've managed to back up all my important personal data on it. There's no way I would pay a company to store my stuff.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 9:00pm

I have a dead external hard drive. Fortunately nothing of extreme importance is on it. I back-up really important things on CD/DVD and store them in my bank deposit box.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 9:11pm

I have a dead external hard drive. Fortunately nothing of extreme importance is on it.

Can data be retrieved from a dead external hard drive?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 9:18pm

I have a dead external hard drive. Fortunately nothing of extreme importance is on it.

Yes if it is really important. It can be very expensive. and may not be 100% successful.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:01pm

Yes if it is really important. It can be very expensive. and may not be 100% successful.

I suppose the answer then is to back up important data in more than one place.
commercialhaterman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialhaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:03pm
Either way this commercial pisses me off!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:14pm
Hence why my external backup system has two hard drives in it. Two copies of everything. Smaller files (documents and images and the like) also get backed up on my cloud drive, or google account, or amazon, etc.

Music gets put on mediafire, and every now and again, I back up a few videos by putting them on one of my youtube accounts as a private video. I can download them at almost the full quality they were at prior.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:38am
I'm sure Harrison Ford hates this product too. Wink

wes_tx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wes_tx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:48pm
anyone know who the two actors are?
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 3:13pm
I'm glad someone made a post about this commercial. It's been driving me up the f*cking wall for years now. The hip hop music playing while he's out doing things drives me nuts. He's doing some cool sh*t, but he's not being a bad ass as the music seems to imply. Enough already!

This and that state farm commercial with the two twits in the clothing store drooling over an ugly handbag..they have both been running way too f*cking long!
People are dumb.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I'm sure Harrison Ford hates this product too. Wink

You beat me to it! When I saw the word Carbonite the first thing I thought of was Hans Solo. LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by DemonicMelodies DemonicMelodies wrote:

I'm glad someone made a post about this commercial. It's been driving me up the f*cking wall for years now. The hip hop music playing while he's out doing things drives me nuts. He's doing some cool sh*t, but he's not being a bad ass as the music seems to imply. Enough already!

This and that state farm commercial with the two twits in the clothing store drooling over an ugly handbag..they have both been running way too f*cking long!

I hate that top 40 hip hop music too, it sounds so damn stupid!

I hate that State Farm commercial too,so f**king dumb!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
VincentPrice View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VincentPrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:17pm
One must wonder what is so important that you'll have to back up. You could always compress things (movies, photos, documents) in a .rar or .zip file and store them on a myriad of sites which are free and made for just such things. Keep the links and store in multiple locations so you never lose important things. 

It annoys me to no end how any commercial to do with software/data protection is nothing more than base fear peddling.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic