Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by NeilHamburgerFan NeilHamburgerFan wrote:

I'm soooo impressed social marketing nitwits convincingly pitched to Trivago executives that "any press is good press" and are promoting the #trivagoguy makeover blitz.

I suggest submitting a picture of the Travelocity gnome as your #trivagoguy makeover contest entry. Travelocity's search algorithm and more likable spokesperson/spokesgnome make it superior to Trivago in every way. Don't let them capitalize on our pure and authentic hate for the Trivago guy!

https://www.facebook.com/trivago/app_451684954848385

VERY SMART POST!!!!!Clap   And anyone this campaign gets over on....would, by definition, be a silly putty/malleable to begin with.
Sponsored Links

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I think he looks like he had a stroke. Seems like half his face doesn't move right. Or, it's just numbed up from all the coke.

I agree!  Tho I think it's not physiological, I think it's that he is FAUX and all about trying to come across as some version of cool and macho.  Soooooo creepy.

Cute!  And I don't disagree, tho I do Tweet very occasionally, cause other means of expression/communication on the net (notice this) are diminishing.  

But for me, the illusions at the heart of both sites are wicked scary, but I am not replulsed on every level in the atypical (if not unique) ways this phony, posturing, repulsive actor manages within me.
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 4:49am
I hate all Vonage ads mostly because everyone in them keeps saying VON-ITCH. 
mista_ecks View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mista_ecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 5:15pm
Dude looks kinda creepy. He gives off a serial killer or rapist kind of vibe.
www.blogtalkradio.com/thefabliferadio
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by mista_ecks mista_ecks wrote:

Dude looks kinda creepy. He gives off a serial killer or rapist kind of vibe.

LOL
NeilHamburgerFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilHamburgerFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 5:04pm
I'm not sure if anyone has pointed out the washed out color of his shirt reads terribly on TV. Then the stylist says, " let's roll up your sleeves up for a more relaxed look".

Instead of a travel site, he should be the spokesman for burlapshirts.com. Just horrendous.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by NeilHamburgerFan NeilHamburgerFan wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed out the washed out color of his shirt reads terribly on TV. Then the stylist says, " let's roll up your sleeves up for a more relaxed look".

Instead of a travel site, he should be the spokesman for burlapshirts.com. Just horrendous.

Is true!   And yes, burlap, dust mites and bed bugs.

Makes my head explode with confusion they are still running the spot.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. Proust
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 10:44pm
The stroke dude is still on.. Don't we have enough of these sites/apps? I should start my own. It should be "doyouwannagoonf**kinvacationornot.com". Million dollar idea, looking for investors..
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Holly Golightly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Golightly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:01am
He is indeed unhygienic looking and smarmy.  But, hey! He is appealing to the unwashed masses; the ugly Americans that the Germans believe they are appealing to as those folks featured at Walmart.com.......sad commentary.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Holly Golightly Holly Golightly wrote:

He is indeed unhygienic looking and smarmy.  But, hey! He is appealing to the unwashed masses; the ugly Americans that the Germans believe they are appealing to as those folks featured at Walmart.com.......sad commentary.
Hello Holly Golightly from USA.  You wouldn't happen to be In NYC would you?
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:05pm
It's November, new ad. Still looks like a bum.
He did sport a clean shave and a blazer in his last commercial. Guess he fell off the wagon again.Ouch

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by Holly Golightly Holly Golightly wrote:

Hello Holly Golightly from USA.  You wouldn't happen to be In NYC would you?

wanna grab some Breakfast at Tiffany's?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:18am
Trivago guy makeover, before-and-after.

My wife thinks he's hot now, with the George Clooney hairstyle.

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 4:42am
Thumbs Up I like Trivago guy's new look.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 5:13am
I would let him put a saddle on me -nods-
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 1:02am
I really dont understand all the venom directed at this guy. He's not hot, but some of you make him sound like the worst thing on two feet. I must be missing something. He just looks like an ordinary, average guy who needs a shave.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 2:27pm
They cleaned him up nicely. Had to do a double take when I saw the new ad.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

They cleaned him up nicely. Had to do a double take when I saw the new ad.

Kind of amazing, isn't it?
You know...how fast a person can resurface after a quick break for a 'Rehab' stay...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 2:36pm

Looks like he just got a half-inch trim, and put on a shirt that doesn't show the wrinkles.  Makes a difference, I guess.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 4:20pm
^ Amazing what a comb, brush and scissors can do.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 4:20pm
Not to mention a 12 step program...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 12:05am
XMAS 2014.
NEW Tim Williams Trivago Ad *I* saw today - maybe it isn't new, maybe others have seen it.
Williams as spokesman is in a business suit (including tie) and has a true, conservative haircut & combing. I was shocked, but not much.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 12:54am
Has the Trivago guy achieved commercial immortality such as Progressive Flo, GEICO Gecko, Toyota Jan, and others? Even the Energizer Bunny seems to have run out of juice. I'm surprised he was not resurrected this Christmas due to all the batteries not included.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 2:00am
He has been - just saw ANOTHER new one. No suit, but better attire and still a lot more cleaned up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 2:40am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

XMAS 2014.
NEW Tim Williams Trivago Ad *I* saw today - maybe it isn't new, maybe others have seen it.
Williams as spokesman is in a business suit (including tie) and has a true, conservative haircut & combing. I was shocked, but not much.

I just saw this one.  A haircut, a shave and a suit.  Looks like he's off the alcohol.

Can't seem to find the video on either Youtube or iSpot.  Usually, iSpot has it all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic