Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 1:16am
Are you serious? 60's? As in I take my dog for a walk at 5:30 am and I might shiver! Glorious!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:45am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Are you serious? 60's? As in I take my dog for a walk at 5:30 am and I might shiver! Glorious!

That's what Tom T. said.

Whether it happens or not is a different story.

Keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 6:13pm
Rain and warm today for the last day of summer. But then we get into highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's to start off fall.
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:14am
Governor DeSantis issued a State of Emergency for Florida today because Tropical Depression #9 could be a Hurricane by next Wednesday!

Received my first email from Publix grocery store reminding me to stock up on hurricane supplies!

Local meteorologists are giddy!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:34am

Governor DeSantis issued a State of Emergency for Florida today because Tropical Depression #9 could be a Hurricane by next Wednesday!

Received my first email from Publix grocery store reminding me to stock up on hurricane supplies!

Local meteorologists are giddy!

This is what the weather geeks live for.

If this thing gets close and is projected to make landfall around here, they'll be in front of the cameras all day and all night long, blabbering about low pressure and high pressure and cones and Doppler and convection currents and a couple dozen other things nobody else understands, just to have an excuse to be on TV so they can be in promo ads for the station, patting themselves on the back for the wonderful job they did and the thorough, nonstop coverage they provided.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:39am
As with any potential storm threat, whether it be blizzard, flooding, hurricane, the non-stop coverage begins the moment there is a blip on the radar!

Watching WFTV local news, film clips of long lineups at the pumps, people filling sandbags in Orlando and urging us to stock up on water and batteries!

I don't remember the name of the hurricane that was supposed to make landfall in Tampa about 18 years ago (maybe), but residents left Tampa and travelled to Orlando. Guess where the hurricane hit - Orlando!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:23am
That was probably Charlie in 2004.

One of the four in a row that hit us in the space of a month!!!!

And every one, though they each followed a different path, raked right across Orlando.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That was probably Charlie in 2004.

One of the four in a row that hit us in the space of a month!!!!

And every one, though they each followed a different path, raked right across Orlando.

Yes! That was the one that damaged the air traffic control tower at the airport, right? We lost power and there was minor damage in the neighbourhood - mostly to pool enclosures. I remember it being very quiet with no a/c units running! We lived on the east side near UCF.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 3:10am

Yes! That was the one that damaged the air traffic control tower at the airport, right? We lost power and there was minor damage in the neighbourhood - mostly to pool enclosures. I remember it being very quiet with no a/c units running! We lived on the east side near UCF.

It also took the spire off the top of Cocoa Beach Baptist Church and jammed it point first through the roof.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 12:02am
It's going to be warm up until Thursday. Supposed to be 75 tomorrow but overnight frost is possible later in the week.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 1:13am
Another rare beautiful fall day down here in Florida during the normally sweaty month of Swamptober.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:33am
Ended up going for a walk around the neighborhood due to the warm weather. It's still 70 right now.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 2:01am
My neighbors are laughing at me - morning temps have been around 60F and they are wearing jackets with their shorts while I am still in a tee and shorts!

I keep telling everyone "this is like a Canadian summer day for me"!

Bets have been made as to when I will finally wear a sweater! Sometime between October 15th and December 3rd!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 2:03am

My neighbors are laughing at me - morning temps have been around 60F and they are wearing jackets with their shorts while I am still in a tee and shorts!

I keep telling everyone "this is like a Canadian summer day for me"!

LOL! LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 6:26pm
Cold, rainy and windy today with only a high of 46. And we're at 46 already. By Sunday, we may reach 75.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 2:47pm
This morning at 9 am....

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 1:42am
Absolutely loving this cooler weather in central Florida! I have more energy and have begun taking a brisk walk after breakfast!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 2:31am
Checked Accuweather first thing this morning before taking our old dog out to do her thing - 43 degrees! Damn near froze with the wind out of the north - I gave in to long pants and a light sweatshirt! Definitely tea drinking weather!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:18pm

About a month ago, after a brutal, hot, muggy and near rainless summer, the weather became rainy and then cooler and less humid. The plants in my flower bed that struggled in the heat, took off. This past week, they never looked better. The zinnias became big and magnificent. Until today. Apparently, last night, some deer came along and ate each and every flower---the red ones, the yellow ones and the purple ones. For some reason, they left the pink ones.

Oh well, they were doomed anyway, with temps nearing freezing at night.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 5:48pm
We've had the nicest October (mostly anyway) down here that I can remember.

Around the second week it warmed back up into the upper 80's and the humidity crept back up a little, but it's back to wonderful again.

Went down into the 50's last night, in the low 70's right now.

🎃

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 11:05pm
We've been in the 70's for the past few years. Fine by me for late October in northern Ohio.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 4:35pm
We may be getting into the 70's again starting Thursday. It may be 75 on Saturday.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:48pm
Well we had another day in the 70's on Thursday, but now we're getting into more typical November weather. Today, only in the low 40's with a chance of rain and a little snow too. It will continue to be like this throughout the week.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:26pm
And now it's snowing.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 7:47pm
We're getting slowly into winter here. Only 35 here right now and we may be in the 20's for highs this weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175>
  Share Topic