Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda commercials with tweeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda commercials with tweeting
    Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 4:50am

Complete with constant hashtags, hipster music and white girl "yee-uh"s, this one will have your fist through the TV in no time flat. I've seen one with a tweet from "Janae" as well, so apparently there's a whole goddamn series of these things.

I suppose I'm really setting myself up for massive disappointment this generation by not expecting commercials like these becoming the norm.
Sponsored Links

80sChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80sChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 10:00pm

I've been wondering if anybody hated these commercials (unfortunately, there is indeed a series of them) as much as I do.  The constant hashtag thing annoys the crap out of me.  It's as if they're saying, "Oldsters, go away.  This product is for our special young 'uns who understand the code."

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 10:14pm
Anybody got a video? I wanna share in the pain.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 10:23pm
Sorry, CIH did that stupid thing where you have to post a video twice for it to show up.

This one above is the one I initially tried to post. The one that has the stupid white girl dancing to the hipster dubstep (or whatever that is) music and going "YEE-UH!"

Here are more:

And here is the one most annoying to me, the one that uses the most hashtags:

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 10:29pm
Good grief! Aaaaa,uuuuuh,duuuuur I think my brain melted from the stupidity!
80sChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80sChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 11:20pm

That last one is definitely the most annoying. 

Honda's ads seem to be either fabulous or hideous lately.  Last year they desecrated Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" with the air-guitar-playing family on a "crazy trip" in a bratmobile.  They made up for it with the super cool President's Day ad this year, with singers dressed as George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  Now they've gone back into the doghouse.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Good grief! Aaaaa,uuuuuh,duuuuur I think my brain melted from the stupidity!

I don't like hurting people, but you did ask. lol.
kevanbd View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevanbd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:20am
I've been driving a Honda (my first car) for six years. These commercials make me want to push it into a deep body of water.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:40am
Originally posted by kevanbd kevanbd wrote:

I've been driving a Honda (my first car) for six years. These commercials make me want to push it into a deep body of water.

If it was a Fiat it might swim back to Italy. If your Honda is a Civic it would have to "swim" to Greensburg, Indiana!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sunbreak777 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbreak777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 6:53pm
I agree. The Honda summer special commercial has a stupid white girl (and I am caucasian so this is not prejudicial) talking about hashtag this or that and at the end she is making some stupid noise and hand sign. She sounds like a moron.
oswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:28pm
Oh my god I hate these darn commercials. For some reason, whenever my local NBC channel plays it, it repeats the same exact commercial twice. Last time it came on I turned to the person next to me and deadpanned "Hashtag I hate this commercial". 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 11:19pm
OMG I'm sick of these commercials! Please make it stop please make it stop please stop it stop it STOP IT!

I just saw the moneypobzzz one it is stupid NOT FUNNY, GOT IT HONDA?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:18am
OMG these commercials are irritating more than those damn pop up videos from VH1 in way back to 2001!

#IDGAF and #Shutthef**kup!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:35am
Originally posted by sunbreak777 sunbreak777 wrote:

I agree. The Honda summer special commercial has a stupid white girl (and I am caucasian so this is not prejudicial) talking about hashtag this or that and at the end she is making some stupid noise and hand sign. She sounds like a moron.

Yes. The first video. The "hashtag" fingers are really bad. My question is why do they have to cast an actor/actress with the most annoying voice possible?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 12:58am
Originally posted by 80sChick 80sChick wrote:

I've been wondering if anybody hated these commercials (unfortunately, there is indeed a series of them) as much as I do.  The constant hashtag thing annoys the crap out of me.  It's as if they're saying, "Oldsters, go away.  This product is for our special young 'uns who understand the code."

Oldsters tend to have the credit or the cash. In 2010 it came down to Top of the line KIA Forte SX at $19,000 or stripper Honda Civic at $20,000. Even though it was a cash in full deal Honda would not budge. I bought the KIA for $17,000 even though they had to make a dealer trade and transport it 140 miles to get exactly the car I wanted. I worked for the "Giant" of the overnight air industry. They chose to ignore a little upstart (Federal Express). In a few years they were bankrupt! Honda and Toyota don't forget to check your rear view mirrors! There are others gaining on you!
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Complete with constant hashtags, hipster music and white girl "yee-uh"s, this one will have your fist through the TV in no time flat. I've seen one with a tweet from "Janae" as well, so apparently there's a whole goddamn series of these things.

I suppose I'm really setting myself up for massive disappointment this generation by not expecting commercials like these becoming the norm.

You're not wrong. Really dumbed-down stuff that, like much of what's broadcast these days, is the norm.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:08am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Oldsters tend to have the credit or the cash. In 2010 it came down to Top of the line KIA Forte SX at $19,000 or stripper Honda Civic at $20,000. Even though it was a cash in full deal Honda would not budge. I bought the KIA for $17,000 even though they had to make a dealer trade and transport it 140 miles to get exactly the car I wanted. I worked for the "Giant" of the overnight air industry. They chose to ignore a little upstart (Federal Express). In a few years they were bankrupt! Honda and Toyota don't forget to check your rear view mirrors! There are others gaining on you!

Wise move my friend. Kias are very popular in this part of the world. One of the girls in my office drives on and loves it. When she bought it, it had many of the bells and whistles absent from its competitors like Honda. Hyundai seem to be a pretty good deal too but I was deterred by an awful commercial run by local dealer, the perma-tanned Dick Smith of Dick Smith Hyundai.
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

Wise move my friend. Kias are very popular in this part of the world. One of the girls in my office drives on and loves it. When she bought it, it had many of the bells and whistles absent from its competitors like Honda. Hyundai seem to be a pretty good deal too but I was deterred by an awful commercial run by local dealer, the perma-tanned Dick Smith of Dick Smith Hyundai.
Not sure if you're aware, but Kia IS Hyundai, just Mercury was Ford.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

My previous car was 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4 L (I found later the engine was manufactured by KIA). 5 speed Not a bad car at all. The KIA has the 2.4 liter 3rd generation. Great engine 100% aluminum, dual overhead cams, and timing chains as opposed to belts. The clutch and shifter are not normal but I have learned to use them. It handles well. Road and Track got 0 to 60 6.9 seconds! I think the KIA is a great deal and a good car.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:17pm

Quote Not sure if you're aware, but Kia IS Hyundai, just Mercury was Ford.

No, I had no idea about that.
ChuckH53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckH53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 1:44am
Saying "hashtag ihatemycar" is linguistically equivalent to saying "verb kill personalpronoun me". But the marketdroids at HMC are too clever to realize that. They are mixing meta-language with the object of the meta-language, which is why people hate the usage so much. It causes your brain to attempt to tie itself in knots.
Cheesewhiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cheesewhiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 6:45am
This is not why I hate hashtag usage so much. Although it is some impressive learning, and I've seen the same post in two threads. I hate that we now call it a hashtag (or a hash, for the sticklers, but hashtag is common plebian speak), because I once knew it as "the pound sign."  I hate that we all have to be trendy with tech things that will be dead anyway within years, and I hate that we all have to use the trendy techie slang until these things die, and we move onto something else. I hate when people post the punchline to whatever they're saying #here - it's so smug and trying to be clever, without actually being clever. I hate anything that's an abbreviation for full and proper English and discourse - this includes things like "r u..." and the #punchline. I hate when people post things like "#TRUTH" after their comments, because you know, if you say it's hashtag all caps truth, then it must be. It's all awfully trendy, self-important, self-aggrandizing, and faddish. It's the linguistic equivalent of mugging for the camera, or planking, or owling, or whatever dumb thing someone has come up with. I hate hashtag anything, and I hate this commercial with the white girl acting like she's really with it, but in smug, condescending, hipstery way. #smug #self-important #annoying
ChuckH53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckH53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 7:16am
#hear #hear  </sarcasm>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic