Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 4:35pm
Only 49 right now and rain showers. I'm glad I stayed home yesterday. It was totally nasty out there. This is probably the first time I've worn jeans since June. I'll wear a coat when I go out later.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:27pm
Looking like MAYBE we are getting an early start to what passes for fall down here.

A taste or a tease, anyway.

Temps are "down" into the high 80's but the real story is the humidity.

The air actually feels like air rather than warm, moist goo for the first time in months.

The good thing is that the forecast for the upcoming week is even better.

Of course, this being Florida, anything can happen.

Mid October could roll around and it could go back to feeling like August again.

I will remain hopeful, though!!! Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
I started wearing my jacket yesterday.  Turning the heat on in my truck.  Fired up the space heater here in the living room.  Frost warnings in effect for northern parts of the state.
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:11pm
We enjoyed a beautiful day today. A nice breeze from the north this morning really scrubbed the humidity out of the air!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Looking like MAYBE we are getting an early start to what passes for fall down here.

A taste or a tease, anyway.

Temps are "down" into the high 80's but the real story is the humidity.

The air actually feels like air rather than warm, moist goo for the first time in months.

The good thing is that the forecast for the upcoming week is even better.

Of course, this being Florida, anything can happen.

Mid October could roll around and it could go back to feeling like August again.

I will remain hopeful, though!!! Thumbs Up

Seems you enjoyed today’s weather as well - the lower humidity was refreshing.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:09am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Seems you enjoyed today’s weather as well - the lower humidity was refreshing.

I live in anticipation of the end of the heat and humidity and in dread of the beginning of it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 6:58pm
Really warm for the first day of October in Wisconsin.  I'm showing 82 degrees.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 10:37pm
Our mornings have been refreshing- and I definitely notice how much happier people seem!

I feel so much more energetic with cooler mornings and low humidity!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 10:52pm
It has been heavenly around here for late September/early October.

Last year the warm, humid air hung around until after the beginning of November.

I hope the trend continues and by mid October we're getting daytime highs in the low 80's with lower dewpoints and overnight low temps in the 60's.

Not really "fall", but I'd be happy with that.

Don't want to over-expect. 

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 12:35am
Oh I remember last year’s heat and humidity! I was hating the fact we moved here!   

Thought I would be acclimated by now, guess not!

I do love fall / winter in Florida! I will still be wearing shorts into November I expect!

The neighbors will be bundled up in jackets and long pants and commenting on my lack of winter wear!   
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 1:11am

Oh I remember last year’s heat and humidity! I was hating the fact we moved here!   

Thought I would be acclimated by now, guess not!

I do love fall / winter in Florida! I will still be wearing shorts into November I expect!

The neighbors will be bundled up in jackets and long pants and commenting on my lack of winter wear!      

You and your neighbors will all be wearing shorts and tank tops in January. 

During the day anyhow.

Gets chilly at night. 

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 1:47am
So funny you should say that!

When we lived in Orlando approximately 20 years ago, we could always pick out the tourists visiting in January by their shorts and tank tops while we were dressed in jeans and sweatshirts!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:30am
People must think I'm a tourist then, because I run around most of the year in shorts and t-shirts.

I keep my doors and windows open most of the year, too.

Has to go down well into the 40's before I'll close them.

And I rarely use the little portable oil-filled space heater that is the only heater I have.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:24pm
I agree! The best moment is when the windows and doors can be thrown wide open to let the fresh air in!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 6:07pm
It's been in the high 60's and low 70's most of the time and will continue for awhile. Rain and storms are likely this evening.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 6:09pm

So funny you should say that!

When we lived in Orlando approximately 20 years ago, we could always pick out the tourists visiting in January by their shorts and tank tops while we were dressed in jeans and sweatshirts!

Even on a nice January day in the Keys, if it's the slightest bit cool, the tourists will wear shorts and the locals will wear coats and long pants.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:02pm
Coldest morning of the season so far.  40 Degrees.  I have both base board and in floor radiant heating on the some boiler.  The pump for the radiant heating was squealing last night. They are on separate thermostats.  I'll have to make a phone call Monday morning.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:17pm
Pretty cool for most of the next 7 days. It's about 55 and sunny right now. Yesterday was a total soaker. Our days of warm weather are probably over for now.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 9:01pm
Only about 45 right now and we have a high chance for a hard freeze tonight. It's November after all.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 4:37pm
Pretty freaking nice for early November.  I wanted to check my tire pressures.  I've turned into a hermit.

I just have to start the engine to check my tires.  I was going to ride the tractor to the mailbox.  The right front was at 19 PSI.  I drove the truck.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm

Stern Smile Sleepy 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 5:12pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 5:24pm
That is exactly it!!!! ^^^^ 

And it's moving SLOWLY.

Supposed to be gone by tomorrow afternoon then bring in some nice dry COOL air. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 3:38pm
It looks like we just might make 60 for tomorrow after a few days with highs in the 40's and 50's.

My father and older brother had to actually leave a college football game on Tuesday after halftime because it was so cold. The first games you roast and the last games you freeze.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 4:15pm
Woke up to temps in the 50's this morning!!!! Thumbs Up

First time this season.

Nice and dry too, after a long soggy, sloggy day of constant rain yesterday.

Might try to get outside and do some walking today.

Need the exercise bad. Stern Smile

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 175>
  Share Topic