Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:52pm
^ Wearing warm clothes, maybe a blanket when watching TV?

The temps. have been very mild for this time of the year, it still feels cold in here.

Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:57am
It's a damp winter, makes it feel worse.
Every few days I have to switch to AC or heat.  Weird winter this year.
And the pollen is really heavy already.  Had to rinse off the windshield, the wipers just smear it around...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 2:33pm
We've had a slow moving system on top of us since Wednesday. 1 to 2 inches of snow every day. Heavy wet snow!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:03pm
We could see a new record high temp. for this date today. 45 degrees

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 6:46pm
It's a sunny day outside my window...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 7:42am
Clear skies at the moment, the moon is so bright it is making shadows!

January was a mild month.  The utility bill went from $204 to $209! Thumbs Up

Snow moving in later today...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 2:30pm
Getting downright toasty around here this week....

This should be a good week to try to get some outdoor work done.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
^ Not bad!  Angry

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays this old fool from fetching some grub!"

It was actually a pretty pleasant drive, there was no one in front of me until I got back into our town. The jerk-off drivers always find me! (sigh) No matter how good of a driver you are, no matter how much experience you have driving in bad weather. It can go horribly wrong in a matter of seconds. Young people who are cocky to start with, driving over their head and too fast for conditions.  I was lucky, again!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:04pm
YIKES!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:13pm
We've hardly had any snow so far this year. In fact, the average daytime temps here have been in the 40s. Can't complain too much, I guess.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:16am
Spring's coming to FL.  I saw ladybugs the other day...
And my two surviving coffee trees are getting flowers.  They have an off-citrus smell.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 5:54pm
1 to 3 inches of snow tonight.  Then, the bottom drops out!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:14pm
Kinda hot around here.

Going into the upper 80's soon.

Hope it doesn't last too long.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:26pm
It's colder than...We've been through that.

FIRST ALERT WEATHER DAY FOR SLICK TRAVEL & BITTER COLD

From FIRST ALERT Meteorologist Steve Beylon:

The accumulating snow is ending across northeast Wisconsin. However roads will be slippery this morning. Part of the problem is that as temperatures plunge, road treatments are not as effective. Drivers should also be careful of blowing and drifting snow, mainly in rural areas. With a blustery north wind blowing in from Lake Superior, a few lake flakes will be possible at times today.

Otherwise, skies will be partly sunny today. Those cold north winds will keep temperatures mainly steady, with daytime highs close to 10 degrees. However, wind chills will stay below zero through the afternoon. In fact, as wind chills drop to -15° to -30° later tonight and into Friday morning, it's likely the National Weather Service will issue a Wind Chill Advisory across eastern Wisconsin. Those nasty "feel-like temperatures" will be cold enough for frostbite to develop on exposed skin in less than 30 minutes.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:53am
It's brutal out there. I didn't want to go out but I had to. Mama has been having some cold symptoms, she wanted some cough drops. The garage is down to 31 degrees, I had better put something out there to warm the pipe.

We are dog sitting for one of the wife's friends starting tonight.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:38am
I had a brainstorm!  This flood light bulb puts out a lot of heat.  There's a sensor for a remote thermometer on the wall next to the pipe.  The light bulb has brought up the temp from 31 to 35 degrees.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:17pm
More snow arriving later this afternoon!  I don't mind the snow, but it's going to turn really cold again.  That cost us money!  We are in the county below the number 3, just outside the watch area. Thumbs Up

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
Seasonable temps today, but a really nice warm up is coming for the weekend.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 3:49pm
It sounds like Spring outside, the birds are twerking and tweeting.  There's just one thing missing...What could it be?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 4:35pm
^ One hour of time! No wonder I'm dog tired!   Work with me people! Wink

We are supposed to get a good soaking rain this afternoon.  I left my truck outside...FREE CAR WASH! Tongue

I went to the store this morning, things just got off to a bad start!  I've been there hundreds of times, I always go early in the morning. 24/7 store. Good parking spot, practically an empty store, no waiting in line!  They close the entrance and have only one way to get in the store, the exit.  Security reasons I guess.  Anyway, I park in the wrong place! I must be losing my mind!  Dozens more steps on my crutches!

Speaking of steps, one end of this huge store to the other. I needed an onion for chili (produce) and of course the dairy section is on the other end of the store.  No! I didn't get any cheese with my whine!

I got the wife a Glazed Persian!  Here kitty kitty!  Wait till you hear about her Saturday night!  Almost another trip to the emergency room.  She has been buying Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brian...GOOOOOOD Taters!  I got her some more of those.  I have my tater tots, a little less prep time and hassle.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:30pm
What a crappy weekend!  A lot of rain, the sump pump is working overtime.  The river is almost at flood stage.  It's cold, only 42 right now.

I saw an ad for a handy man who cleans gutters in the local paper. He also sells a gutter topper type of product.  This thing allows the rain water to flow freely yet does not allow leaves and other debris to clog the gutters.  I think I will call him tomorrow for a quote.  Clean the gutters, as long as he doesn't want more than $200 for that and a quote for the toppers.  The house isn't that big, he could clean the gutters in about an hour.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:43am
Finally!  Some rain here in FL.  Didn't last long, but it was heavy.  Can mow the yard tomorrow without sending up clouds of dust...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 3:09pm
I'm seeing some signs of Spring.  I saw two Geese out on the channel yesterday. Here's the male of the new Mallard couple walkng around in the yard.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 6:12pm
Cloudy and sprinkly today.

Might be the first rain we've seen in over a month.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 6:14pm
Mama raked/swept the leaves off of the back porch, (The Veranda!)  I tried to start the tractor.  Of course it's going to need a few hours on the charger.  It would probably start now, I went to the grocery store today and I don't have the energy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 175>
  Share Topic