Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prolia "Break a leg" commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prolia "Break a leg" commercial
    Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 5:11am
This ad is nauseating on so many levels I can't even count or identify them all.

It nauseates me in ways I haven't even figured out yet.

I nearly gag every time I see the smarmy nauseating "actress" who "just wants to keep on acting..." but her brittle old bones are putting her precious gift to the world in jeopardy!!!

God in heaven....what kind of living hell would this world become if she (whoever the f**k she is) was no longer able to enrich our lives & make this world worth living in with her..................."acting"????

I shudder to think of it.

Anyway, this was the only version of the ad I was able to find on YT. It's exactly the same ad I've seen, but whoever made the video apparently feels very similar about it, because they added an interesting little ending which kinda says what I feel every time I see it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 5:20am
Blythe Danner, an actual actress...and much more talented, classy, and beautiful than her daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow.

Yeah, the commercial is...eugh...but I like her.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 5:21am

That's Blythe Danner.  I know the name but I'm not familiar with whatever TV shows and movies she's been in.  If I cared, I guess I could look it up.

Oh, I see she's Gwyneth Paltrow's mother.

Now I care even less.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 5:23am
^Don't hold it against her. Apparently talent skips a generation.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 6:11am
She looks like a self absorbed nit-wit if you asked me.

Go ahead.... ask me!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 6:25am
Uh, Wat izz Witnit?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 6:28am
Someone whose wit is that of a nit.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 6:32am
Jimbo, you have failed.

Please accept our consolation prize of a month's supply of Prolia.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 6:34am
Lose a little respect when people like Blythe and Sally Field(Boniva) do ads, don't really see how they need the money. Maybe they are bored.

It is amazing the classy Blythe has such a bitch of a daughter, Gwyneth. Recently, Gwyneth called her Grandmother a c*nt on Chelsea Handler. Maybe she really believes it but in my world you don't say stuff like that in public!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 10:00am
Yeah, she also bitched about how awful it would be to raise her kids in America, and all I could think was "Then stay the f*ck out, you self absorbed twit!" Apparently the granddaughter apple doesn't fall far from the grandmother tree...
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 2:06pm

Gwyneth Paltrow as "regular people":

For more such celebs...

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 2:33pm
What happened to Gwyneth? She used to be kind of mature, classy, and sophisticatedaround the 90's). Now, she's a potty mouth. Sad, she seemed to.grow down as she got older, not grow up as she got older.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Lose a little respect when people like Blythe and Sally Field(Boniva) do ads, don't really see how they need the money. Maybe they are bored.

It is amazing the classy Blythe has such a bitch of a daughter, Gwyneth. Recently, Gwyneth called her Grandmother a c*nt on Chelsea Handler. Maybe she really believes it but in my world you don't say stuff like that in public!

It doesn't bother me that they do commercials, it's just how the commercial comes across or how they come across in it.

In this particular ad she just comes across as a nauseatingly self-absorbed, self-impressed celebrity dip-sh*t who thinks she's God's precious gift to the world.

Because of her precious gift of acting.

AFAIC, actors & actresses are the bottom rung of the artistic ladder.

The bottom of the artistic barrel.

C'mon, man!
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That's Blythe Danner.  I know the name but I'm not familiar with whatever TV shows and movies she's been in.  If I cared, I guess I could look it up.

Oh, I see she's Gwyneth Paltrow's mother.

Now I care even less.

She was fantastic as Robert Duvall's wife in "The Great Santini," and had a great guest starring multi-episode role on "St. Elsewhere."
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 3:30pm
Don't forget...it's only two shots a year!  Almost as bad as Sally Field having to clear her calendar to take a pill.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by catnapped catnapped wrote:

Don't forget...it's only two shots a year!  Almost as bad as Sally Field having to clear her calendar to take a pill.

Give poor Sally a break!!!

She has a large staff of personal assistants who have to be involved & hence, their schedules all have to be coordinated.

First of course, is the pill-bearer who carries all her pills around with him/her in hermetically sealed (whatever that is) tamper-proof containers, then there's the water-toter, who carries around bottles of her favorite brand of bottled spring water that must be kept at exactly 42.5° at all times, then there's her special chair bearer who carries around a special padded folding chair with the seat cushion custom-molded to fit Sally's ass & only her's, then there's the disinfectant person who carries a cleaning kit stocked with Lysol & Clorox to clean & sterilize any surfaces she might come into contact with, then of course there's the personal registered nurse who is constantly at her side to monitor her vital signs, & of coure her lawyer to advise her of the legal ramifications of everything she says & does.

I've probably left out a few, but you get the picture.

And all these people have to have arrangements made so that their schedules align.

It's not easy being Sally Field.

That's why there's only one.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 4:41pm
And of course, she requires they all give her a round of applause after successfully swallowing her pill while she squeals "You like me! You really like me!"
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

And of course, she requires they all give her a round of applause after successfully swallowing her pill while she squeals "You like me! You really like me!"

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

This ad is nauseating on so many levels I can't even count or identify them all.

It nauseates me in ways I haven't even figured out yet.

I nearly gag every time I see the smarmy nauseating "actress" who "just wants to keep on acting..." but her brittle old bones are putting her precious gift to the world in jeopardy!!!

God in heaven....what kind of living hell would this world become if she (whoever the f**k she is) was no longer able to enrich our lives & make this world worth living in with her..................."acting"????

I shudder to think of it.

Anyway, this was the only version of the ad I was able to find on YT. It's exactly the same ad I've seen, but whoever made the video apparently feels very similar about it, because they added an interesting little ending which kinda says what I feel every time I see it.

An appropriate and satisfying end to an annoying and insufferable commercial!     
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:50am
The ending (on this version) was the best part!!!

C'mon, man!
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:23am
Holy crap, I had the volume up for this one, and I jumped about a mile! LOL
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 4:50am
You and your horse-faced daughter should break a leg for real so we can put you down for good.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 6:10am
^^^

C'mon, man!
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:51pm
I improved the commercial a wee bit.  Was missing 'something' LOL

hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 12:13am
I only know Blythe Danner from Meet the Parents, she had that up-skirt shot. I always think of what a slutty ol' bag she is anytime I see her! Her daughter is pretty filthy, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic