Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:03pm

Clear, sunny skies.

Light breeze.

No humidity.

Nice.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:34pm
Another stretch of really mild weather for late January.

Global Warming? Climate Change?
Green Bay is 10 inches under last year's snowfall at this time, 17 inches. We've gotten much less snow here. This is great for the utility bill and it's so easy to heat the house when it's not below zero.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:44pm
Typical January yo-yo weather here.

Warm and mild for a few days, then frigid and cold for a few days.

Rinse and repeat until around March or so.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
The house was 75 degrees when I was up at 10pm, I let the fire go out so I could clean out the ashes.

At 2am it was still above freezing outside...fast forward 5 hours and it's 1 degree below zero.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:20pm
WE GOT MORE THAN TWO MEASLEY INCHES! 3-5 inches is more like it! Had to clear off both cars and shovel the stoop, the steps, and the driveway. Hard work, but got it done!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:47pm
Kind of on the warmish side today, but pleasant.

Partly cloudy.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:57pm
Expecting 3 to 5 inches of the white stuff, I've been out driving in it.

I picked up another truck load of firewood. There is a secure feeling with a ton of bulk weight in the bed.

Traction is very good, even with my worn front tires. I'll move those tires to the back when the need for wood is gone for the year. New tires for the truck will be expensive.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:06pm
Today is my birthday, and it's the dead of winter (day after Groundhog(s) Day).  Right now it's like a beautiful perfect summer's day, 76 degrees and clear, high being 76, low 55 where I live in SoCal.  I never post in this thread because of our great weather and I don't want to brag.  But maybe I will start letting you folks know what great weather awaits you if only you will come visit or even move to California!  (Southern, that is.  That's the part of the state where we don't say "hella"!)

At least I will up my post count, and further annoy those who already have me on their s-list.

Cool  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:13pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

DRS

How old are you?   Yeah, that's me. Going where no man has gone before. Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:53pm
"You should never ask an older woman her age"

I know, just by the music you like and how you speak about history that you are in our 'over 50 club'.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm old, dammit. I turned 59 in January, Mama is one year and one day younger than I am. I'm not ashamed, I'm celebrating!

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:18pm
Thanks for the HB wishes, aka ron!

I'm 39.  Again.

Just kidding...

I'm 49 (again).

Tongue  Big smile  LOL

Yes, I am celebrating because the alternative is Dead and I'm lucky to be alive.  Heart
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Today is my birthday, and it's the dead of winter (day after Groundhog(s) Day).  Right now it's like a beautiful perfect summer's day, 76 degrees and clear, high being 76, low 55 where I live in SoCal.  I never post in this thread because of our great weather and I don't want to brag.  But maybe I will start letting you folks know what great weather awaits you if only you will come visit or even move to California!  (Southern, that is.  That's the part of the state where we don't say "hella"!)

At least I will up my post count, and further annoy those who already have me on their s-list.

Cool  

Happy Birthday, DRS!

And don't worry about bragging.  I always did it when I lived outside of Sacramento.  It was always hella nice there.  Even the winters were mild and brief.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:05pm
Happy birthday, DRS!  I'll admit to envying your weather. Wink

Though really...I haven't really 'noticed' the weather over the past few weeks.  At this time of year that's a great thing.  I can tolerate mid-30ish temps and snow.  It's a hell of a lot better than what we had to deal with for two weeks following Christmas, anyway.
I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:17am
I'm hoping the worst of winter is over, it's only mid February. We could have some messy weather next week.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm
Mid to upper 80's during the day, mid to upper 60's at night here, for the foreseeable future.

Mostly dry and sunny, occasional shower might drift past like it did yesterday.

Another hot, nasty summer will be here soon enough.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm
^ Sounds nice, I'm feeling kinda jelly right now.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:05pm
Was pretty mild out here. Windy and semi cold this morning got much warmer later on in the afternoon. Probably the 40s. Felt like spring for once! However there's a storm coming in the middle of the weekend. Could be plowable, shovelable snow. Could be nothing. Depends on the storm track. I'm hoping for nothing.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:37pm
It's official, we're getting at least 3-5 inches of snow! ! I don't want to shovel! I'm tired of shoveling! I want spring!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 8:16pm
Feels like early summer down here.

Mid 80's during day, upper 60's at night.

If this means we're in for an extended hot season this year, I hope it also portends an early cool down this coming fall.

I go through this same exercise in futility every year.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:16pm
Gonna snow tonight, but by Thursday---low 70s!  What the hell???

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

It's official, we're getting at least 3-5 inches of snow! ! I don't want to shovel! I'm tired of shoveling! I want spring!

Our weather guy said that the recent warmer temps will limit the amount of accumulation on the roads.  Besides, it's supposed to reach 47 here tomorrow, so that'll melt a lot of whatever accumulates.

Right now, it's snowing, but it's not sticking to the street.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 7:33pm
I'm a little worried about the forecast, we can deal with heavy snowfall.

We had some hellacious ice storms in Indiana, power lines and trees down over a huge area.

It's very rare this far north. Mama has to sit with Henry on Monday and Tuesday.  Ice can make it really difficult to drive.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Our weather guy said that the recent warmer temps will limit the amount of accumulation on the roads.  Besides, it's supposed to reach 47 here tomorrow, so that'll melt a lot of whatever accumulates.

Right now, it's snowing, but it's not sticking to the street.

It wasn't too bad! I shoveled the steps, pretty much most of the driveway and out into the street! Then my mom told me to stop. I did. I then cleared my dad's 1997 Mercury Cougar to go to breakfast. AC's was crowded so we went to George's which wasn't disappointing at all. then we went to Target to buy groceries I got a bunch of Hot Wheels two of which were my favorites the red and yellow 1968 Champion Cougar and the white Custom Maverick from The Fast and Furious series! Then we went home, I started immediately uncovering the steps and dad started on the end of the driveway, uncovered mom's car, we then finished at the top of the driveway.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
You're about 30, right?

Nothing much happening here yet. I did buy some gas for the generator and started it. Bought a bag of ice and a cheap flashlight. Tested the camping lantern. I have about 3 days of wood left, it will last longer because it's so mild.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:15pm
It's still like late spring/early summer down here.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 175>
  Share Topic