Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOL
Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't even know if our theaters are open these days.

They are in Ohio, but there's likely not much business with the pandemic. Michigan on the other hand, went back into a stay-at home order a month and a half ago.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 4:46pm
It's not often we have a brown Christmas here.  This is the view from here at my desk.  Supposed to get 1-3 inches later today.  May not see the grass again until April.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 1:46pm
I have to talk myself into going out there and dealing with the snow.  I've been to the grocery store. My hip feels...not bad.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's not often we have a brown Christmas here.  This is the view from here at my desk.  Supposed to get 1-3 inches later today.  May not see the grass again until April.

I'm sure the ladies will be disappointed.  
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:28pm
LOL  You bad!

My feet are cold and wet, I can't get the damned snowblower started.  I pulled and pulled!  I'm not in very good shape!  I drug the thing over to the front door.  It has an electric start but you have to hook it to an extension cord. It still won't start!  I pulled the spark plug and it was very wet.  WTF?  I'm about to give up and call the guy who sold it to me.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 4:52pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 1:42pm
It's 3 degrees above zero!  I put on my new long johns.  I wonder if the snow blower will start. Expecting 3 to 6 more inches of snow tonight.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 5:09pm
We did have a White Christmas this year. Didn't take a photo though.

Today's the only sunny day we're supposed to have for the week. We're supposed to get a mix tomorrow. At least the temperatures are above average.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
Another mild stretch of weather.  That's OK for me...I do need to buy some ice-melt salt like sh*t.  If I fall down I might spend the rest of my life in a hospital!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Another mild stretch of weather.  That's OK for me...I do need to buy some ice-melt salt like sh*t.  If I fall down I might spend the rest of my life in a hospital!

It's going to be mild here in Toledo, but we did have an inch of snow early this morning.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:00pm
Stuck in this cloudy, gloomy world of low clouds for a week now.  The temps aren't too bad, the trees sure are purdy!

I did it again yesterday, I have NO self control!  When I buy fast foods, I try to get 2 full meals.

If I don't have a good meal here in the morning, I gorge myself and eat more than I should.  But, it was sooo good and I was sooo hungry.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 10:18pm
Pretty much all in the 30's and clouds this week. Not bad, but could be worse.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:02pm
Hey, It's sunny day outside my window....

We see the sun for the first time in 12 days/

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:10pm
It looks like the good news here in Ohio is that we're all at the lowest of all high temps. for the year. So a month from now, and so on, we will likely see slightly warmer temperatures for each passing month.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:11pm
Chilly here supposed to get downright COLD this weekend. 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Like what are the highs?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Like what are the highs?

High right now is 59°.

Supposed to drop into the 30's this weekend.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:19pm

Like what are the highs?

High right now is 59°.

My parents want to move to Florida in the winter when they retire. They want to be in the southern part of the state, particularly the Keys. This is the exact reason right here. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 3:32pm
We dodged another snow storm.  A mild 35 degrees right now. Chance for rain or snow later today.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 3:48pm

So far, like last year, it's been a pretty mild winter. We had some snow last month, but nothing this month, nor in the 10 day forecast.

Not that it's nice out; it isn't. It's gray and dreary. It just isn't wet or hella brick.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 4:11pm

Like what are the highs?

High right now is 59°.

My parents want to move to Florida in the winter when they retire. They want to be in the southern part of the state, particularly the Keys. This is the exact reason right here. 

Come hurricane season they may regret choosing to live in the Keys.

Tell them that a friend of yours who is a lifelong Florida resident and almost native, suggests that they consider a different part of the state.

Somewhere inland in the central part of the state, maybe out in the country west of Orlando.

Clermont, maybe. Winter Garden. 

Winter Haven or Lakeland, both of which are south of Orlando.

To the north, Ocala is also very nice. 

Deland, Deltona.

The Villages.

The weather around those places is not as hot in the summer as south Florida and it doesn't really get all that cold in the winter.

Plus, if a hurricane does hit there, being inland ensures that by the time it reaches them, the strength will have subsided significantly.

This also accounts for lower homeowners' insurance rates.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:17pm
It's been pretty dreary in northern Ohio today both with rain and snow.

Thankfully, our winter has been mild so far.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm

Like what are the highs?

High right now is 59°.

Come hurricane season they may regret choosing to live in the Keys.

Tell them that a friend of yours who is a lifelong Florida resident and almost native, suggests that they consider a different part of the state.

Somewhere inland in the central part of the state, maybe out in the country west of Orlando.

Clermont, maybe. Winter Garden. 

Winter Haven or Lakeland, both of which are south of Orlando.

To the north, Ocala is also very nice. 

Deland, Deltona.

The Villages.

The weather around those places is not as hot in the summer as south Florida and it doesn't really get all that cold in the winter.

Plus, if a hurricane does hit there, being inland ensures that by the time it reaches them, the strength will have subsided significantly.

This also accounts for lower homeowners' insurance rates.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the Keys would possibly be just a winter home to escape the cold Ohio winters for 3 months. I do know the Keys can have hurricanes in the summer.

Those places you mentioned are very nice and I know a few retiree friends who live there in the winter.

I'm sure places inland help with not being damaged badly as other parts of the state.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the Keys would possibly be just a winter home to escape the cold Ohio winters for 3 months. I do know the Keys can have hurricanes in the summer.

Those places you mentioned are very nice and I know a few retiree friends who live there in the winter.

I'm sure places inland help with not being damaged badly as other parts of the state.

That would greatly improve their personal safety, even though if a hurricane was targeting the Keys, they'd probably have to evacuate anyway.

But still, just owning property down there is a financial risk.

Sky-high property insurance rates, too.

They'd probably be better off just renting a place down there for the winter. 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 175>
  Share Topic