Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot dogs may increase cancer risk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot dogs may increase cancer risk
    Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 7:28pm
aw sh*t.

Shocked

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2008/07/25/cohen.hot.dogs.and.kids.cnn

I could'n't find a recent written  article on it

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 7:58pm
I like mine with Plochman's mustard!!

Nowadays, it seems EVERYTHING causes cancer.  So I say, "f**kitall."
Love endures all.
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 8:36pm
Given recent gastronomic experiences, that's just great.....
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 3:59pm
but what a way to go!!!!!Approve
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 5:10pm
F*ck it, I'll take my chances. Anything for a snappy Boars Head Natural Casing dog loaded with mustard.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 5:34pm
Well, if'n that's true, you might as well toss some nice, fresh Mexican jalepenos on my dog...what's a good bout of cancer without some salmonella on the side?

..and, what the heck - let's 'up the ante'! Can you give me a call on my cell phone, please? 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 3:54am
I found out a afew weeks ago that my vinyl shower curtain can give me cancer. Confused And on last night's news there was a whole story about the link to cancer and  granite counter tops in your kitchen and how they can be tantamount to smoking 30 packs of cigarettes a day.  Of course the EPA immediately refuted it but I am not too sure I trust them, or the FDA! http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=&q=granite+counter+tops+cancer
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 4:47am
So, let me guess.  The study says that eating hot dogs increases a person's chance of developing mouth and colon cancer, right?  Well, whattaya expect from something made from lips and assholes...? LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 12:14pm
I've always suspected that hot dogs might cause colon cancer because I heard it somewhere several years ago. But I figured you'd have to eat a lot of them. Like a couple of dozen a week or so. But still, who even eats one hot dog a day?

The thing that worries me is the other "processed meats" they talk about.

I eat a lot of cold cuts on sandwiches, so I'll have to start looking on the packages for nitrate content & of course they ALL have nitrates, so I guess I'm screwed. Now I can't even enjoy a friggin Cuban sandwich anymore without worrying about ass polyps.

Everything blows.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Anything for a snappy Boars Head Natural Casing dog loaded with mustard.

Oooooooohhhhhh..... those things are to die for.

Literally it seems, now I guess.

A bit expensive for me, but I occasionally buy Nathan's & Sabbrett's when they're on sale. Those are tasty too, but something about them. Seems like you can just feel the polyps sprouting in your colon everytime you eat one.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 12:33pm
I'd hate like heck to blow out an ass polyp at 65 mph.
Love endures all.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 12:41pm
I confused..... would you be travelling 65 mph, or would the ass polyp be travelling 65 mph as it was expelled?

Either way, not a pretty picture.....

C'mon, man!
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 12:50pm
Boy, that's one of the math story problems I always got wrong!LOL

An ass polyp, traveling 65 mph, leaves the station at 0930, heading east.  On the same route but two miles ahead of the polyp is a pair of cheeks, jogging at 10 mph.  At what time will the polyp collide with the cheeks and explode?

The answer is "Cleveland."
Love endures all.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 1:00pm
LOL

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

But still, who even eats one hot dog a day?

*raises hand* MEEEEEEEEEE!

In fact, I'm gonna have myself TWO Zwiegle's beef hot dogs(with ketchup)for lunch RIGHT NOW!

*raises arm to shield self from flying produce*
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 5:21pm
KETCHUP??
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 6:57pm
I want to go to Chicago for the sole purpose of trying one of their dogs! Those poppy seeded rolls look divine!

The artist formerly known as Madawee

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 8:36pm
OMG!!! Living can actually KILL YOU!Dead
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 1:01am
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic