Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Wick 'Freshmatic'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Wick 'Freshmatic'
    Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 5:16pm
Ummmm...I just can't decide.

Sure seemed I left a stick of deodorant open, somewhere around the oven...and it took me 3 days to discover the 'source'. It was in our bedroom - but the scent would slowly, lightly, and gradually find its way throughout the house. Not wanting to ASK (hey - it's a 'man thing', dontcha know), I sniffed this one out moments ago.
Kind of nice, but if you don't know it was 'done to you', it leaves you wondering where that scent is coming from! Again, it is very light, so it isn't bad - but it is aggravating when that 'open stick of deodorant' eludes you. 

MissyD is at work, so we'll have a chat when she gets home. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:03pm
Is this the one that sprays a little scent? It's a little white plastic gizmo that sprays a scent on a timer. Works pretty good.   
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:18pm
That's the one, Tiz.
Yes, they do work pretty darned good.
And yes...they multiply like cockroaches - I found ANOTHER one in the house...but it does smell nice (I can quit checking my armpits, I guess - it isn't me).
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:42pm
Hope MissyD has them hung kinda high. You don't want to stick your face in front of one and get blasted. Mine came with some kind of lavender scent which I hated. Got some orange/mango scent in it now......more manly, ya know.Embarrassed
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:53pm

Actually, when I found the first, I picked it up and 'looked closely' at the brand name - right as I accidently pressed the little blue button.

The thing was pointed at my face.

It has taken *two* (count 'em - 2) beers to get the taste out of my mouth....

(MissyD, recently home, is still rolling on the floor...)
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:08pm
I just love that you guys are talking about air fresheners.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:10pm
Wimmins!!!

Of course we are!

But I'm a victim.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:41pm
Okay we've got a plug in air freshener in the kitchen (mom bought it) and it's right above the cats bowl so we end up with a smell that stinks like bad perfume and it almost makes me feel sick, but I somehow I bare it.

It's just one of those smells that don't go well with the kitchen you know? I forgot what brand it was I'll check.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 11:33pm
I am sure the cat loves the tasteWink  I am a fan of scented candles, I like the big ones but they can be difficult to light so I bought one of those coffee cup warmers and just set the candles on that.  Works great.  The last time I bought the Glade container with the batteries, as the can emptied the spray just started to slowly ooze out of the can and onto the table that I had it set on.  I am glad it wasn't a fancy wood table or anything.  It would have ruined the finish.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:16am
Bathroom sprays never really work, I keep threatening to replace  labels with names like, sh*t in the snow, or raining waste or maybe breaking wind!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 11:21pm
AHA!

I checked the name it's called Feliway it's supposed to modify the cats behavior to keep them from pissing all over the place.

I guess it's better than the alternative.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Bathroom sprays never really work, I keep threatening to replace  labels with names like, sh*t in the snow, or raining waste or maybe breaking wind!

THERE YA GO AGAIN, BM!!!!

Quick! Start designing the labels; *I* can provide the necessary 'ingredients'; we can make MILLIONS, marketing through 'Spencer's Gifts'...Big%20smile

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 4:20pm
You're on Pa!!!Clap and just for you, I will design a label for the latest freshener........TURDS IN THE WATERFALL!!LOL
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 12:29am

Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I just love that you guys are talking about air fresheners.

LOL Hey HollyRock, it's a far sight better than the kind of SCENTS we men usually talk about huh....OH WAIT...........scuse me................Shy%20Whistler
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 7:39pm
Wild, you're a 'fart smeller!'LOL
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 7:42pm
LOL You guys up for a little game of musical anuses!!??!! Sniff the Mystery Ass maybe???
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 8:42pm
Kobe, tell me how my ass taste.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic