Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 5:13pm
Another day and night of above normal temperatures, the predicted high for today is 78 degrees with a dew point in the upper 60s. The wife took this pic of the Maple near the channel. The water will cool off before the soil so that's probably why it is changing colors so early in the season.  The Cottonwoods are losing their leaves already, they are the dirty, nasty rats of the tree world.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 4:43pm
I'm glad I'm not in Miami!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm glad I'm not in Miami!

Aside from all the other possible reasons to be glad for not being in Miami, why? 

That's a satellite photo of Dorian, which is long gone. 

Jerry is still a long way off and predicted to turn north and stay way out in the ocean. 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:06pm
Sleepy...he missed it
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:35pm
Missed what?

It's just a picture of a weather map.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:52pm
^ LOL  I always thought that in the Florida penis joke...(How's it hanging?) It was hanging the other way!

It's been so warm and humid here, the fridge is leaking.  I suppose I should get under there with the vacuum and clean up what I can.  As if I don't have enough to do around here.  Maybe pull it all the way out and suck some water with the shop vac.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 7:41pm
We haven't had a September as nice as this one has been for a good ten years or so.

The nice weather we're having now is supposedly due to the storms out in the Atlantic pulling dry air down from the north, but I wouldn't know.

The last time we had such nice weather in September, I don't think there was anything going on in the Atlantic.

All I know is that I feel like I should be in an old McDonald's commercial, shouting...
I'M LOVIN' IT!!!!! Heart Heart Heart 
Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:05pm
^^^Greta Thunberg hates uncaring people like you.
Oh! WAIT A MINUTE! Here she is, saying "F*&K YOU, ol'Mule! When conditions are right, you are SUPPOSED to be suffering now, in FLoriHell!"

...and it isn't so bad in 'daSwamp, about nowBig smile...but I want to go HOME SO BAD before I go all exstinky.

Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:00pm
Finally! Just late yesterday did some seasonable weather move in.  It is the first day of fall!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:16pm
The nice(r) weather is still holding down here!!!! Clap

Not as crisp and cool as Wisconsin of course, but better than I hoped for. Thumbs Up

The past week or more it has been warm but breezy and the hated humidity has been well below 70%.

I think the temperature actually went down into the high 60's.

I view all of this with great caution though, as I know from past experience that here in Florida it could feel like August again next week and stay that way well into October.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 4:44pm
It's nasty out there! Cold and rainy. 52 degrees
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 6:08pm
Expecting a high of 80, then the bottom falls out.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:05pm
October 1st and it feels like August!  A balmy 74 degrees with some showers.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:14pm
I really want to slap around anyone who doesn't believe in 'global warming'.
It will be 90 or above, and muggy, all week.
And yes, it is 10/1/19.
I so badly want to head back wayyyy up north to The Den, where it should better WolfWeather.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 6:13pm
It's still too hot in here! That's OK.  Once we have to use some artificial source for heat, then the bill goes up.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's still too hot in here! That's OK.  Once we have to use some artificial source for heat, then the bill goes up.

The humidity has been going up and down like a yo-yo around here lately.

Sometimes it doesn't feel too bad, then a few hours later it feels higher.

Still not as bad as July and August, plus we've been having pretty steady breezes which helps a lot.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 4:37pm
Pretty darned nice the next few days...But! AND IT'S A BIG BUTT!  By the weekend!  BRRRRRSKI!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:37pm
Raining like hell around here today.

At least the heat and humidity are back down.

Supposed to get nice by Friday, thank God.

Mid-upper 80's daytime, high 60's at night.

Hopefully that means lower dew point, too.

About time.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:27am
Six inches of rain in 2 days.  Been waiting for it to see if the pool still leaks (it doesn't Thumbs Up ), so the last grout job worked...  Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:20pm
^  OK, Mr. In Ground pool! Wink How much are your property taxes?

Rain?  From the flooding in the Spring that took out the irrigation pump, to the water line repair that took out a sprinkler head.

Green Bay sets wettest year record ... in October

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - It's officially the wettest year of all time in Green Bay.

Severe flooding closed Monroe Road at Highway 172 on Sept. 11, 2019 (WBAY file photo)

The National Weather Service says Green Bay broke the yearly precipitation record on Oct. 1.

At 3 p.m., the National Weather Service reported Green Bay had measured 0.55 inches of rain. That's enough to bring the year's precipitation total to 39.23 inches. That breaks 2018's record of 39.21 inches.

StormCenter 2 meteorologist David Ernst reported on Sept. 29 that the record would likely fall this week.

There's no rest from the rain. Several counties are under a FLASH FLOOD WATCH through Wednesday morning. Areas under the watch could see rainfall totals between 1 and 3 inches.

"Increasing northeast winds over the waters of Green Bay could cause water to back up on the Fox, East and Suamico Rivers, and on Duck Creek. Residents in these areas should be alert for flooding, mainly tonight into Wednesday morning," says the National Weather Service.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:06pm
Crappy with showers but still kinda warm at 64 degrees.  That's about to change real fast!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:36pm
The summer weather pattern seems to finally be on it's way out for the rest of the year and until next year. This weekend the temps are forecast to be in the mid to upper 80's with much lower humidity. That's the kind of weather that makes me want to get outside and go do stuff. I pretty much stay home between June and October because it's so miserable outside. This is the time I wait and live for all summer. 

Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:55pm
Down 12 degrees in 50 minutes.  Maybe I should give the furnace a test run.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 6:17pm
It feels like winter here! The low was 33 degrees this morning.

I have the space heater running here in the living room, the furnace is set at 66.

I'm not quite ready to start burning wood.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It feels like winter here! The low was 33 degrees this morning.

I have the space heater running here in the living room, the furnace is set at 66.

I'm not quite ready to start burning wood.

It's currently 88 degrees here. With the heat index it feels like 91. Thumbs Down ðŸ˜“

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 175>
  Share Topic