Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

A crappy, cloudy 50 degrees with rain moving in. The TV in our bedroom is taking a crap.

Wow, you must've really gotten your money's worth out of that old 90's era CRT style TV.

FYI - flat screen digital TV's are cheap as hell nowadays.

Especially the smaller ones...

Just sayin'...
It doesn't matter much back there. I can't see the damned screen without my glasses anyway.

If I'm having trouble sleeping, I can still listen to see what's going on.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:12pm
Probably the warmest day of the season so far.  They are predicting a high of 82 degrees.

I already have some windows open with a fan running.  I may get to test the A/C later on.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 4:48pm
Heading into the 90's today and upper 90's in the coming days.

Gonna be hot as f**k around here soon....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:22am
Heavy rain yesterday afternoon and evening, I have more gutter work to do.  I hate ladders! 
1.67 inches. The sump pump was running every 80 seconds, I never did find any deep sleep.

The pipe runs along the floor joists, it causes a pretty good 'thump' when it shuts off and the check valve closes.
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:18pm
It has been in the mid and upper 90s here this week.
Back from the dead...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:27pm
Same here.

Every cool cat knows to stay in front of the fan....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:11pm
I guess the kitty cats get too warm too.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:54pm

I guess the kitty cats get too warm too.

The Stray Cats are reuniting for their 40th anniversary very shortly...looking forward to this.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 4:55pm
Why is there an Ashley Madison ad in the margin of my post?  Hubba Hubba!

Even warmer today, 82.  I've got the fan in the window going full blast, same thing with the ceiling fans.  I should probably change into my shorts.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 6:37am
The predicted high was 82 degrees, we hit 88 late in the afternoon. I hear some rumbles of thunder off in the distance.  Only 57 in Green Bay right now, I'm showing 67 degrees on the back porch.
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 7:02am
Oh it was HOT here in SC these past few days.  I drove my Harley Davidson across the state and back to visit my sister, and I have the sunburn to show for it!
Back from the dead...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 5:28pm
Steve, from Storm Center 2, said we will have a high of 84 degrees today. The A/C is working in my truck!  The central A/C for the house is working too...I don't really need an expensive repair right now.  Cry
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:27am
Currently, it's fair and 111°F (43.9°C) in Fresno CA. USA. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:14pm
After another batch of heavy rain yesterday, it's freaking beautiful today with an expected high of about 70.

Eat your heart out, Jimbo! Wink

We are a couple of cooking fools today!  Mama, made a cake for her friend Jana...Something about "Why doesn't anybody make me a cake?"

And me?  I made another batch of my MEAT soup. 3 days of food for about 10 bucks.

The farting is just a bonus!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 6:34pm

After another batch of heavy rain yesterday, it's freaking beautiful today with an expected high of about 70.

Eat your heart out, Jimbo! Wink

I'd like to see a picture of this Jana person.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:04pm
Scorcher today.

Mid 90's or better with a heat index I'm guessing above 100.

At 5 pm it's finally starting to cool down a bit.

Sun is setting, shade over my house, breeze picking up.

I might actually be able to get up and move around in a little while.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
One more evening with the windows open, we are hearing some thunder with stronger storms expected later this afternoon.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 5:07pm
Ominous skys...Mama was at the market over in Winneconne, she should have beat me home. Of course, she had to take her loser friend back to Oshkosh. I don't even bring it up anymore. It's not easy to piss her off, but talking about Marie is a sure fire way to do it. Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 5:15pm
More heavy rain overnight, at least I don't have to rush out and try to get the irrigation pump running and fix the leak the plumbers caused.  It makes it tough to work the soil and finish the repair of the front lawn.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:44pm
Our weather can be summed up simply as...

(sweat not tears)

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:47am
Heat index was 100+.  Pool was 92.  Got 4 inches of rain, which should lower that a few degrees...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 5:40am
They got the fireworks in in between storms here...enough f*cking rain already!  The sump pump is running every 48 seconds.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 5:32pm
Not as hot today and dryer air is moving in.  There must be some sort of fishing tournament going on today. There were 15 to 20 trucks and trailers parked down at the boat ramp.

I need to take the cover off of the boat, mix up a strong cleaning solution and wash that thing.  The crud that spills out of the gutters (I cleaned a gutter on the other side of the house yesterday) has caused some nasty stains. Some hot water, car wash and a scrub brush.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:02pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 4:43pm
Mama is 'marketing' (can I use that as a verb?)  Much nicer weather today, only 69 degrees right now with a dew point of only 52.  REALLY NICE!  I did get another gutter cleaned...I HATE LADDERS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 175>
  Share Topic