Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dr. Oz "Funniest Medical Mishaps" show??? Really??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr. Oz "Funniest Medical Mishaps" show??? Really??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr. Oz "Funniest Medical Mishaps" show??? Really??
    Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 5:19am
He better be careful WHERE he's zapping. Jeremy might enjoy it. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Admittedly, I've never watched his show, so I don't know what kind of issues he focuses on.

Though, if a person is repeatedly having, or causing relationship issues, you could apply cognitive methods including behaviour modification to correct this - depending on the source of the problem.

Dr. Phil:  "Now, Jeremy, every time you touch yourself, I'm going to zap you with this Tazer."

Jeremy:  "But..."  <zaappp!>  "Owwwww!"

Dr. Phil:  "Don't touch yourself."

Jeremy:   "I didn't..."  <zaappp-zaappp!>

Dr. Phil:  "Jeremy..."

<zaappp>  <zaappp>  <zaappp>

Dr. Phil:  "I said STOP DOING THAT!"

(Dr. Phil then tazes Jeremy into a quivering unconscious heap....)

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 4:10am

Admittedly, I've never watched his show, so I don't know what kind of issues he focuses on.

Though, if a person is repeatedly having, or causing relationship issues, you could apply cognitive methods including behaviour modification to correct this - depending on the source of the problem.

Yeah, I've never really watched it either, so I can't say for sure.

I was just going by what I've read & heard.

He's pretty good when he's on Letterman.

Always a good-natured put down contest because Dave makes so many jokes about him.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 3:59am

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 3:23am

^Well, it depends on the method they prescribe to.

Cognitive/Behavioural will be more likely to advise and instruct in methods to overcome.

Psychodynamic (More similar to Freud's original model/method) is more likely to - as you said - allow the person to come to their own healing, over the course of years sometimes.

You're talking about Behavior Modification therapy.

That's a whole different field.

Counseling people on personal or relationship problems rarely if ever involves giving patients direct "You should do/think this or stop doing/thinking that." advice.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 1:42am
^Well, it depends on the method they prescribe to.

Cognitive/Behavioural will be more likely to advise and instruct in methods to overcome.

Psychodynamic (More similar to Freud's original model/method) is more likely to - as you said - allow the person to come to their own healing, over the course of years sometimes.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think "Dr. Phil is a joke" has been its own joke for so long, that people just accept it.  I don't think he's that bad.  From what I've seen, he seems reasonable.  Granted, I haven't seen that much of his show.

The problem with Dr. Phil as I understand it, is that he gives advice.

Real psychologists don't give patients advice, they sort of guide them into finding their own answers or at least identifying & better understanding the roots of their problem & how to deal with it given that understanding.

I dunno. He just seems like a typical TV circus act to me.

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 11:29pm
Never heard of the guy(show) myself, but I bet it's gonna be a knee-slapping funny time.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 9:25pm

I think "Dr. Phil is a joke" has been its own joke for so long, that people just accept it.  I don't think he's that bad.  From what I've seen, he seems reasonable.  Granted, I haven't seen that much of his show.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 9:07pm
Jim, You really need to invest in a better TV experience.
We never watch Dr. Shnoz.
The wife likes Dr. Phil, We had a rambuctious teen girl in the house not to long ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 6:00pm
Thank Oprah.

For him AND "Dr." Phil.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:57pm
Well, as someone who's done massive damage to the way idiots approach diet, nutrition, and health in general, this might be the least offensive thing he's done.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:53pm
So later today, on his latest "gimmick" show, Dr. Shnoz is going to have as his guest, the host of America's Funniest Videos (or whatever it's called) & with him, he is bringing at the request of Dr. Shnoz, a collection culled from 23 years of programs, of the funniest "medical mishap" videos, which he promises will have his viewers "in stitches".

Gee, I wonder what kind of medical mishaps could be so hilarious as to merit an entire episode of Shnoz...

The hilarious instance where a surgeon drops his scalpel-sharp scalpel point first onto a patient's exposed heart?

"Wow!!! Look at Old Faithful go!!!!"

Or maybe the one where the nurse accidentally gave a patient the wrong medication which resulted in a severe reaction that caused his throat to swell shut?

"Isn't his face the prettiest shade of blue you've ever seen???"

And then there was the one where they amputated the wrong leg!!! "

"At least the hospital won't have to worry about getting sued now... because the guy does't have a leg to stand on!!!!"

Yukitty yuk yuk yuk!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh, that Dr. Oz.... never stops finding ways to entertain & inform....

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic