Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Magnum: Not the gold he was expecting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magnum: Not the gold he was expecting
    Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 10:04pm
Damn it, I'm sick of this ad!

This commercial features a guy and a girl breaking into a vault full of ice cream.

Who the f**k would store millions of pounds of gold colored ice cream, in a vault?

WTF?

Not funny at all!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 10:47pm
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 11:11pm
Yep, that's the one!

So annoying after the 600th time!
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 9:44pm
Maybe it's just me, but the gold color of that ice cream doesn't make it look appetizing to me.
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but the gold color of that ice cream doesn't make it look appetizing to me.

Yes! I totally agree. The color reminds me of ear wax.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:23pm
Ear wax ice cream eeeeeeewwww    
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:50pm
Reminds me of poor Dumbledore. First time eating Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour beans since he was a child...and the first one he gets is earwax. XD

I have to admit, I actually liked this ad. Mind you, in the past three weeks I've only seen it aired once.

I agree, the colour looks off. Maybe they can come out with Rose Gold and White Gold versions.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:54pm
Ear wax ice cream puts me in the mind of those gross flavored Jelly Belly jelly beans.

But yeah, how come I can't see the perp's breath in a vault cold enough to store all that ice cream? And let's not overlook the cutting of the wire. Any wire carrying enough juice to blackout half a city would turn Mr. Perp into a poof of dust with the quickness.

I ate the grass and dirt jelly beans together, btw, and called my creation "sod". It was gross, but not as gross as "spaghetti", which was indistinguishable from "vomit".
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:19pm
Ugh! What made you eat those things? They sound disgusting!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:49am

I got some of those Jelly Bellys when I visited the JB factory some years back.  I gave 'em to a friend's 6 y/o.  He verified that vomit tasted like vomit.  Didn't stop him from finishing the box, though.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Ugh! What made you eat those things? They sound disgusting!

They were disgusting, and I think one of them was indeed ear wax. The lot of us Hillbillys ate them in a Fear Factor-esque Christmas gathering gag. (pun always intended) You had to eat one of every flavor in the box to get a drawing for a surprise Christmas stocking.

But, think about it. I only ate one of each for a chance at a prize, what about the poor schmuck whose job it is to ensure the flavors are accurate?

"Nope, that doesn't quite taste like puke yet, Jim, might want to add a couple more drops of bile."

Thor, were they the Harry Potter set? Dead

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:09am

^  Yes.  I think they had just been introduced.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I was never much of a fan of dipped ice cream, anyway.  I used to eat all the coating first so that I'd end up with just the vanilla.  That's the part I wanted.

Never liked dipped soft-serve much either.  Usually, the dips were strawberry or chocolate.  One place near my bro's, though, offers a bright red cherry-flavored dip.  That was pretty good.

hour_glass View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hour_glass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 5:43pm
This doesn't make me want to go and buy that crap.
The "gold" seems to me to be old and past-it's-prime ice cream... yick.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 8:02am
the noise she makes when she bites into the bar drives me up the wall. it's another example of exaggerated sound effects. no one makes that noise when they bite into an ice cream bar. my mom can make eating bread pudding sound like rocks and i don't even think she sounds that noisy eating one of these.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic