Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 4:40pm
welcome, jjhonebean (cool name!) I saw a series of these the other day and in one his hair on the left side of his head is sticking straight out. They must have run a bunch of these because, although he's clad in the same rumpled clothes, his hair is smoothed down.

I think of the movie "The Lost Weekend" every time I see these commercials.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

Hoagie78 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoagie78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 5:08pm
I found Trivago dude's profile on this german web site:
http://www.inka-stelljes.de/index.php/t/gallery/dir/actors/d/1/s/m/a/a31_tim_williams. -
jjhoneybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjhoneybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 10:15pm
Hi Madowee, your name is cool too...actually I mis-typed my user name..it's jjhoneybean...
Well, in any event, I have to correct you...Ray Milland actually looked quite debonaire compared to "Gray Guy", which I named him...I know, I know, he didn't look so great when he was binging, but what's this guy's excuse?

FireFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 3:01am
Originally posted by NeilHamburgerFan NeilHamburgerFan wrote:

Any one else think that is a crazy choice for a spokesperson? He looks like a sloppy homeless guy who needs to button two more buttons on his shirt. Trivago is a German company but they really need to get different commercials for the American market- yikes!
I know EXACTLY what you mean. He looks like an out of work coked-out actor who was picked for this because of his willingness to work for smack.

Either this was incredibly smart or stupid. Stupid because anytime I hear Trivago I'll think of this train wreck or brilliant because perhaps that's their target demographic. Either way, I've seen this commercial one too many times; enough to google who the hell this guy is and sure enough this was the first search result. In my professional opinion, that's a pretty beaming sign to think about a different career. He just doesn't go with the camera. I don't either, but then again I'm the head of a software company. He looks like he got lost in the late 80s or 90s and never quite left the party. Now he needs a cheap motel to live in.   
DerSchuhmacher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DerSchuhmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 8:07am
Again, very shallow if you judge a woman because she did not shave. And even the women over in Europe who don't shave or wear deoderant, take baths or showers a LOT to stay clean. And yes I do know, I have been over there enough.

To scorn people the way you guys are, definitely is not conducive to nice, decent people. I feel sorry for a majority of you. When you learn what's important, like what's on the inside, then there will be some hope.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 1:21pm

Trivago Man certainly does seem to rile a lot of people up.  Four pages worth.  It's not just here, though.  It's all over the 'net.  Same complaints.

He doesn't really bug me.

jjhoneybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jjhoneybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 2:14pm
Either this was a serious mistake on Trivago's part or the grandest plan ever! Will any of us ever forget the name of this company? Whether the public will buy it or not is still to be determined...

To the person who feels that we are all so terrible...remember, you are on a website named, "Commercials You Hate!!!"

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by DerSchuhmacher DerSchuhmacher wrote:

Again, very shallow if you judge a woman because she did not shave. And even the women over in Europe who don't shave or wear deoderant, take baths or showers a LOT to stay clean. And yes I do know, I have been over there enough.

To scorn people the way you guys are, definitely is not conducive to nice, decent people. I feel sorry for a majority of you. When you learn what's important, like what's on the inside, then there will be some hope.

I'll go to confession and say a dozen Hail Mary's.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I'll go to confession and say a dozen Hail Mary's.

I won't. I've spent half of my military career in Europe. I have a lot of European friends that I keep in touch with, and some have even travelled here to visit me. That being said unshaven legs on women are unattractive to a lot of people. Dirty unwashed people are off putting to many people. The unwashed, non-bathing person may be a saint, and God bless 'em, but I'm not about to feel bad about pointing it out on an internet forum because an anonymous internet voice thinks I don't know what is important.

Heck, even my wife who is accepting of anyone has said "Trivago Guy looks like he smells like a trash".
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 3:36pm

I've known plenty of Europeans, and they didn't smell.  However, I'll bet the smell of the unwashed European is historically why the French are so big in the perfume industry.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've known plenty of Europeans, and they didn't smell.  However, I'll bet the smell of the unwashed European is historically why the French are so big in the perfume industry.

I grew up around them. You are a fibber.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 4:15am

When you learn what's important, like what's on the inside, then there will be some hope.

It looks like what's on the inside of him is a lot of cheap booze.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

When you learn what's important, like what's on the inside, then there will be some hope.

LOLLOLLOL!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Beckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

LOL.

2 points.  First, had you ever heard of trivago before the Malaysian missing plane?   I didn't, but now suddenly their goddamn commercial is on every channel, literally all the time.  If, as it seems, they've hugely ramped up their air times becuase of the plane story, Trivago management is horrible worthless human trash.  So is CNN for their 24/7 coverage, but that's already well-known.

Speaking of which, the trivago spokesman. :D  He's a moron.  What are the chances he finished high school?  Or that his IQ is above zero?  Yeah, zero.  Go back to a life of petty crime you simpleton.  :D  (That was a joke, btw.  i'm not seriously saying he steals skittles and transit passes from the corner store)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Beckler Beckler wrote:

2 points.  First, had you ever heard of trivago before the Malaysian missing plane?   I didn't, but now suddenly their goddamn commercial is on every channel, literally all the time.  If, as it seems, they've hugely ramped up their air times becuase of the plane story, Trivago management is horrible worthless human trash.  So is CNN for their 24/7 coverage, but that's already well-known.

Naaah.  Even just this thread goes back to last June.  It's aired a lot, non-stop, since then.  I don't think the Malaysian thing is related.  If it gets ramped up, it's when travel seasons are upcoming...and that could be summer, holidays, spring break, etc.

Breaks407 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Breaks407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 5:22pm
Yes I got to agree with most everyone about this guys appearance. The voice doesn't bother me so much but you would think that a company would choose someone more kept to represent them. This douche looks like an old scruffy barfly that stumbled out of the pub after a night of alcoholic drinking. The first time I saw this commercial I thought this guy looked like he was smoking weed based on his glossy eyes
Is his torso really that long or is he trying to sag those skinny jeans. The no belt thing really gets me. Overall, a horrible choice for a spokesperson
Breaks407 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaks407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 5:42pm

Tell us, are you one of those stinky, non shaving, non deodorant, no shower Euro's? Nothing worse than someone without personal hygiene. Getting stuck in close quarters with these beasts is torture . And yes I judge any woman who does shave or smell feminine and I'm not talking about the fish or onion smell.   Lol.
Hoagie78 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoagie78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 1:55pm
Sadly, Trivago guy looks like the vast majority of the public today. The most dirty/scruffy/dressed down a person can get is what the style is. I don't understand it, but I see it everywhere.  

Look at the scuzz bag they have doing the Vonage ads and that 70'skeezer they were using for Progressive.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Breaks407 Breaks407 wrote:

Tell us, are you one of those stinky, non shaving, non deodorant, no shower Euro's? Nothing worse than someone without personal hygiene. Getting stuck in close quarters with these beasts is torture . And yes I judge any woman who does shave or smell feminine and I'm not talking about the fish or onion smell.   Lol.

As I said, I've lived in Europe for at least half of my military career. (most regulars here know I retired a year ago) It may be a cultural thing, but I agree with you Breaks407.

I worked at a NATO assignment for a few years, doing tech support. It was basically a school for NATO officers and NCOs and one class had an exercise in a small room. It was spring there, not very hot, but a warm day. Still there were about 6 European officers from various countries in this room....and they STUNK. I'm not talking about a little sweaty funk smell, I mean, like "JEEZUZ I CAN'T BREATH! NONE OF THESE GUYS SHOWERED TODAY!". I had to go in to repair a printer connection and I won't lie, I told them I had to wait until lunch whgen no one was in the room to do it. Because the odor was just too freakin' bad. ...and before you can say maybe it was me, the instructor and his assistant (French and English guys) knew why I said that and told me Yeah, those guys didn't bathe and they smell like ****".
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
kevint29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevint29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:34am
I found this site when I Googled "Trivago smell homeless foreigner" and was surprised and kind of happy for some reason. It does f-ing annoy me. Now that I said what I came for, I feel tired and a bit sad. Bye.
kevint29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevint29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:48am
This Fing guy is really pissing me off. I simply Googled "Trivago smelly homeless foreigner" and found this website and after following your link, I am really agitated and pissed. I think Id throw something at the dog if that commercial came on anytime soon. or throw the dog at the tv. I gotta go.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 4:30pm
I saw a different Trivago commercial this morning. The Trivago guy has apparently not showered or changed his funky clothes in how many Months?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by kevint29 kevint29 wrote:

This Fing guy is really pissing me off. I simply Googled "Trivago smelly homeless foreigner" and found this website and after following your link, I am really agitated and pissed. I think Id throw something at the dog if that commercial came on anytime soon. or throw the dog at the tv. I gotta go.

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
felanie77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felanie77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 7:00am
OMG! i'm so glad i found this forum! i had posted a message on trivago's facebook page about how gross and disgusting their spokesperson is. he looks like some eurotrash asshole who's been up on a coke/sleazy sex binge for 3 days! and now there's a new commercial and he looks just as horribly gross as ever. doesn't that guy bathe? i got lots of mssgs. on fb. about what i wrote on their page, about him, and i was so glad i wasn't the only one who'd noticed how messed up that guy is! lol i thought maybe i was being hyper-critical. when i saw the new ad tonight, i went to their facebook page again to ask them why they keep showing his stinkyass and they don't have an official facebook page anymore. was it something i said? PLEASE someone, make that hideous ass go away! i'm just glad there's no smellovision.Dead
offcourse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offcourse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 2:49am
It is nice to know I am not alone in my utter amazement at Trivago's choice of spokesperson.  I would say disgust, but I just can't blame that actor.  
I watched a commercial being filmed once and they were so extremely picky about every little thing - for example, the guy's neck looked too long so they got him a different shirt with a collar that was higher so he would look more proportional.  Took a while and in the mean time he needed to stand on a footstool, but then it was 1/2 inch at a time they were making adjustments etc...(the process to get one line of the commercial filmed took forever).  
My point is WHY would they not get some makeup on this guy that makes more sense than the red chest, bobbing white adams apple and pallor of death face color.   - and so if its not the make up then why not fix the lighting?? 
Sigh of relief... I am glad I found this forum.  Thanks for letting me vent.  
If Trivalgo is looking for customers they just lost me as a prospect. I shall forever call them the three lazy guys company as somebody posted here before me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic