Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 6:50pm
You guys go months without rain then get these monster storms.
Quiet here now, on the edge of another area of rain. Finally getting some color in the maples.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 5:26pm
Sharply colder today. It was 40 when I got up and showing only 30 degrees now. Low in the teens tonight.  Brrrrrski.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 6:06pm
We have rain currently.  It's supposed to turn to 1 to 3 inches of snow later this afternoon.  It's supposed to snow tomorrow morning as well.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 6:18pm
When that front passes down here in the next day or 2 some areas around here will flirt with the freezing mark, but for the most part it will be mid 30's, close to 40 on the coastal areas.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 6:18pm
Was sunny and chilly earlier, now it's just plain cloudy/overcast.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:51pm
The front is almost here Clap  Right now it's about 68 where I am, and in the town about 15 miles west/northwest of me it's 59.   It should start to cool down here in the next half hour, and the overnight low forecast for my zip is right at 32. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:31pm
Big smileWas 20F during morning bike ride - only slipped on a few patches of ice.
We have snow!
We have 'biting cold' (it is now 29 with a strong breeze)!
I'm SO happy I've got 'drippage' (prolly should've gone to the bathrrom)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 11:39pm
Snow (like an inch) and cold today.  Mid-50s by the weekend.  Doubtless a tornado outbreak next week.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 11:50pm
Right now it is 30F (or -1C), but 24F (or -4C) when considering wind-chill. 
I've been on three bike rides already, today...and I've got an itch to go on a fourth.
This is absolutely the healthiest time of year for the likes o'me - Ya just can't keep me in!
Got crockpots going and have been discussing the facr I want to go through the next four months without a car (unless I'm on assignment again (soon), this year.
This is the kind of weather that takes away all the pains and makes one feel young again.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 1:13pm
Much colder, 31 wind gust to 40MPH.
Many sympathies for storm victims in Illinois and Indiana. Over 80 tornados according to news reports.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 1:02pm
The first snow of the season. Colder, 26 now.  Low in the single digits by Sunday morning.http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/lkl2005/11-22006_zps967527d4.jpg
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 7:24pm
Nice and cool 49 degrees right now.   It rained a lot this morning but that's died off, however more is on the way.  There are actually winter weather (probably freezing rain/sleet, no snow) conditions not too terribly far northwest of me .. maybe about 150-200 miles, but it won't make it this far.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 8:29pm

I've had to put my heat on now for a week!  Just a few hours in the morning, then I turn it off for the rest of the day.  Stepping out of the shower into 63 degree temps, is more than my nipples can stand.

Today I forgot to turn it off, and it soon got to 73 degrees upstairs.  That's too warm.  I know people who keep their house like that all the time.  Practically sweltering.  Funny how, in the summer, 73 degrees feels too cool inside, but in the winter, it's too warm.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've had to put my heat on now for a week!  Just a few hours in the morning, then I turn it off for the rest of the day.  Stepping out of the shower into 63 degree temps, is more than my nipples can stand.

Today I forgot to turn it off, and it soon got to 73 degrees upstairs.  That's too warm.

LOL  That is to cold.  Cool is good for sleeping.  The furnace comes on at 67.  I get up early so the furnace does not have to run long.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 8:56pm

^  I love cold pillows.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 9:22pm

26, feels like 18, and snow until Tuesday...

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 12:54pm
The darkest hour and coldest temperature is just before the dawn.Confused  Nevermind that.
I have 15 degrees on the back porch, The weatherbug at the elementary school has 12.
With a steady NNW wind the chill factor (feels like) temp is ZERO.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 2:38pm
WinkSnow is supposed to come today...and not stop for an entire week, according to NOAA.
About darned time.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 1:22am
(ConfusedIt was such a cold & windy ride that I've got an icedickle hanging off of me, now!)
We've had high winds and smattering of blowing snow for a few days, now. 
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 1:24am
Let's see.

Two straight days with temps barely getting to the mid-20s or so, which will be followed by 55-60 degree temps on Wednesday...which, of course, will be accompanied by heavy rain.  Then a return to this cold bullsh*t.  Also, at this time last week it was well into the 60s.

How much would room and board cost, Thor?
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

Let's see.

Two straight days with temps barely getting to the mid-20s or so, which will be followed by 55-60 degree temps on Wednesday...which, of course, will be accompanied by heavy rain.  Then a return to this cold bullsh*t.  Also, at this time last week it was well into the 60s.

How much would room and board cost, Thor?
LOLBe careful, NR - rates in Kaliwhorenia should be awfully cheap given the high probability of it dropping into the Pacific at any moment...don't overpay, no matter what Thor says...if you really want an oceanside to retreat from, or to, well, may I suggest Japlantis? I hear it is simply a glowing place.  
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:24pm
Unbelievable.  The local radar is currently showing a little bit of snowfall about 25 miles northwest of me.  My guess however is that it's not reaching the ground as snow - It can't be any colder than 36 degrees up there since it's about 39 here.  But any kind of anything wintry showing up down here before mid December is pretty much unheard of.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

(ConfusedIt was such a cold & windy ride that I've got an icedickle hanging off of me, now!)
We've had high winds and smattering of blowing snow for a few days, now. 
I used to ride my 10 speed Shwinn continental (can't see what I'm saying today) with skinny street gum tires across frozen bodies of water. I would also play on the ice rink spinning the rear tire and fish tailing.  I could ride a hell of a wheely on that thing too.  Not on ice , of course.  Tongue
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 7:23pm
Speaking of frozen bodies of water.  Its been cold here. I have not been out there yet but I bet it is 2 + inches of ice.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 9:53pm
ShockedHeartWe got about 3 feet of snow last night! YAY!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 175>
  Share Topic