Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Think before you ink....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think before you ink....
    Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:26am
Just on the early news.  The federal government wants to require a waiting period of 24 hours before anyone can get a tattoo or peircing, pearcing.??
DON"T THEY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO?????Angry
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 12:11pm
LOLOh boy...way to go, lk! What a lovely subject, one of my favorites.
Tattoos - the scars and bars of veterans of 'The Great Crayola War'.
The proof *some* kids DID 'eat paint chips', only to find they rise to the surface as permanent screams for help.
Yea, I think there are many important things for the U.S. of Anemic Thinking's government to do, but this one *IS* valid. They probably (prolly?) should consider other PSA campaigns such as "Look Beyond The Ink - No Matter How Funny, Everyone Is Human Sometimes".
People really *should* think a little harder - they may not care what others think, but they may care about how their clearly visible personal decisions and statements can directly influence others, and thus, impact themselves. I know, I know, I know - just because the guy next to you has a tat of 'Batman' on him doesn't mean he dated him (but, it probably remains advisable to take another step to the left of him before he introduces you to what he has hanging from his 'utility belt'). 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 1:41pm
I gave considerable thought (many days -- if not weeks) before I got my three small tats {a small lightning bolt on my right upper arm, an upside-down pink triangle on my left upper arm, and a rather small Greek lambda above my right nipple} around 1990; though my decision to get a nose ring in the early-1990s (which I no longer have BTW) was strongly influenced by my mother...she actually encouraged me to have that done and I think I thought about it for a day or three before pulling the trigger.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 2:41pm

While, yes, this is coming from Washington DC, it's not being proposed as a federal law.  It's confined to the actual District of Columbia and is, thus, a city law.

Nevertheless, what the...??  Don't they have other actual problems in that town they could be dealing with?  If they're worried about someone's chances for employment (as one article explained), why don't they work on the district's 41% dropout rate?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:05pm
Just what we need... another public service campaign whose message is encapsulated in a catchy little four-word rhyme.

Because that's all today's weak-minded youth can be expected to retain inside that jumble of other useless garbage their soft, under-taxed little brains are full of.

I hope I live to see the day where farting in public becomes such an issue that we see public service ads telling us to think before we stink.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:31pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 5:50pm
Ahhhh, we have our slogan & our graphic, so all we need now is the "problem".

I say we all get out there & start us a trend!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Think before you stink, Brilliant!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 6:47pm
Frankly, I don't have to bend over like that to let one fly.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:27pm
As an impulse experiment to see if I would like tattoos, I took out a permeaneant marker as a teen and drew a big C on my thigh as a makeshift temporary tattoo.(I somehow knew that P markers wash off)..  I was glad that although the marker says permeaneant, it washed off....EmbarrassedSmile I'd freak if that permeanant marker really did mean forever and I was stuck with a C on my thigh for the rest of my life.....Tongue
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:30pm
^^ Nah all you'd have had to do is douse your thigh with some hydrochloric acid, and your skin the C would come right off.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:34pm
Insanity, you're horrible......LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:35pm
Or a high speed pneumatic sander with 60 grit sandpaper.

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:34pm
Or contract the flesh-eating virus.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

As an impulse experiment to see if I would like tattoos, I took out a permeaneant marker as a teen and drew a big C on my thigh as a makeshift temporary tattoo.(I somehow knew that P markers wash off)..  I was glad that although the marker says permeaneant, it washed off....EmbarrassedSmile I'd freak if that permeanant marker really did mean forever and I was stuck with a C on my thigh for the rest of my life.....Tongue
Is that you Donna, I told you not to call me here.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 11:48pm
I'm like, do I like have to put a deposit down first. And like, come back like the next day to get my lip pierced?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

Didn't you ever hear of rub-on tattoos?  I mean, hell, those things even used to come in boxes of Cracker Jacks.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 11:58pm
A tattoo of Tattoo!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:15am

I'm all for tattoos---mainly the face and neck tattoos.  It's good to be able to identify the idiots without having to actually talk to them.

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 4:34am
I remember a poster on here or somewhere else on line saying their friend or family member had gotten a cool tattoo of a Panther with metal rings in the nose or something like that, and she got pregnant, and the tattoo was immediately f-cked up with the increase weight, stretching it out to an absolute mess.  She obviously did not think about the possibility of pregnancy f-cking up the tattoo when she was thinking of buying one and getting it...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Just what we need... another public service campaign whose message is encapsulated in a catchy little four-word rhyme.

Because that's all today's weak-minded youth can be expected to retain inside that jumble of other useless garbage their soft, under-taxed little brains are full of.

I hope I live to see the day where farting in public becomes such an issue that we see public service ads telling us to think before we stink.

ConfusedHow about 'Think Before Becoming A Human Passport'?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:26pm
Woman tattoos the name of her boyfriend on her arm, breaks up with him in six months.

She should have thought of marrying him first.  The tattoo will last longer.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm all for tattoos---mainly the face and neck tattoos.  It's good to be able to identify the idiots without having to actually talk to them.

No tattoos for me. I almost cried when I had a very attractive young woman pump my gas (Oregon). Who was covered in tattoos and piercings. She had reached the pinnacle of her career!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:06am
A few years ago when I was still working as a sub, I was subbing for an economics teacher at the high school right near my neighborhood. There was this very attractive Hispanic girl of about 16 who was telling her friends how, as soon as she was old enough, she was going to get a giant tattoo of some kind of wings or something, covering her entire back.

I beseeched her to think long & hard about it. Told her that I thought girls' skin was beautiful enough as it is & that covering it in tattoos was a waste.

I don't know if she took my advice or not.

Hope so.

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 1:20am
Today, you'd get in trouble for telling her that....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic