Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 175>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:44am
I'd open the doors & windows up, but there are now 1.2 million gallons of sewage the city spilled making it's way through the (named Sweetwater, now Sh!t- ) creek across the street...  Dead
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 6:02pm
^ There is a sh*t station just north and east of here! Trucks drop raw sewage.  They think the prevailing winds will keep it nice here in our luxury neighborhood. Not always the case.

The wind is wicked today!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 12:52am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I'd open the doors & windows up, but there are now 1.2 million gallons of sewage the city spilled making it's way through the (named Sweetwater, now Sh!t- ) creek across the street...  Dead

That sounds pretty disgusting.

How close to the actual sh*t water are you?

Do you have a well that's affected by it?

I wouldn't be drinking any tap water for awhile.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 4:28pm
I was just out chopping leaves. It's sunny but cold, 44 degrees. The Maples have some nice color!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 4:54pm
Beautiful!!! ^^^

Been many decades since I've seen that.

We're having a 1 day respite from the unseasonable heat and humidity.

Low 80's, low humidity.

Heat, rain and humidity return tomorrow.

On track to be the hottest October on record, breaking the old record set in the late 1800's.

Sucks.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 5:52pm
The low was 30 degrees this morning!  I asked Mama to get the ladder out for me.  It's supposed to be a little bit warmer over the weekend.  I'll clean some gutters, God willing!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 9:45pm
It's been warmer and wetter than usual around here.

Went to the Halloween "party" at the senior center today. 

They always hold it on the last Friday before Halloween, and for the first time since I started going to them back around '014, it rained.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 4:15pm
What may be the last pic of the Fall foliage. Notice the tree in the foreground, I think they are all Sugar Maples. It's always the last to turn and lose the leaves. Probably because the trunk and roots are sheltered by the fence?

We have had some snow flurries in the air the past few weeks. Measurable snowfall in October?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 4:41pm
Supposed to be near 90° here on Halloween.

This has officially been the hottest October SCHLOCKtober on record. 

Broke the old record set in the late 1800's.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 4:56pm
Global Warming - Climate Change
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 8:38pm
It was blazing hot outside this afternoon.

Just got back from grocery shopping.

Wasn't sure I was gonna make it across the parking lot without dropping.

It literally felt like the middle of August.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:32pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 1:11pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 3:23pm
As much as I am hating this extended summertime heat we're having, I'm not sure I envy the snow you're having either.

All I wish is that the temps here were normal for this time of year.

Highs in the upper 70's/lower 80's. Mid to upper 60's at night with dew points in the upper 50's to lower 60's.

IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK????? Cry Cry Cry

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 3:50pm
^  Sounds like a reasonable request to me!  Wink

There's an old guy down the street who does mechanical work out of his garage. There are 4 or 5 tractors sitting down there right now.  He also has this big ass John Deere lawn tractor with an enclosed cab and a snow blower mounted on the front of it.  He's been clearing 4 or 5 or more driveways along our dead end street for years.  I want to get on his list!  Getting my truck stuck in my own driveway was the last straw!  I doubt he charges very much, I think it's more about helping his less capable neighbors.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 4:05pm
It's freaking cold! 35 degrees!  I was just uptown, there's a guy who does a walking mail route. He pushes around this little 3 wheeled cart.  HE WAS WEARING SHORTS!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 4:35pm
I can see wearing shorts in cold weather.

As long as my shoulders and upper body are warm, the rest of me is warm too.

I'd need warm shoes and socks, though.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 5:53pm
The snow and cold temps have brought down a lot of leaves,  more snow predicted on Thursday night.

I may have to get out there and chop some wet leaves!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:47pm
This is just friggin bat sh*t crazy!  I don't remember EVER seeing any measurable snow before all of the leaves are off the trees! I must not have heard the forecast right. Probably another 3 inches since early this morning. It's going to get cold tonight also, 23 degrees.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This is just friggin bat sh*t crazy!  I don't remember EVER seeing any measurable snow before all of the leaves are off the trees! I must not have heard the forecast right. Probably another 3 inches since early this morning. It's going to get cold tonight also, 23 degrees.

Record hot October down here. Wacko 

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 8:18pm
Went out to head up to the store to grab some food earlier.

Good Gawd, it was hot!!!

There are these two electrical system plugs on the engine of my car, that are part of the starting system. Any time the air gets too damp, like after a very long or heavy rain or just on a really humid day, the car won't start because the moisture in the air affects the contacts in one or both of those plugs. So I have to pop the hood, unplug the two plugs, let them sit unplugged for a minute or two, then re connect them. I always kind of push and pull them together and apart a few times so the male pins will rub against the inside of the female receptacles (think sexual intercourse) to kind of scrub away any thin build up that may be in there prior to reconnecting them. After that, the car usually starts right up.

Anyway, it was so hot and humid this afternoon, I had to do that before going to the store.

It's been happening every few times I've used the car over the past few weeks because of the high levels of humidity in the air.

In the future, when I look back on Halloween of 2019, I'll be calling it Hot-loween. 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:21pm
Why is it so freaking cold! 29 in Green Bay, 18 is the 'feels like' Wind Chill. I went out in the back yard and chopped some more leaves. Winter coat, stocking cap and gloves were in order.

Mama wasn't feeling well this morning, she's off to see her doctor.  The only good thing about that is she might bring home some KFC.  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:48pm
NOAA says your region has equal chances for below-, near- or above-average temperatures this winter from December through February 

The precipitation model shows that your region has a 40 - 50% chance of a wetter than average winter.

For my region, the prediction is for a 40 - 50% chance of a warmer than normal winter and equal chances of either wetter or drier than normal.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

NOAA says your region has equal chances for below-, near- or above-average temperatures this winter from December through February 
The precipitation model shows that your region has a 40 - 50% chance of a wetter than average winter.

For my region, the prediction is for a 40 - 50% chance of a warmer than normal winter and equal chances of either wetter or drier than normal.

Just another reason to contact my neighbor with the big ass snow blower! My first hurdle...I called their number and it would not accept a call from a private number. Confused  I had no idea the caller ID on my phone showed an incoming call as private.  Well, I figured that out and made the changes to fix that. Left them a brief message, 1-3 inches of snow tonight and it's been cold enough we just might have to shovel.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 4:51pm
The first true test of my new tires, I'm not impressed or surprised.

I hope the neighbor got my message, have not heard from him. I am kind of the 'black sheep' of the neighborhood. I left my name and phone number, not the address.
 Winter driving in Wisconsin...GET OUT OF MY WAY!!! 

The normal high temp. for this time of year is about 47 degrees!  WTF?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 175>
  Share Topic