Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coca Cola Fighting Obesity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coca Cola Fighting Obesity
    Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 5:13pm
I though that this was a spoof commercial at first. The world's foremost maker of fattening sugary drinks (and others loaded with chemicals) has waded into the battle against obesity. They even sell cans of soda for those who follow a "portion control" regimen. How helpful. It's partly because of Coca Cola that people are fat in the first place. It's pure hype. Madison Avenue's finest putting a positive spin on the benefits of coke; you can drink it and slim down. Must have cost a lot to produce and, at the end, we get a nostalgic flashback to the "I'd like to buy the world a coke" ad from the 70s. Nauseating. 
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 7:34pm
I love how it's laced with little hints of "it's not our fault you're fat, you need self-control".

Pig
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 8:00pm
There is a Coca Cola billboard by my house that I drive by everyday. It has a picture of a coke can and in big red letters it says, "140 calories a can. It's no secret." (Or words to that effect).

I can't figure out what they are going for with this ad. Are they saying that 140 calories a can is not that bad? Or are they saying, "Yeah Coke is bad for you. But we never tried to hide that fact. So don't blame us if you get fat."?
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 8:03pm
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:45pm
Clap
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:54pm
Wow.  Unreal.  Add this commercial to the list of things I never thought I would see in my lifetime: Coca Cola and fighting obesity in the same breath.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:52am

Bloomberg needs to shut down all restaurants in NYC---from McDonalds to the most high-end Upper East Side restaurants.  They all contribute to obesity.  In fact, close the supermarkets, too---until they agree to sell only produce and grains.  That'll go over really well with New Yorkers, especially when all their favorite delis close.

And then make it national.

Down with pizza!!

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 1:03am
^Nah, produce and grains are carbs, which serve no major function in the body. Better ban those too.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic