Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 3:53pm
I think now might be a good time for aka ron and the missus to pack up the truck and head south for a few days.

Maybe find a decent hotel down around the Gulf Coast to stay in for a few days.

'Historic' blizzard may drop up to 2 feet of snow across Central US,
cause 'life-threatening' travel conditions

Just sayin'...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 4:21pm
^^^CryI SO VERY MUCH MISS THAT WEATHER!!! I feel like 'Frosty the SnowWolf', or something...it is 76 and very sunny, here...NOT my natural weather.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think now might be a good time for aka ron and the missus to pack up the truck and head south for a few days.

Maybe find a decent hotel down around the Gulf Coast to stay in for a few days.

'Historic' blizzard may drop up to 2 feet of snow across Central US,
cause 'life-threatening' travel conditions

Just sayin'...
Sounds nice but traveling costs money, it's not going to be that bad here. Nothing like last year!

Published 7:15 a.m. CT April 16, 2018

A SAMPLING OF SNOW TOTALS

Ashwaubenon: 23.7

Green Bay: 24.2

Appleton: 21.2

Fond du Lac: 11.2

Oshkosh: 11.4

Wausau: 20.5

New London: 28.3

Milwaukee: 3.5

Eau Claire: 13

Rhinelander: 18.4

Chippewa Falls: 11

Amherst: 33

Stevens Point: 20.7

Minocqua: 16

Marshfield: 19

Tigerton: 30

Oconto: 29

Ephraim: 25

Scandinavia: 28

Sister Bay: 20.5

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:01pm
Back to winter time mode. It's about 34 and windy as a MoFo! Mama went back to bed.

Heavy, wet, nasty sh*t!!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:19pm
So, my suggestion about heading south for a week or so is sounding pretty good about now, eh?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:53pm
I like getting the exercise, but then I spend the rest of the day...Walking this way!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 7:14pm
You were probably expecting this in response...

Hey, I'm nothing if not predictable.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:49pm
Wow!  Showing 78 degrees on the old mercury thermometer.  I opened some windows and put a fan in the window out here.  Turned off the pilot light in the fireplace in the bedroom.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Wow!  Showing 78 degrees on the old mercury thermometer.  I opened some windows and put a fan in the window out here.  Turned off the pilot light in the fireplace in the bedroom.
Confused Fireplaces have pilot lights? Would this be something between a real fireplace (all that Homey has ever known) and maybe an 'Amish Fireplace' My late father had one of those facing his Barcalounger - it still works, but the logs went outCry  (Wink)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:08pm
A real gas fireplace!  I actually bought it for the last place we lived.  Works out nice to take the chill off for the morning showers.

The pilot light alone makes enough heat to make it feel too warm in weather like this.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:17am

It was 100°F (37.8°C) in Fresno CA. USA just after 4:00pm PDT on 04-25-19.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

It was 100°F (37.8°C) in Fresno CA. USA just after 4:00pm PDT on 04-25-19.

Holy sh*t, Angry S.  Did you move to Fresno?

It's cold, cloudy and just nasty here today.  People south of here are getting some of that nasty 4 letter word.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused Fireplaces have pilot lights? Would this be something between a real fireplace (all that Homey has ever known) and maybe an 'Amish Fireplace' My late father had one of those facing his Barcalounger - it still works, but the logs went outCry  (Wink)
I don't want to brag, I don't want to boast.

I like toast-y!

The oak cabinet goes good with our distressed oak bedroom set.

Mama has some of her cherished items on top of the fireplace.  There's Leah still less than a year old, front and center!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 6:00pm
We've been having truly incredible weather around here this spring.

Almost May and the overnight temps are still in the 50's and 60's, with daytime highs in the 70's and 80's with low humidity.

Some years it stays mostly comfortable well into June, which is what I'm hoping for this year of course.

Add to that a relatively early cool down around early October and I will chalk 2019 up as a year to remember.

HAPPILY remember, that is.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:01pm

We've been having truly incredible weather around here this spring.

Almost May and the overnight temps are still in the 50's and 60's, with daytime highs in the 70's and 80's with low humidity.

Some years it stays mostly comfortable well into June, which is what I'm hoping for this year of course.

Add to that a relatively early cool down around early October and I will chalk 2019 up as a year to remember.

HAPPILY remember, that is.

As long as I was a resident of Tampa, we had VERY few days like that - sweating was the name of the game - and that is why I no longer come any further south than I currently am...and I REALLY want to go 'Home' in the GreatWhiteNorth...but it is exactly as you say HERE and NOW, with subtle breezes blowing in through the windows. The kind of day one should race for the mountains or meadows, find a nice safe clearing, spread out a blanket and go to sleep with a capped large jug of lemon water and ice.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:18pm

As long as I was a resident of Tampa, we had VERY few days like that - sweating was the name of the game - and that is why I no longer come any further south than I currently am...

I really can't comment with any authority on the weather in Tampa, as I've never spent an extended amount of time there, other than day trips and overnight once or twice.

But I would imagine its close proximity to that big, warm bathtub called The Gulf of Mexico creates a lot of hot, humid and breezeless days during the late spring, summer and early fall.

Being closer to the Atlantic Ocean than the gulf, we at least get a nice afternoon breeze here during most of the summer.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:52pm

As long as I was a resident of Tampa, we had VERY few days like that - sweating was the name of the game - and that is why I no longer come any further south than I currently am...

I really can't comment with any authority on the weather in Tampa, as I've never spent an extended amount of time there, other than day trips and overnight once or twice.

But I would imagine its close proximity to that big, warm bathtub called The Gulf of Mexico creates a lot of hot, humid and breezeless days during the late spring, summer and early fall.

Being closer to the Atlantic Ocean than the gulf, we at least get a nice afternoon breeze here during most of the summer.
I used to equate living next to the Gulf of Mexico to a backed-up, filthy/nasty toilet that has been slowly spilling onto a rotten floor. Spent ten drunk years there - it just was an area I couldn't appreciate and I've always felt (even though a LOT was accomplished and the AfgyLad was born there) those were somewhat wasted years and I was ecstatic when we got the chance to move  away...and, not to take away from Tampa or the fine Tampons, for us-especially me? It was change for the better.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:22pm
Not too freaking nice today, a cold and cloudy 44 degrees. The normal high is about 61 for this date.

More rain coming too!

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:00pm

Holy sh*t, Angry S.  Did you move to Fresno?

Yup, I moved to Fresno around the middle of January this year.
That 100°F (37.8°C) temp that we had is unseasonably warm for Fresno.
Up in Shelton WA. where I used to live we wouldn't see temperatures like that until mid-July or so. Shocked

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:16pm
I took a walk around the house on my crutches this morning looking for the water leak, what I saw was a messy yard that needed work.  I got the gas blower running and talked Mama into blowing the leaves out of the beds around the house.  I also got the tractor running so I could chop up said leaves.  I was cutting grass too!  We are expecting a lot of rain starting tomorrow morning.  I'm glad we got a few things done outside. Thanks, Mama!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 5:05pm
A crappy, cloudy 50 degrees with rain moving in. The TV in our bedroom is taking a crap.

The Maple trees seem to think it's Spring, the leaves are really popping now.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:09pm
Really nice here today, Mama has been spraying weeds with Round Up.  I told her about the proper way to handle pesticides!  This is how your lawn looks if you don't care about weeds.

I looked at the dandelion plants earlier, the leaves are shriveling up.  Thumbs Up

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:05pm
It's been cold and rainy here the last 3 days. It's clear today but still cool, about 50 when I mowed the grass with a brisk wind out of the north.  Things are looking a little better though!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:54pm

A crappy, cloudy 50 degrees with rain moving in. The TV in our bedroom is taking a crap.

Wow, you must've really gotten your money's worth out of that old 90's era CRT style TV.

FYI - flat screen digital TV's are cheap as hell nowadays.

Especially the smaller ones...

Just sayin'...

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:59pm

Really nice here today, Mama has been spraying weeds with Round Up.  I told her about the proper way to handle pesticides!  This is how your lawn looks if you don't care about weeds.

Damn. I wish my lawn looked that good in early spring weed blooming season.

Those are pretty little flowers compared to the gnarly, monster stalks that start sprouting up in my yard around March!!!

If all I had were those nice little yellow, spring meadow type flowers, I'd leave them like that as long as possible!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 175>
  Share Topic