Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Zaleygirl Zaleygirl wrote:

I hate everything about this guy. His ill fitting unbuttoned shirt that doesn't actually "match" the terrible jeans he's wearing. Not to mention he has an oddly long torso and short legs. He is unshaven and his teeth look grey. His skin is an unusual pallor and his fingernails are dirty. I could go on but I'm actually getting myself angry thinking about how gross he is.

Copy that on all counts!!!!   Eeeeewwwwwwww.
Sponsored Links

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by pjonesnow pjonesnow wrote:

I am SO glad this site is here, going on about the Trivago guy because my husband said I was being slightly harsh.  This guy looks like he smoke 9 packs of "No Quit'ems" (cigarettes) an hour!  Then, what's up with his refusal to "freshen" his beard and hair up for the commercial, and I will agree, his clothes appear second-hand and his chest, (because his shirt is unbuttoned entirely too far down), his chest is BRIGHT red, while his neck and his face are ashen.  WTF!!!????  And why are his arms so short and stumpy compared to the rest of his body?

I have nice'd up this comment in case he happens to read it or hear about it.  Everybody has feelings!  Why Trivago decided HE should be their Spokesman is beyond me!  I'm hoping, his 'homeless, I'm an alcoholic from way back' self, owns Trivago.  That would make me feel so much better about having to see this guy on my TV every darn night!

Your husband....is wrong.  And his arms not AS stumpy as his legs....given the length of his torso.
First time in my life so far I have been relegated to this level of be-atchy.
mommyswami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommyswami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 4:37am
There is so much that just BOTHERS me about this guy, all of which have been named. I must say to find this forum makes me feel so much better about my uncontrollable hatred of this guy. Mostly I just want him to hike up his GD pants and put a belt on. That weirdly long torso is perverse.

That's what it is about him; he seems like a freaking dirty pervert. That voice reminds me of a skeevy guy in a bar who is trying to talk to you and since your mother always taught you to be nice you are. But he takes being nice as you're into him and he comes at you with that "sexy" (TOTALLY EFFING CREEPY!) voice, like "yeah you like that don't you?" that makes you shudder and your skin crawl.

I'm afraid Trivago is just a front for some illegal business trying to lure people into booking a hotel with them because all the rooms they offer are equipped with video cameras or they'll kidnap guests for the sex trade.

Yes I've gone off the deep end. But just wait. Some freaky stuff will come out about this guy.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 1:39pm
Trivago is a valid, German company, they do drum up a lot of business...but  they could have done themselves a little favor by simply having the guy change clothes between breaks for the takes of each commercial. Would certainly have made it seem like they didn't rush through everything in one afternoon with the first cheap GermTexan rock star they could find at a corner gasthaus.
One previous poster points out the terrible clothing style. Great point. The shirt looks like something worn by 'Leisure Suit Larry', the jeans really look like women's low-line hip-huggers. When put together on him, the first thought is someone had a bad day picking out clothes at the Salvation Army second-hand store.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 1:48pm

I'm finding the level of hatred here kinda comical.  He's not really all that bad, is he?  A little sloppy, maybe, and in need of a shave...but he just doesn't seem so horrible to me.  Hell, Brad Pitt looks worse than that most of the time, doesn't he?  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 2:04pm
Yea...but you know who Brad Pitt is.
This poor soul just leaves one pulling their children back ("How many times have I told you 'Don't Talk to Strangers!'?!"), if not even just appearing the person one would not choose to approach to ask directions...he's a little 'concerning', if not 'creepy'.
Heck, I would be a much better spokesman with a better taste in clothing. Trivago ought to go ahead and send me a check now.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 2:19pm

Maybe I'm just used to that unshaven, drab look from having lived in San Francisco so long.  And I'm not even talking about the bums.  I'm talking about the aging cool cats there, who've cultivated a particular sort of "I'm too cool to care" look.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 2:31pm
That style is everywhere. Heck, half the time *I* look just as handsome - people on Wolfy Island that don't know me think I'm the bum on the bicycle who sleeps behind the dumpster, which is fine by me. Having said that, I 'clean up' so much better that if I wasn't me, I'd probably ask me out for a 'play date', once all spiffied-up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 2:38pm

The slob look I see in the 'burbs is different than the urban slob look.  In the burbs, we're just slobs.  In San Francisco, the look is different.  It has an actual Holocaust-in-biker-shorts quality to it.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 3:28pm
This guy doesn't really bother me, at least he's not screaming at me at the top of his lungs like the Travelocity gnome.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Trivago is a valid, German company, they do drum up a lot of business...but  they could have done themselves a little favor by simply having the guy change clothes between breaks for the takes of each commercial. Would certainly have made it seem like they didn't rush through everything in one afternoon with the first cheap GermTexan rock star they could find at a corner gasthaus.
One previous poster points out the terrible clothing style. Great point. The shirt looks like something worn by 'Leisure Suit Larry', the jeans really look like women's low-line hip-huggers. When put together on him, the first thought is someone had a bad day picking out clothes at the Salvation Army second-hand store.

No!  Not deep end!   Discerning, healthy and all justified!Clap
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm finding the level of hatred here kinda comical.  He's not really all that bad, is he?  A little sloppy, maybe, and in need of a shave...but he just doesn't seem so horrible to me.  Hell, Brad Pitt looks worse than that most of the time, doesn't he?  LOL

NO.  This being and Brad Pitt not even members of the same species.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe I'm just used to that unshaven, drab look from having lived in San Francisco so long.  And I'm not even talking about the bums.  I'm talking about the aging cool cats there, who've cultivated a particular sort of "I'm too cool to care" look.

It's not about some STYLE; not even about what he's wearing, forget, the stubble thingy pervades and is cliche but does not repulse....it's an underlying repulsiveness he broadcasts in every way: his face, his voice, his affect.....but OK, his very odd body proportions too.....tho, that they put him in a lite shirt and black jeans just makes the latter more glaring.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

Partly accounting for his disheveled appearance is the linen shirt. Linen shirts always look unpressed, worn, too casual. It's a bad choice.

He really doesn't look as bad as many people think; there's quite an overreaction going on.

Think Pharrell in linen.

NOT ABOUT FABRIC.  This guy's sleazoid essence goes far deeper than fabric.
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 1:54am
You object too much, which suggests you have a repressed desire for him.

It's like the dilemma faced by the loudest, most virulent homophobes, who would feel better if they'd admit to themselves that they really want to be bent over and reamed. Such inward torment gets projected outward, causing needless misery for others.

Embrace your desire...cry out 'Trivago Guy!' the next time you jill off. If your husband's OK with it, do some role-playing: have him get some tight black jeans, a dark linen shirt, go unshaven for a couple of days, and speak laconically to you.
Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:16am
Dude doesnt bother me. Annoying song in the background does, however. And while it may foster brand recognition, it's not positive recognition. 
SpeedCøw View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeedCøw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 11:05pm
The fact that he's approaching me with his shirt unbuttoned and discussing hotels creeps me out.

Nevermind the fact that he looks like someone who lives on the streets.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 6:01am
ShockedTRIVAGO ALERT!!!!
New Trivago cell pnone commercial has our boy in a fresh shirt!!! Same style, but blue. 
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:05pm
I just Googled new trivago commercial and can't believe how many websites popped up about this guy and the way he looks.  Wow.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:41pm

I noticed that in the new ones, he's shaved, he's dressed a little better, and his hair seems to have taken on an odd beige color.

reachlsr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachlsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:54pm
You said it perfectly. He does not look like a guy I want in the room next door, ijs.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ShockedTRIVAGO ALERT!!!!
New Trivago cell pnone commercial has our boy in a fresh shirt!!! Same style, but blue. 

Thank you, Scoop reporter Pa! I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 7:20pm
I've seen the new one, he looks well dressed in a blue suit with a red tie. He is also farther in the background too. He's not in-your-face.

Disregard that, he's wearing a blue buttoned up shirt and his hair is looking clean.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Bootsy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bootsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 3:52am
I just caught the new commercial and pounced on my computer to post an update, but I see that several people beat me to it...

It's definitely an improvement over the "bum on a bender" commercials.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 3:23pm
I had to do a double take when I saw the new one. Sweet sainted mother of Barnum and Bailey - see what an iron and brush can accomplish!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
  Share Topic