Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by sweetalkn sweetalkn wrote:

Sorry Trivago but I'd f@%k the Travelocity gnome before this dumpster diver. Before they let him do this commercial he had to remove the wife beater he was wearing with the dollar menu and beer stains on it. You walk into a hotel room with this deviant and the next morning you wake up in the bathtub filled with ice and missing a kidney and part of your liver!
LOL!
Daaaaaamn! Do I know you?! 
You're a very special lady.Wink

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Clownloach64 Clownloach64 wrote:

He does appear to have spent many days with the bottle before landing this commercial. Couldn't he have taken a shower before hawking Trivago?His voice is odd as though he might originally have come from a different country.
He sounds like Nathan Fillion('Castle')...but otherwise kind of reminds me of a Mike Rowe-type...the kind of guy who thinks his feces is odor-free.
sweetalkn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetalkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:00am
Too harsh!?
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:09am
What a strong punch for a very first post Newbie!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Who are YOU to correct or comment on anyone else, 'tang?! UNLESS this is YOU in disguise again...so, unless it IS you AGAIN (and it isn't, that I'm certain), shut the f**k up.

Too harsh!?
Big smileLOLNot in the least bit! A refreshing dose of rapid well-thought 'real talk'. You sound like my best female friend that's not my wife. Welcome aboardThumbs Up 
~~~
We do have some younger members and I think some who might as well belong to the Temperance Movement Secret Police. Just keep a thick skin and don't let anyone do the below to you via posts.

Temperance illustration of drunkard hitting his wife
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:29am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Who are YOU to correct or comment on anyone else, 'tang?! UNLESS this is YOU in disguise again...so, unless it IS you AGAIN (and it isn't, that I'm certain), shut the f**k up.

Too harsh!?
Big smileLOLNot in the least bit! A refreshing dose of rapid well-thought 'real talk'. You sound like my best female friend that's not my wife. Welcome aboardThumbs Up 
~~~
We do have some younger members and I think some who might as well belong to the Temperance Movement Secret Police. Just keep a thick skin and don't let anyone do the below to you via posts.

Temperance illustration of drunkard hitting his wife

LOLLOLLOL

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
sweetalkn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetalkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:29am
Well..I was up all night (insomnia) and I read each and every posted comment. Didn't miss a single one. As I kept reading I have to admit I did get angrier and angrier as I agreed with most but blew a gasket with some. As I came to the end of my reading journey, page 11, I summed up the cons as some commenters got dreamy eyed for this disheveled dude and would walk off into the sunset with him without looking at some issues. Director you didn't do this poor actor any favors with that fiasco. This is a great forum I accidentally found after getting pissed at the umpteenth time I had to watch it. Sigh.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:45am

If you read early on, you know he is a Euro-Texan musician, or a Texan who was sent to Germany at an early age and left there (could he be Little Ricky Perry's long-lost smart twin brother? The one who got all the brains?). I don't know if he's still a practicing musician.

I've known many bilingual folks over time - many of the German-English have his accent.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 2:19am
I am not her, Pawolf!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:26am

If you read early on, you know he is a Euro-Texan musician, or a Texan who was sent to Germany at an early age and left there (could he be Little Ricky Perry's long-lost smart twin brother? The one who got all the brains?). I don't know if he's still a practicing musician.

I've known many bilingual folks over time - many of the German-English have his accent.
Ah! that makes sense. Now I get the scruffy bathing challenged look. Supposedly across the pond folks bathe less. A lot of Europeans feel we are anal about bathing.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 4:20am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Ah! that makes sense. Now I get the scruffy bathing challenged look. Supposedly across the pond folks bathe less. A lot of Europeans feel we are anal about bathing.
More than that, ZJ.
Some years back, deodorant, razor blades, scented soaps, toilet paper...all unnecessary commodities in any number of Euro (actually, just about anywhere outside the U.S. of A.) countries. Yea, this means you knew when women were 'going through changes'.
One memory burned into my brainlessness takes me back to when fishnet stockings were popular in Europe. Red ones were very popular. However, the fine art of female shaving was not yet popular, so you did indeed see women who looked like Magilla Gorilla in fishnet stockings dragging their little husbands around (especially in Italy). Don't even ask about armpit hair.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:22pm
I've seen the following 3 Trivago ads in the past couple days:
Tim Williams with the hyper Chihuahua, Lucky (about 10 times)
Tim Williams with the emu (About 2 or 3 times)
Tim Williams' first commercial when he looked like a bum (once).

Yes, I can't believe Trivago is showing the homeless Tim Williams ad still...that's from 2013!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 7:25am
Well, I've never seen a newbie post so strongly, as if she's been here for years. Hard to believe that this is her very first post. She posted like a long time CIH member.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:58am

Well, I've never seen a newbie post so strongly, as if she's been here for years. Hard to believe that this is her very first post. She posted like a long time CIH member.
And you post like a 10 year old and HAVE been here forever.

How IS a person supposed to post their first time?
The second time *I* posted the person that chewed me out for my first post quit on the spot, but she was a blonde - so, no surprise.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 1:47am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

I've seen the following 3 Trivago ads in the past couple days:
Tim Williams with the hyper Chihuahua, Lucky (about 10 times)
Tim Williams with the emu (About 2 or 3 times)
Tim Williams' first commercial when he looked like a bum (once).

Yes, I can't believe Trivago is showing the homeless Tim Williams ad still...that's from 2013!
LOLso...I take it  you haven't seen the Trivago cartoon - Tim Williams' friend, 'Jim the Hotel Owner'?

videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 11:57pm
I am surprised that this thread isn't a mile long -- oh, wait... it is.
Erick Cartman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erick Cartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 11:59pm
Trivago guy does look a little nicer this time around than the first commercial he was in.
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Erick Cartman Erick Cartman wrote:

Trivago guy does look a little nicer this time around than the first commercial he was in.

Trivago guy always looks sloppy, like a bum.
Erick Cartman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erick Cartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 12:05am
Originally posted by videotapeguy videotapeguy wrote:

Originally posted by Erick Cartman Erick Cartman wrote:

Trivago guy always looks sloppy, like a bum.

But this time, he looks like a more put together bum than the first one. LOL. The first one, he looked like he just woken up from a hard night of drinking and had spent the majority of the rest of the night begging strangers on the streets to let him crash for the night. LOL.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 12:40am
well you can feel pretty sure SOME form of negative feedback that impacted these boneheads cerebellum (slightly) has caused a minor grooming UPSURGE in ol' Chewbaccos persona

conversely, the ad where he LOVINGLY looks back at his former self is a real GERD JERKER
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:57am
That's called a Shelter and that's not at all that funny. Let's see how much you're laughing when YOU need help!
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

That's called a Shelter and that's not at all that funny. Let's see how much your laughing when YOU need help!

S/B you're.  I can't believe the prestigious all-boy Big Johnson Academy of aspiring writers gave you a diploma.
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 1:22pm
So I made a typo. Bite me. Plus, what the f**k is Johnson Academy?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:12pm

LOLLOL
Nice to see you are out making new fiends, Donalvin.  Tongue
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 6:29pm

How did you know I was into biting?Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic