Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Axe Body Spray "Girls are getting hotter"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axe Body Spray "Girls are getting hotter"
    Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 2:52am
I saw this one for the first time today and I couldn't find a video...

But this one offends me for a lot of reasons. One, it's for Axe Body Spray, which smells like garbage. Two, it's offensive to men and women, and while I normally don't let this kind of thing bother me,  the concept for the whole commercial is so shallow and vapid that it's like they're not even trying.

I'm reminded of an old Family Guy joke with a commercial for beer with the tagline "If you buy it, hot women will have sex in your back yard." Advertising directed at young men these days seems to be about one ironic tagline away from just letting it all "hang out".
Sponsored Links

dreamtreedown View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamtreedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:45am
This one?

hour_glass View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hour_glass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 4:23am
I just saw this commercial and it IRKS ME LIKE CRAZY.
Yeah, all of those guys are falling over at the overly-hot girl, where there's a perfectly good looking girl right next to them.
This is just plain annoying and off the charts offensive. I've hated all of their new commercials, including the "first impressions" ones, and the ridiculous astronaut ones.
Just another reason why billions of girls out there think they aren't hot enough.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:09am
Yeah, I hear the girls just love it when you slather yourself up with an overwhelming body wash. Really gets them going, I'm told by absolutely no one.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 2:44pm
Because incredibly dumb, forever alone guys will buy this crap if they think it gives them the SLIGHTEST chance at attracting a mate. My 27 year old brother has never had a girlfriend, I don't even think he tries. He's practically retarded and expects one to just float on over on a cloud and have sex with him. He has quite a few Axe products. If I was ever dating a guy and saw Axe in his shower I'd probably lose a lot of attraction for him. Thank god my husband is a Zest and Head and Shoulders guy.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 2:51pm

Yeah, over the decades, girls have certainly gotten hotter---skimpier clothes, more makeup, etc.  But it's all relative.  In any given era, guys have focused on the hottest.  If women all started dressing like nuns, guys would focus on who's wearing the tightest habit.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Because incredibly dumb, forever alone guys will buy this crap if they think it gives them the SLIGHTEST chance at attracting a mate. My 27 year old brother has never had a girlfriend, I don't even think he tries. He's practically retarded and expects one to just float on over on a cloud and have sex with him. He has quite a few Axe products. If I was ever dating a guy and saw Axe in his shower I'd probably lose a lot of attraction for him. Thank god my husband is a Zest and Head and Shoulders guy.

LOL

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:19am
I just saw this commercial today, and I think I had a different reaction than some of you.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or being overly sensitive or whatever. But I really took the "Girls are getting hotter, so you need to cool yourself with Axe" line to mean "Since girls are so hot nowadays, you better "cool yourself down" (as in take a cold shower) so you don't feel the need to become a rapist or something of the sort.

In any event, it is a terrible ad on many levels.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:26pm
One variety of Axe smells distinctly like coochie -- that's one surefire way to attract other dudes or even lesbians!!! That is certainly not what they were thinking when the team of rocket surgeons mixed this sh!t together!!! LOL

dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 12:50am
all the varieties of axe smell gross. guys, if you want to smell nice, bathe daily and use a decent-smelling cologne in moderation. i mean by a brand you have to buy behind a counter, not at the grocery store.
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:38am
Cologne "in moderation" is the key there! (And perfume, for that matter).

Really, I don't think it's necessary at all if you just bathe regularly and wear deodorant on a daily basis. 

But I have dated some guys who go WAY overboard on the cologne/body spray or whatever it is they are using. I could still smell it in my house days later. Literally.
Frankcastle006 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankcastle006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:54am
Girls are getting photoshopped.. "Hot" is a subjective term. Not every "hot" woman looks like she walked off the cover of cosmopolitan. Unlike in this commercial.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 2:43am

ConfusedDumb little boys.

1.) Think about it - don't think hard and hurt yourself, but think - do YOU get 'hot & bothered' by what SHE smells like, or, are you just 'hot & bothered' and anyting on 2 or 4 legs that won't or can't reject you will do?

2.) Do you like the smell of tuna?
If SHE has doused or drenched herself in something that reminds you of far away places, be worried. "Neeaaww. PaW! YOU'RE full of sh*t! She's all 'tropical island flowers & whatnot'  - sweet and desirable as can be!", eh?  
The pictures painted in your mind, while buying her that second drink (or milkshake - let's be 'age responsible', here!)! You just KNOW she'll be teaching you how a vacuum cleaner works in the back seat of your Mom's car before curfew, or, should you be an adult, you'll happily be cleaning the oil from her hair off your car windows and spraying the inside with Ozium, before the wife takes off for work in the morning, right? 
Don't fool yourself.
'Every gift is wrapped - unwrapping is simply part of the fun!'...'receiver beware' 
The clothes come off, 'things get going'...and natuire takes its course...
Once the 'gift has been opened', it is possible the 'Island Flowers Scent' was covering up a dead tuna that has been festering on the beach for a week...and you JUST now 'put 2+2' together.
Yea, you're heading to the Free Clinic within the week.

3.) If your 'horns' are killing you to the point you have to duck going through a door, well...wanna slather in stink and believe you're going to get jumped? Guess again. Forget the 'Axe' crap. If times are that tough, snatch some Trojans and save up for a hooker and get it out of your system.

'nuff said, doncha know, cancha tell...

Aaaaaaaaand, anyway - learn about 'Phermones'. Yea, if that is a 'new word' for you, there's a dictionary online. Maybe you want to look at somethjing like this:
PherX Pheromone Cologne for Men (Attract Women) - The Science of Attraction - 18mg Human Pheromones
4.0 out of 5 stars They will not drop their panties, but they will WANT your attention March 18, 2013
Reviewer: thegrizzlyant (see more about me)
I tried this product out of simple curiosity. I was curious about how it would work, and if it works, what reactions were to happen. The first day I wore it in the office, I notices all the women started saying hello, asking me about my day and week, what were my plans for the weekend and stuff... Read More

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 2:50am
I've gotten hit on more times coming out of the gym (Fresh sweat) by men and women than when I'm wearing some fancy scent.

Then again, there are guys that even misunderstand the concept of this, and think that they'll get attention by not showering all week.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 3:24pm
Axe is sold in the UK as Lynx, and the commercials are similar too. Foul stuff. 
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

Cologne "in moderation" is the key there! (And perfume, for that matter).
exactly. the key is if you (the wearer) can smell it, you've put too much on. if you can, ask someone else how you smell. it's probably not a practical thing to do daily, but it's something you might be able to do once or twice until you get used to how much to spray on yourself.

i'm old school, i just put a spritz on my wrists and behind my ears. the perfume i wear is pretty strong stuff, so any more and it's overkill.
HitsugiNerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HitsugiNerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:29pm
This one really makes my skin crawl. The thing I hate about it is how they show model type women. They don't show average women as it were. They show women who are stick thin, with long legs and pouty faces. It's really annoying to me.

I'm a plus sized girl, but I have been trying to lose weight. (mostly for health purposes). It really bothers me because it IS so shallow. For both men and women. You want men to by your crappy products, and yet you make them look like drooling idiots, and the women look so unattainable.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:05pm
The thing that I wonder is:

How could anyone be this dumb to actually fall for this type of stuff?

Who seriously thinks girls will like you just because you're wearing Axe? LOL

I got some bottles of Axe for Christmas as a gift and I haven't used it at all yet. It's still sitting inside one of my drawers in my room. Just don't care for it. One of them is Axe shampoo. Maybe I'll try that when my regular shampoo runs out considering it's not a cologne. But, other than that who cares?

My deodorant smells nice enough. I've gotten women who ask, "What cologne are you wearing?" and I say "None. That's my deodorant."
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by HitsugiNerd HitsugiNerd wrote:

This one really makes my skin crawl. The thing I hate about it is how they show model type women. They don't show average women as it were. They show women who are stick thin, with long legs and pouty faces. It's really annoying to me.

I'm a plus sized girl, but I have been trying to lose weight. (mostly for health purposes). It really bothers me because it IS so shallow. For both men and women. You want men to by your crappy products, and yet you make them look like drooling idiots, and the women look so unattainable.

So how do you manage to stay so thin Ms. Model? Well, I barf, I don't eat except for tapeworms, and I spend 14 hours a day on the treadmill. Oh, and I only date guys that use Axe.
HitsugiNerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HitsugiNerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 3:17am
How do you have great breasts though? "Plastic Surgery, and Photoshop."
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 3:53am
Yeah, and all those guys with good bodies are nothing but steroid junkies!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 5:11am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

...My deodorant smells nice enough. I've gotten women who ask, "What cologne are you wearing?" and I say "None. That's my deodorant."
Women who sniff my armpits make me hot, doncha know.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 8:01pm
My main problem with this commercial is that the girls they show aren't even hot. Pretty? Yes. Hot? No. Sorry, don't find stick figures to be all that hot. Give me some curves please.
My Liege View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My Liege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 12:55am
Wow! Really people if your offended by this commercial its probably because you have a self asteam issues. I'm sure if you're a woman and is offended by this commercial you are probably not very attractive plus out of shape, and defently juelus. If you don't agree then why do you go out of your way to look like these beautiful woman? Why what's the purpose? If your a guy that is offended let's be real let's step back and look in the mirror and ask why can't I get a girl like that? Did you do it? Do you have your answer/ answers? I'm hoping you did, and that you see something you don't like. Let that answer motivate you to do something about it and change it. But I could be wrong about all that I just said and you're one of those people that will and can find something wrong with everything. If this is you then I fell sorry for you.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 1:19am
WOW, first of all, watch your spelling.

Second of all this is Commercials I Hate We HATE this commercial, we're not jealous, we don't have low self esteem, we hate this commercial. KAPEESH?

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic