Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 8:48am
Hazy, hot and humid.  It cools down by the end of the week and the weekend, but of course, it's then going to rain.  Been like that all summer.  Maybe 3 really nice days.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hazy, hot and humid.  It cools down by the end of the week and the weekend, but of course, it's then going to rain.  Been like that all summer.  Maybe 3 really nice days.

Have you ever considered moving to northern California?

Or what's left of it, anyway....

I hear the weather isn't too bad out there.

When it's not on fire, that is.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:48pm
The cold front has pushed through with a dramatic drop in the temperatures and humidity. We could go from using the A/C yesterday to runnIng the furnace tomorrow morning.  Brrrski!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The cold front has pushed through with a dramatic drop in the temperatures and humidity. We could go from using the A/C yesterday to runnIng the furnace tomorrow morning.  Brrrski!

Dam.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 6:24pm
^ That's a really old picture, Jimbo.

Water levels at the dam are at historic lows.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 7:30pm

^ That's a really old picture, Jimbo.

Water levels at the dam are at historic lows.

Double dam.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Have you ever considered moving back to northern California?

There, fixed that for ya, Jimbo.

If Thor makes a move to the left coast, I hope he comes to SoCal.  I would love to hang out with Thor!  Big smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 11:11pm
I never had to really deal with any of the fires.  During one fire, the sky was smokey for a day or two.  But that was about it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 5:01pm
There was some storm damage just south of here, several F1 tornados were confirmed by the NWS.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:22pm
Well, it's not Autumn yet but labor day is the unofficial end of summer. It's been warm and rainy here all weekend.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:51pm
Thank God August is over!!!

It's actually been relatively comfortable around here the last couple of days.

One thing about late summer down here is that, even though it's hot, at least it starts getting breezy. The heat is not as bad when there's a nice breeze blowing.

I love breezy days, too.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:27pm
Hello Gordon! Unhappy
Poiuyt Power!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:26am
My sinuses told me that Gordon was coming 3 days before it formed (though I wasn't "listening" ;-)
Still, got the yard mowed between rain bands...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 10:38am
Copious amounts of rain fell overnight, I'm starting to get concerned.  The sump pump is running every 60 seconds or so.  I need to crank up the boat lift a few more inches.  The last major flood was back in 2008, the water was up over the dock.  Before we moved in here, according to the neighbors, there was water in the back yards in 2004.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:12pm
The ground was too wet to mow, I had to mow because it's going to rain again tonight.  Where the grass is thin, the tires bring up the mud.

I put a rope on the boat, it has ropes but they are under the cover. The lift only goes up so high. The water is over the seawall at Scott park uptown, that's where Mama has her space at the farmers market.

I was trying to find a song that describes how it feels outside.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:23pm
Quite a bit more rain here overnight and this morning.  I expect once it all runs off into the river, it will be worse than 2008.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

If Thor makes a move to the left coast, I hope he comes to SoCal.  I would love to hang out with Thor!  Big smile
LOLLOL

There ya go, Thor! You have friends on the west coast!  I would fly out there just to meet DRS!

If it weren't for that faithful husband thing. Evil Smile

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 12:07am

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

LOLLOL

There ya go, Thor! You have friends on the west coast!  I would fly out there just to meet DRS!

If it weren't for that faithful husband thing. Evil Smile

Thor is ignoring me.  Unhappy  Aw, you're sweet, aka ron!  Big smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 6:10pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:03pm
Jimbo, may envy our forecast today. We don't need to sit around here naked.

And it's windy, too!  Don't even need the fans!  I need to compare the utility bill to last month, the A/C ran a lot but the bill isn't too bad.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:12pm
^  No need for him to envy that forecast.  That's probably what he'll have all winter...whereas we get to enjoy blizzards and wind-chill factors below zero.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:49pm
Soooooooooooooooo TRUE!!!!!

And Thor, you might even get to experience the joy of a hurricane in a few days....

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:51am
Oh, he'll have lots of fun at the store when the panic starts and everybody comes in to clean out the shelves...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:15pm
Looks like it (Florence) is heading for the Carolina's.  It's been beautiful here, cool dry air.  It's kinda tough to tell by this picture. The water is up over the dock.  I was just checking the tools and supplies we will need to paint the deck, looks like the dock will be a week or so down the road.  I have almost a full gallon of paint here, it's been in the garage since the last time I painted the deck.  Is it still good?  It's cold out there in the garage, did it freeze?  Does it even matter?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:01am

Soooooooooooooooo TRUE!!!!!

And Thor, you might even get to experience the joy of a hurricane in a few days....

Before home ownership was involved and damages were a landlord's concern, I used to love such weather.  Just one of the advantages of being a renter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 175>
  Share Topic