Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Got maybe a foot and a half of snow today.  Shoveled three times.  The last time was to get rid of the 2 feet of compacted snow that the plows piled up at the foot of the driveway since the last time we'd shoveled.

This is getting old.  Looks pretty out there, though.

That's a lot of snow!  At least you weren't stranded on the highway.
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 2:32pm
I can't really tell but I think we got something like a foot of the evil stuff...and my part of the state probably just dodged bullets in terms of wind/snow/power outages.  

Checking the extended forecast it looks like we might get another storm sometime Monday and we're about two weeks away from some sort of warmup towards quasi-seasonable temps...and all this after a stretch at the end of February that could have very easily passed for the end of March.  

I have fully decided that I can never understand 'winter people'.  If they even exist.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:24pm
Phew! I am EXHAUSTED! I shoveled the rest of the driveway with my dad I started at the front and worked my way back to the garage once I focused doing it it went by really fast! When we were pretty much finished doing it Dora The Explorer's song "We Did It!" Was playing in my head LOL!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 5:11am
^^  I'm sorry to see that southeastern New England is in the crosshairs again, Ad N...more wild weather,  more snow is predicted to be on the way....yet another Nor'easter.  With a "blizzard" thrown for good measure this time!  From the NWS for Cape Cod:  

[SUMMARY] 

Potent snow storm, potential blizzard Monday night → Tuesday; heavy snow w/ @ 6-12" accum, strong to damaging winds w/ gusts up to 60 mph, coastal & marine hazards & impacts; impacts to the Tuesday AM commute; potential for difficult, near-impossible travel

WINTER STORM WATCH EXPANDED ...
Heavy snow, potential blizzard; Monday Night → Tuesday; forecast @ 6-12"; 1-3"/hr snowfall rates possible + high winds, near impossible travel conditions around Tuesday AM commute w/ white-out conditions forecast

CapeCat
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:15pm

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:21pm
I have to say, I'm glad I live on the western part of the state! 3-8" I can handle!

Update: oh FFS! Damn it! 6-12" of the white sh*t! Make up your damn minds you stupid weather people! Hell, you might as well give up on predicting weather! Altogether! Hell I might as well just hibernate the whole entire winter until spring gets here! No wonder bears hibernate, it's downright dreary. God! I might as well give up on watching the damn weather segment because I always get depression, frustration, and anger just by watching it! GAAAAAH! Puhleeze no more white stuff! I can't handle it anymore!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
Hopefully, you people getting heavy snow can cancel appointments and appearances and just stay home and safe.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 3:57pm
^Thanks, aka...we are staying home and off the roads, as public safety directs us...all of the state's official offices, all schools and most businesses are closed - the winds are wild and the snow (looks like about 6 inches so far out there) is heavy as cement and blowing in sideways.  A neighbor's tree crashed down on our fence out back - sliced right through it like a knife.  Wind gust of 88 mph reported just south of my town...We've been losing power and the internet from time to time but the generator kicks on whenever it's needed, so we are fine.  NWS is still forecasting 18-20 inches of snow by the end of the storm.  I have a  feeling that tomorrow may be a "snow day" as well, if this dirty weather doesn't get out of here soon.  Ouch   
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

^Thanks, aka...we are staying home and off the roads, as public safety directs us...all of the state's official offices, all schools and most businesses are closed - the winds are wild and the snow (looks like about 6 inches so far out there) is heavy as cement and blowing in sideways.  A neighbor's tree crashed down on our fence out back - sliced right through it like a knife.  Wind gust of 88 mph reported just south of my town...We've been losing power and the internet from time to time but the generator kicks on whenever it's needed, so we are fine.  NWS is still forecasting 18-20 inches of snow by the end of the storm.  I have a  feeling that tomorrow may be a "snow day" as well, if this dirty weather doesn't get out of here soon.  Ouch   
That's some wicked wind, a price you pay for being 'out in the ocean' like that. Are we going to see you and your neighbor on The Peoples Court or Judge Judy?

Their insurance should pay even if it is 'mother nature'. I'm almost jealous because our winter has been so calm.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:33pm
Well after going somewhere my parents picked me up for breakfast. It was snowing like crazy. Finished breakfast. Went back home. My dad shoveled. Oddly enough l, minutes later it stopped snowing! I'm gonna go out later and finish the job. My therapist probably cancelled due to the storm. Update: I shoveled pretty much everything except the passenger sides of the cars. I am EXHAUSTED!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
LOLLOL Aw, no, the insurance adjusters are going to have to battle it out.  I don't want to get into any arguments with neighbors...(even if they didn't ever check their trees or do proper pruning over the years, and even though their tree fell on my fence instead of onto their above-ground pool, grrrr!!! AngryAngry Hah, only kidding...no, not really...) 
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 6:15pm
^LOL

I love that docile 'love to hate' attitude.  We ahve to stand up for our beliefs.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:02pm
Winter Storm Ferris must have taken a day off in my area, har har har...sigh.

Only about 4-5 inches, most of that in the morning.  Considering that we were supposed to have 2-3 times that much, I suppose I'll take it.  I'd very much appreciate if this were the end of this little 'phase' March is having but that's like hoping for the sun to stop shining, really.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:35am
Hey - down in The Swamp, we got HAMMERED! Probably 4-6 inches in 4 hours, then it got cold...then it warmed up and everything is flooded now. In the NE, at Afgy's 'Safe House' they have almost no snow.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:09pm
Partly cloudy with some sunshine and NO SNOW!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:42am
The first day of Spring! Over 12 hours of daylight! It's still cold!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:21pm
Today 29° with mainly sunny skies!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:36pm
oh look, yet another nor'easter on the way.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:03pm
^LOL

I'm annoyed, but not quite that bad. Mama, is baby sitting with Henry today.

The grandkids will be our responsibility this weekend, I'm not sure how this is all going to work out.  Daytime here, night time at their home.  My wife is very generous with her time, I DO understand.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:35pm
Severe weather - thunderstorm - tornado warnings for the area coming on TV every five or ten minutes.

Hope they stay away from here!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:39pm
Yeah I heard about the tornado warning in the Orlando area, stay safe, Jimbo!

Yep, another nor'easter on the way good news everything's canceled, bad news gonna have to shovel! Again!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:08pm
If I may steal a line from the adholes at Geico...Surprising?  It's surprising that they a racing in Martinsville as I type this.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 3:55am
A not so nice Spring storm is moving in, could get anywhere from 5 to 12 inches of snow by Wednesday morning.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 6:10am
Ol Mr Winter is really hanging on this year, isn't he?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Ol Mr Winter is really hanging on this year, isn't he?

Old Man Winter NEVER gives up without a fight! Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 175>
  Share Topic