Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That damn NuWave Cooking commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That damn NuWave Cooking commercial
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 11:57pm
I've have had it this damn commercial! They say you can't tell how high or low the temperature is on a regular stove (they do this with question marks on the display), they say you can't leave the stove or else you'll overlook the food, and that there's a danger of fire. Then they do the spiel for whole freaking commercial break, am not kidding! As soon as the commercials done the show is back on! I've seen it more than twice, which is too much for me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 12:21am
If you've ever been up at 2:00 in the morning I'm sure you've seen the 30 minute infomercial. That annoying dorky guy with glasses yelling about how delicious the food is makes me want to throw him off a bridge.
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:43pm
The funniest part is the one guy's astonishment that the thing can boil water. 'I turned around, and the water was boiling!' If only traditional stoves could do that.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:53pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

If you've ever been up at 2:00 in the morning I'm sure you've seen the 30 minute infomercial. That annoying dorky guy with glasses yelling about how delicious the food is makes me want to throw him off a bridge.
Tell me about it brother or sister. Even broadcast TV has news on early.
What sucks is early on, the small hours.  Even if you have 250 channels. 80% of the programming is fking infomercials.   What in the flying fuk am I paying for here.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:35pm
IKL,You're paying for WWE Divas to get into fights with their boyfriends/fiances and cry over the fights.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:59pm
Ken - Randy- Donnie, Just shut the f**k up.
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't need any addy vice from you.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 10:14pm
I will say we have a FlavorWAve (Only difference is the bottom of ours is tempered glass, not that vile nonstick stuff) and it's downright amazing. Maybe not quite as good as they say it is, but darned near close.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 7:05am
The funny part is she's going to feed her "family with three children" on three small chicken breasts, and a little pile of veggies.

When my family eats chicken, we each have a breast, roasted potatoes, and a serving of veggies. Along with a pan sauce that you can't make in that oven. It would catch on fire.

It's easier to use pots and pans, and clean them like a normal person.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:31am
IKL, it was a light-hearted joke. I wasn't trying to give you advice or offend you. I was making fun of the Total Divas show on E! Some of the acting from these "Divas" is horrendous. They make people pay to watch horrendous acting......
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I will say we have a FlavorWAve (Only difference is the bottom of ours is tempered glass, not that vile nonstick stuff) and it's downright amazing. Maybe not quite as good as they say it is, but darned near close.

I agree. I have had a NuWave for a couple of years and it works well. I have only used it in the summer when I want to avoid the traditional oven heat.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic