Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 1:11pm
T.G.I.O. (Thank Goodness It's October!)
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 1:16pm
Yeah.

Now if only the weather would begin to reflect which month it is.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
Holy moley is that SUNLIGHT I see????
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:25pm
It's damned nice here today...the predicted high is 66 degrees.

I put some Sta-Bil in the boat's fuel tank, ran it long enough to get some up to the carburator.

The tarp I use to cover the boat was in pieces this spring, I need to go to Menards anyway to check on a pellet basket and some pellets. I have read that people do burn wood pellets in their wood burning stoves.
I need to see how well it produces heat, how easy it is to add fuel or not.

I know I will have to buy some of the regular Oak firewood I usually do, for the dead of winter.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:59pm
Wow.

Summer weather is really hanging on around here this year.

It's still in the 90's with high humidity which creates a high heat index.

Apparently, the warm, moist air is coming from the southeast.

Supposedly it's supposed to be out of here soon, but we've still got a few days heat, humidity and some more rain coming up.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:45pm
Cool enough here this morning that I had to run my little space heater.  That and remind Mama to close the windows, both panes of glass, when she goes to bed.

I bought a tarp and I just put that on, tied it down. Hell no they didn't have a pellet basket. I wonder if I can make one.  The ones I found online are too expensive.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:05pm
64 degrees before noon on October 11.

I don't know how I've managed to stand this for so long! Shocked
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Cool enough here this morning that I had to run my little space heater.  That and remind Mama to close the windows, both panes of glass, when she goes to bed.

I bought a tarp and I just put that on, tied it down. Hell no they didn't have a pellet basket. I wonder if I can make one.  The ones I found online are too expensive.

Pick up a couple of sheets of expanded metal at Lowe's in the window supply section. Might need three or four.

Cut them to size with metal shears then bolt them together with L shaped brackets.

Probably end up costing you just about as much as buying one.

Maybe a sheet of galvanized stucco lath...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:31pm
^ That's good thinking, Jimbo.  I may take the grate from the gas grill, (I don't cook with it anymore) cut it in half and bolt the two pieces together face to face. That would make the openings half as big.

I found this example of your suggestion online.  I would want to use a pretty heavy gauge mesh.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:09pm
The weather has been very pleasant all week. Above normal temperatures.

It makes me hurt but I got out and finished (sort of) trimming the bushes around the house.
Did some trimming with the weedeater too.  That's the way I do stuff inside too, a little bit at a time.

Mama made a list of stuff she wanted at the grocery too. It's best to keep her happy, the boss with benefits. Tongue
I bought a big ole ass steak rump roast and it's in the crock pot now, it smells heavenly!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:26pm
The weather around here is slowly beginning to improve and feel more like October should feel.

By Florida standards anyway.

Temp is down a bit, humidity is noticeably lower. Still have some rain in the forecast, but it should be ending by early next week.

Temp at daybreak was about 70° this morning. Not bad, especially with the drier air.

We should start dipping into the 60's overnight soon.

Thank God.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
Another near record high temp for this date, I have 70.  The normal high is 55 degrees.

We have not even had a hard frost yet, the leaves are still falling. I'll be out there chopping them up every other day or so. It's windy and we expecting some rain tonight, that will knock down even more leaves.

Notice the length of the shadow the chimney is casting, this was taken at 12:00 noon.
That's how low in the sky the sun is here in the upper latitudes.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:26pm
It was in the 50s this morning had to put on a jacket.Me and my family went to breakfast got a good seat next to a window. Saw a bright blue sky and good view of the street! I'm a home at this point. Now the clouds are moving in!

Update:

now it's all grey out!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm

Notice the length of the shadow the chimney is casting, this was taken at 12:00 noon.

Nice!!!!   

That pic really captures the feeling of what I remember fall was like up north.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Nice!!!!   

It's been 17 years since I left Michigan and moved to Florida, and one of the few things I miss are the fall colors, topped off with a visit to a cider mill. Cry On the other hand there are lots of things I can do here in the south that I cannot do up north, such as my church's Fall Family Festival, which will take place next Saturday. There will be lots of food to eat, hay rides and for the kids there's "Trunk or Treat" where the kids go from car to car to get their treats. Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Nice!!!!   

It's been 17 years since I left Michigan and moved to Florida, and one of the few things I miss are the fall colors, topped off with a visit to a cider mill. Cry On the other hand there are lots of things I can do here in the south that I cannot do up north, such as my church's Fall Family Festival, which will take place next Saturday. There will be lots of food to eat, hay rides and for the kids there's "Trunk or Treat" where the kids go from car to car to get their treats. Thumbs Up
Your church lets the children do that?!?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:13pm

I think I've heard of that.

One lucky "special" kid ends up being taken away in the trunk of a car and never heard from again, right?

I think Thor told me about having taken part in something like that before.

Don't think it was associated with a church event, though.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:26pm

One lucky "special" kid ends up being taken away in the trunk of a car and never heard from again, right?

LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:35am
mid-70s again today.  Barely a cloud in the sky.  A few more days like this coming up. Thumbs Up

We are so going to pay for this come winter.....
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:47am
I have a completely stupid, yet strong desire to spend this forthcoming weekend in Thunder Bay. Yea, it's a fun place, but the weather is really going to suck...but did I tell ya it's a fun place?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm

LOL

Trix Trunks are for kids!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 2:42pm
^  Unfortunately, the trunk in my car is made smaller to accommodate the convertible roof.  Thus, I'm lucky if I can get even one child comfortably in there.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Unfortunately, the trunk in my car is made smaller to accommodate the convertible roof.  Thus, I'm lucky if I can get even one child comfortably in there.

"Comfortably"?????

Since when did their comfort become an issue?????

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 4:03pm
More blue skies! Woo Hoo!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"Comfortably"?????

Since when did their comfort become an issue?????

I don't want them to suffocate prematurely.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 175>
  Share Topic