Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:43am
There were spots of sun later on in the day but I was so pissed about YouTube I didn't pay close attention. Sad. Probably gonna have mow the lawn soon.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:49pm
A dry-as-a-bone 90 (!!!) with nary a cloud in the sky and a pleasant breeze.

When I'm in charge this kind of weather will be permanent. Cool
I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Spring has finally arrived in the upper mid-west. A very pleasant 71 degrees, the lawn is starting to turn green. Neighbor Jeff even has his mower out. His lawn ALWAYS greens up faster.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

When I'm in charge this kind of weather will be permanent.  Cool

90° is a bit TOO toasty, innit?

Even with low humidity...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:05pm
Beautiful day out went to Denny's for breakfast with my parents. At DSW for mom after that I go to Toys R Us in West Hartford. Just heard the most hipsterest version of Young Bloods'"Try To Love One Another Right Now" by some lady who can't sing without some electronic backup complete with happy snaps. Before in Denny's I heard a poor electronic rendition of Aerosmith's "Fly Like An Eagle" gotta go, batteries low!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

When I'm in charge this kind of weather will be permanent.  Cool

90° is a bit TOO toasty, innit?

Even with low humidity...

In the past I would have thought that.  But after the start to "spring" we had, along with the really rotten/subzero stretches of winter before that, anything above the 50s feels great.  

I don't know how long this tolerance will last.  Probably until June when it's like your weather on a daily basis here.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 12:04am

In the past I would have thought that.  But after the start to "spring" we had, along with the really rotten/subzero stretches of winter before that, anything above the 50s feels great.  

I don't know how long this tolerance will last.  Probably until June when it's like your weather on a daily basis here.

I am really surprised to hear that your summers get like ours.

Probably less rain and a couple of months shorter though.

Sometimes we get that heat & humidity for six months or more.

Through October and even into November on occasion.

Kinda ruins the old holiday spirit.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 3:40pm
We should hit 80 degrees for the first time since late September of last year. I opened some windows up early, trying to move that cooler air through the house.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:54am
Expecting rain and thunderstorms today, I don't where NBC is getting this 'tornado threat' from. All our local channels say 'severe thunderstorms' nothing about twisters!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:34pm
A very pleasant day in the aka neighborhood. Windows open, fresh air. 69 degrees.
 I'll apply the Weed-B-Gone tomorrow.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:53pm
I envy your forecast, we've got rain pretty much all week

Holy f tornado/hook echo near Windsor Locks!

It's gonna rain all weekend bleugh! We made it through the storm okay other places not so much. Wind damage in other areas! some people say 4 tornadoes touched down! There was flooding near the Torrington Towers! Crazy!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:19pm
Warm and humid!  It was too hot in here last night, I don't sleep well when I'm hot and sweaty.  I'll see if the A/C works a little later on, it's supposed to be even warmer today.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:36am
I finally mowed the entire lawn today. I hemmed and hawed until I figured " it lets do this!" And got it done! I took breaks in between. It looks great! Wasn't too hot. We're gonna get baked tomorrow supposed to be 83! Weekend looks decent.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:12pm
Spring has sprung, fall has fell. Summer is here and it's hotter than usual! Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:21pm
Been pretty rainy around here.

I'm hoping this means the rainy season has not only arrived early, but will depart early as well.

I like it dry by the time August and September get here.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:22pm
We have our first tropical storm of the season. Alberto is in the Caribbean Sea off Mexico, current forecasts have it hitting Mississippi by Monday.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:14am
Low 80s today. Thumbs Up

Then maybe 90 tomorrow. Clap

Then, because we are required by law to have at least one day per week where it rains and struggles to get out of the 50s, Sunday will feature a 30+ degree drop.  Can't wait to be picking up pieces of my sinuses all over the county....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:20pm
We are bound to break the record high temp for this date, lower 90s.  Global Warming, Flobees Swarming!

Thank God for central air!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:37am
Nice day yesterday.  Went to a barbecue.  On the way out of rural Blairstown, right in the road was a baby deer.  I'm guessing it was just a few days old.  Tiny little thing, very wobbly on its feet.  Off to the side, I saw two more.  Then, the mother.  The fawns wobbled to their mom, and then further away from the road.

This wasn't it, but they were about this big:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

We are bound to break the record high temp for this date, lower 90s.  Global Warming, Flobees Swarming!

Thank God for central air!

Until it breaks down and you have to pay a fortune to have it repaired!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 5:15pm
^ True.  I guess it's the price you have to pay if you want a nice home, yard and peace and quiet.

I don't see how you do it, Jimbo. I guess the body can get used to hot weather with no relief.

In my most recent place in Indiana, I closed off a portion of the house just to keep it cool with a window air conditioner.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ True.  I guess it's the price you have to pay if you want a nice home, yard and peace and quiet.

I don't see how you do it, Jimbo. I guess the body can get used to hot weather with no relief.

In my most recent place in Indiana, I closed off a portion of the house just to keep it cool with a window air conditioner.

You never really get used to the heat and humidity, especially the humidity. But my desire to not see several hundred dollars a year of my money go to the utility company overrides my desire for comfort.

So during the summer I dress very lightly, sometimes not at all for days at a time, and keep the air moving with fans going and least one blowing directly on me at all times.

Plus, given that it's just me living here with no wife or kids (especially girl kids) whose comfort I'd need to consider, I can rough it guilt free.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:31pm
Nothing but a dull grey day with light rain. 61-65°F bored outta my skull!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 11:21am
The high yesterday in Green Bay was 97 degrees, the highest temperature recorded in over 6 years. 9 degrees over the record high for this date.  Even for you people in the south, THAT'S HOT!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:15pm
Wow!!!

It rarely gets that hot down here during the hottest part of the summer, in terms of actual temperature.

If you count the "heat index" or "feels like" temperature, that number is often over 100.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 175>
  Share Topic