Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:46pm
Snowstorm predicted starting tomorrow night.  Christ, it's nearly mid-March.  Makes life at work extra-hellish. 

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Snowstorm predicted starting tomorrow night.  Christ, it's nearly mid-March.  Makes life at work extra-hellish.

Is that your work area over to the left of the nursery where the trailers and loading bays are?

Looks like it could get freezy cold there in the winter and toasty hot in the summer.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:44pm
We are on the edge of an Advisory, expecting 2 to 4 inches of snow.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Is that your work area over to the left of the nursery where the trailers and loading bays are?

Looks like it could get freezy cold there in the winter and toasty hot in the summer.
No, that's the outdoor section of Lawn and Garden.

See where that wall on the left of the bottom pic?  That's where our "back of store" area is.  See that stuff there?  Those are our bales of cardboard and plastic.  Those Google pics were from August of 2015, when we were under a different manager.  There's been much more stuff back there since.

Anyway, we have to get bales and stacks of pallets and all sorts of other things back there, otherwise they crowd the stockroom even worse than it usually is.  When there's snow on the ground, we can't move stuff back there.  And when the plow comes around and plows it all in, it's even more impossible to get or put stuff there, and it all stays inside, making it nearly impossible to move stuff about.  What's bad is that there doesn't look to be a thaw anytime soon after the snowstorm, so the mounds of plowed snow will block us from utilizing that area for awhile.  I'm not looking forward to it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:57pm

I was talking about the far left end of the building where the big bay doors are and the trailers are backed up to.

I figured that was probably the area you worked inside of.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:16pm
So, do you know the guy in this pic?

Store employee maybe?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:27pm
^LOL

Jimbo, you shouldn't be so tough on Thor.  He's a cool old dude!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:35pm

I was talking about the far left end of the building where the big bay doors are and the trailers are backed up to.

I figured that was probably the area you worked inside of.

Yeah, the "backroom" (aka "hell") is inside those doors.  As usual, there are two Walmart trailers and one open bay (available for the deliveries I'm in charge of).

Smaller deliveries come in the back door, around that corner.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:42pm

Store employee maybe?

If it is, I'm going to have to find out who it is and have him coached for not wearing acceptable Walmart colors.

Actually, there are employees of neighboring stores who like to walk around the building at lunch, for exercise or some such nonsense.  He's probably one of them.

Or...he could be a criminal looking to sneak into that door and steal TVs.  He looks the type.

See that yellow pole?  It's crooked because a truck ran into it.  It got fixed, but about two weeks ago, some other truck apparently ran into it while the back area was plowed in and the drive-through area was narrow, and it's becoming dislodged again.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
 So let's see...12-24 inches or so of snow, blizzard conditions, oh, and still barely crawling above 20 for God knows how many days in a row.  Maybe some power outages too.  Just f*cking shoot me.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 11:12pm

Store employee maybe?

If it is, I'm going to have to find out who it is and have him coached for not wearing acceptable Walmart colors.

Actually, there are employees of neighboring stores who like to walk around the building at lunch, for exercise or some such nonsense.  He's probably one of them.

Or...he could be a criminal looking to sneak into that door and steal TVs.  He looks the type.

See that yellow pole?  It's crooked because a truck ran into it.  It got fixed, but about two weeks ago, some other truck apparently ran into it while the back area was plowed in and the drive-through area was narrow, and it's becoming dislodged again.

I would have him arrested for 'Purposely Walking The Wrong Direction In A Clearly-Marked Lane'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 7:11pm
Oh @#$&! We're in for a WHOPPER of a storm! 12-18 inches of snow crap. Damn it Mother Nature I want SPRING not WINTER! Enough with the white stuff already!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 7:43pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:09am
Confused
About have the car loaded - heading smack-dab into the middle of nor'easter Stella within a few hours, no choice, while the health has also taken a turn.
Just another day in 'Paradise'... 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 3:32am
"STELLLLAAAAHHH!!"  At the office today, people were channelling Brando. 
Seriously, though -   This storm looks like a wicked one.  It's really cold; they're predicting winds exceeding 65 mph here on Cape Cod  tomorrow;  heavy snow ending as heavy rain; lots of anticipated wind damage and power outages.  Inland, there will be somewhat less wind but a lot more snow, all coming down fast.  It's going to be an absolute  mess throughout the mid-Atlantic and New England.  I hope that everyone weathers the storm well.  
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:06am
I'm still trying to 'kick-start'; the car is loaded, but I feel pretty ugly. I WAS going to go over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel but that route crawls the entire coastline, so I'm heading into the mountains of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. I HOPE to reach The Den on Wolfy Island by tomorrow evening. I see 9 hours of challenging driving starting at the Virginia-West Virginia border.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 5:38am

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm still trying to 'kick-start'; the car is loaded, but I feel pretty ugly. I WAS going to go over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel but that route crawls the entire coastline, so I'm heading into the mountains of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. I HOPE to reach The Den on Wolfy Island by tomorrow evening. I see 9 hours of challenging driving starting at the Virginia-West Virginia border.

You picked a helluva day for that, Pa.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:18pm

NO  SH*T  SHERLOCK!!! LOL

My fave "California song" is this:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 5:24pm

NO  SH*T  SHERLOCK!!! LOL

Did you watch the M&P video?

Some good blizzard scenes in it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 5:42pm

LOLLOL
I first heard this on the B&T show, he loses it at 40 seconds. LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused
About have the car loaded - heading smack-dab into the middle of nor'easter Stella within a few hours, no choice, while the health has also taken a turn.
Just another day in 'Paradise'... 
Feeling better PaW?  Probably a good idea to wait for the worst of the storm to pass before heading north.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 5:16pm
Looking forward to some warmer temperatures, is it spring yet?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 7:30pm
You guys are wussies!!!!!

It went down into the low 40's here last night!!!!!

Takes a real man with man-sized balls to winter in Florida, by God!!!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 7:42pm
^LOL

It gets chilly in the bedroom at night because we like it that way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 175>
  Share Topic