Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:41pm
Well, we had to dig out for 2 hours luckily we had help with a snow blower. It was hard work but got it done!

We were expecting 2 to 4 or more inches today but that thankfully missed us!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:14pm
Welcome to the Spring season in North America.

It's freaking beautiful here, 54 degrees, sunny with a light wind.

SPRING EQUINOX March 20, 6:29 A.M. EDT

Our average normal high for 3/20 is 42.

Average low  24
Record low  -4
Record high  76
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:25pm
It is spectacular here right now.

Current temp is 72° air is crisp and dry.

It's one of those beautiful fall days we get around here every spring.

Forecast for the week:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:07pm
The wife even took a walk, her iPhone has a pedometer. She walked about a mile and a half.

I'm only good for short walks, through Walmart or the grocery store.
I did dig out the elliptical from the pile of stuff in the garage, that doesn't really hurt my hip.
We both need more exercise.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm
The slow and steady warm up begins. We might see some nice weather in about 6 weeks.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 9:25pm
F*ck that forecast, it's cold and rainy.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 9:54pm
It's going to be almost 90° here on Thursday....

Fortunately the humidity has not arrived yet, so the overnight temps should still be in the 60's.

Not looking forward to summer though...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:13pm
I like the hot weather, but 90 right now would be too much, too soon.  70 would be nice, though.

I wouldn't mind the miserable winters here so much if they didn't seem to last a half year plus.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 12:04am
I guess when it comes to the weather, there is no perfect place to live.

The best situation would be to be wealthy enough to move with the weather.

I'd like to spend the winter and spring down here and the summer and fall up in the mountains of North Carolina.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:51pm
Kind of cool and getting cloudy. I saw a lot of guys towing their fishing boats when I was out.

Abandoned boat found in Little Lake Butte Des Morts, crews search for boater

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 6:09pm
Not too bad and getting better.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 6:21pm
Record heat here yesterday @ 95°.

Dropping into the 40's on Saturday morning.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:09pm
Wow!  What a beautiful spring morning in the upper midwest. 58 degrees!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 5:22pm
^^ Same here - finally enjoying a sunny day on Cape Cod after endless weeks of miserable snow, sleet, high winds  and rain. 
    And so...Going outside to work in the yard!LOL
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 6:17pm
I've been outside too, I got all the leaves cleaned up in the dog run.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:05pm
It was 62 here early this morning, a cold front is moving in.  I still have windows open because the house was too warm.  Not bad yet at 52 but we will be back in the 30s with snow flurries Tuesday morning.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 8:34pm
It's still pretty nice here with the low humidity, but that's also what is causing the brush fires.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
Very nice here today, I have 3 windows open.  They test the emergency siren every Saturday at noon during the warmer seasons.  It's pretty loud with the windows open, I don't know if it would wake me out of a sound sleep.

72 degrees right now, I'm wearing shorts for the first time since late September.

There is a chance for some of those heavier storms later tonight.

Date Average
Low
Average
High
Record
Low
Record
High
Average
Precipitation
Average
Snow

Apr 15 34° 54° 14° (1928) 84° (2002) 0.09" 0.1"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:43pm
Neighbor Jeff just mowed his lawn for the first time.  I'm a few days away from that.

I need to pick up any small branches, blow any stray leaves away from the house and roll the yard before I mow. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 6:01pm
Nice again today, the high should be about 62.  I got some more stuff done outside. Big smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm
A little Monday afternoon treat, the race from Bristol Virginessee was rained out yesterday.
It's about to start right now!!  Oh boy!  And it's on broadcast TV, I don't have to watch it on my computer.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 8:13pm
Grey grey grey grey grey grey a smidge of blue then more grey grey grey grey skies! Bleugh I HATE it!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:04pm
It was near 70 degrees 2 days ago, yesterday it was in the mid 30s with snow flurries.  GMAFB!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm
"The Muggies" have arrived in Florida, and they won't leave until the end of September. Enjoy!Disapprove
Poiuyt Power!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 3:03am
Today it was comfy out! Not too hot not too cold. At first! Later on it got so hot I had to take off all of my shirts and turn on the fan and air conditioning. I got a painful stabbing headache that I had to look away from the TV and my tablet! Luckily I took Excedrin and put on a cold compress, so that helped. Other than that it was pretty sunny, oh and the lawn could use a trim.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 175>
  Share Topic