Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 4:24pm
What a sh*tty couple of days we've had here.

Grey, cloudy, wet, soggy, almost constant drizzling rain. Unhappy

Comfortable temperature and humidity, though. 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 2:23pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 2:29pm
Been rainier than usual this fall.

Probably have a rainier than usual winter, too.

October was a bit warmer and muggier than usual as was November.

December is usually one of our driest months and we've already had a few rainy days.

Florida weather is goofy anyway.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 3:09pm
I've got a sensor for a remote thermometer next to the water pipe in the garage.  It's down to 35 degrees out there.  I have to either find the valve to shut the water off or move the space heater out there before the pipe freezes.  We are going to get a nice warm up in the coming days.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm
It's going to be a brown Christmas. I should go out there and chop leaves!

The weather people are saying that only happens here 23% OF THE TIME SINCE THEY STARTED KEEPING RECORDS. Freaking cap lock! Yet,  3 out of the past 5 winters featured a brown Christmas day.  Global warming? Climate change?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 8:53pm
What a dreary, depressing POS of a day it is today.

Comfortable 70° but wet, drizzly and grey.

More of the same tomorrow, but clearing up on Christmas eve.

Sunny and upper 70's on Christmas day.

Weather wise, this has been a weird holiday season.

Warmer and damper than usual ever since October.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 5:27pm
Beautiful day here today.

Clear, sunny skies, light breeze, mid 70's and low humidity.

Finally.

It's been cloudy with intermittent rain since Saturday.

Yesterday it looked and felt downright "wintery".

By Florida standards, anyway.

Almost Christmassy even.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:12am
A little bit of everything here in the upper mid-west.

Warm temperatures- Near 50!

Lots of rain- 1.5 inches + The sump pump has come back to life.

By noon today, temps. drop and we are expecting 3 to 6 inches of snow.

Sub Topic...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:40pm
Same here pretty much.

Record warm (72°) temp for this day of the year.

Cloudy, damp, rain supposed to move through later today ahead of a cold front that will drop the temp into the 40's on the morning of the 1st.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:30pm
I guessed the utility bill would be about $220.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a total of $204.

Very cold tonight! 8 above with wind chills from 5 to 15 degrees below zero.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:41pm
Beautiful day out today.

What am I doing sitting inside????? 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 1:16pm
ACTIVE WEATHER TODAY... AND INTO THE WEEKEND TOO

We're also keeping an eye on the weekend... Both Saturday and Sunday are now FIRST ALERT WEATHER DAYS. A major winter storm is expected to hit the Great Lakes. The latest information in the First Alert Weather Center suggests that *a foot of snow* will be POSSIBLE across east-central Wisconsin Saturday night into Sunday morning! However - There's still some uncertainty with this storm system and these snow projections can change...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:33pm
Sorry to do this to ya aka ron, but....

Cool 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:41pm
Sorry?  I think you were smiling when you posted that!  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Sorry?  I think you were smiling when you posted that!  Wink

Ya think?.... Big smile

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:38pm
A light rain has made things slippery as snot out there.  I could barely get up the bridge ramp. (2 wheel drive)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 4:40pm
The rear view mirror in my truck has a little display that shows me the direction I'm going (compass) and the outside temperature.  It was reading 4 degrees when I was out just now. It was 25 when I got up this morning!  Green Bay is showing a wind chill of -10!  Brrrrrski!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
It's been almost like summer around here the past few days. Even the humidity was up there for awhile.

Still pretty warm, but will be cooling back down a little over the weekend.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:23pm
The low here was close to zero, I'm worried about the pipe in the garage. My remote thermometer is saying it's 33 degrees next to the pipe.  My truck confirmed 32 over on the other side of the garage.

The temps are rising outside, up to the upper 20's before a snow storm hits later tonight into tomorrow.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
The Ice Hole Pirates are planning some sort of Coup...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
It's so cold...I about froze while putting gas in my truck!  What ever happened to 'Full Service' gas stations?

My first wife's dad actually owned one, a Texaco station at the corner of 71st street and 421 in Indy.

I need a set of shoe laces for my sneakers!  With the weird wear pattern on the soles, maybe I should just buy some new shoes!

Did I mention how much our NFL team sucks?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Did I mention how much our NFL team sucks?

Now you can join me in rooting for KC!!!! Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
Again, I always pick the worst times to go out.  Not a lot of snow, just enough to cover up the lines on the road.  It's early, not much traffic and no snow plows yet.  I could only get up to 40 MPH and still feel comfortable.  Following the tracks of the last vehicle that went through.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm
It went down to 37° here night before last.

Wind chill felt like in the 20's.

That's pretty close to about as chilly as it gets down here, though it has gotten colder.

Only in the 50's last night.

Summer will be here before we know it with the usual oppressive heat and humidity.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 175>
  Share Topic