Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mermaids (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mermaids (video)
    Posted: 25 May 2013 at 9:02pm
No, for real.Ermm New evidence and everything on Animal Planet.
Sponsored Links

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 11:57pm
Oh, I thought you meant the movie from 1990, which is one of my all-time favorites!  Wink
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 9:42pm
So they're trying to argue that they're real? I thought they were sailors' fantasies!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

So they're trying to argue that they're real? I thought they were sailors' fantasies!

More likely the stories were started by sailors who were victims of dolphin rape* Shocked and told a totally different tale to hide the shame....

*  Go ahead, gooogle it, I dare ya!  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:24am

Of course mermaids exist...they protect the unicorns inhabiting the continent of Atlantis from sea serpents.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:34pm
Animal Planet is really diverting away from it's niche, that was the reason for being on the air in the first place!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:42pm
^^ Yeah they have crap now like "River Monsters," "Tanked" (aquarium builders), and now some show about treehouse builders.  Seriously, why?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:48pm
Agreed, Whatever happened to shows about dogs, cats, horses,and elephants etc.? I miss Planet's Funniest Animals!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 5:14pm

I find Animal Planet's "Dogs 101" and "Too Cute" a good antidote to all the news I tend to watch.  It's kinda therapeutic.  Pure escapism.  But "Mermaids" is just way too out there.  I'd probably find myself getting pissed that anyone would believe this stuff.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 5:35pm
^^  "Too Cute" is the perfect title for that show.  It's also remarkable how puppies & kittens have the same or similar personality quirks & traits at just a few days old as they do once they've been fully weened and are available for adoption. 

"Bad Dog!" is a good one, too. It's funny and has all different kinds of pets that are mischievous but their antics are too cute to be angry at them.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^  "Too Cute" is the perfect title for that show.  It's also remarkable how puppies & kittens have the same or similar personality quirks & traits at just a few days old as they do once they've been fully weened and are available for adoption. 

"Bad Dog!" is a good one, too. It's funny and has all different kinds of pets that are mischievous but their antics are too cute to be angry at them.

At least they still have those shows, if it weren't for them, I'd stop watching Animal Planet altogether!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:14pm
Same here ... I just hope that with all this new crap they're coming out with that those shows don't start getting phased out. Unfortunately that has seemed to be the trend with other channels the past few years Angry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:26pm

I found that with my first three cats (all brothers from the same litter).  The personalities I got them with when they were young, have remained all their lives.  They're now 11 y/o (except for the bro who died at 9).

This is what I tell people who are looking to adopt an animal.  Don't bypass the shy one.  They're often the ones who turn out to be most affectionate.  That would be my Mickey, who hid under a bed for the first 5 days after I got him.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:28pm
Believe me, if the new.owners had their way all pet-centric shows would be canceled in favor of shows about parasite infestations, mermaid sightings, tree houses, and monsters of the river!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:36pm
Imagine the commercial line up for this show?

"Mermaids, being brought to you by the makers of Big Foot Root Beer, Loch Ness Tires and Sasquatch Popcorn!"
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

"Mermaids, being brought to you by the makers of Big Foot Root Beer, Loch Ness Tires and Sasquatch Popcorn!"

The show is filmed in Atlantis Studios, a Roswell Crashlanding production.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:04pm

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

The show is filmed in Atlantis Studios, a Roswell Crashlanding production.

LOL you guys!

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 11:08pm
I think it is coincidence but the movie Mermaids (1990, Cher...) started playing in rotation on one of the 270s channels--272, 273, 274, so I don't think it was planned to coincide with the "reality show" mermaids.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 4:06am
I like Fatal Attractions on Animal Planet.  It's about people who keep dangerous animals as pets and think they have all the power in the world to tame them!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I find Animal Planet's "Dogs 101" and "Too Cute" a good antidote to all the news I tend to watch.  It's kinda therapeutic.  Pure escapism.  But "Mermaids" is just way too out there.  I'd probably find myself getting pissed that anyone would believe this stuff.

What I hate the most is implying that a recent discovery has "proved" the existence of mythical creatures, UFOs, whatever. The content of the program ends up being old/new made up s**t.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 6:27pm
^^ And CGI I'm sure.  I saw a preview for the Mermaid show where one was apparently on a rock and dove into the ocean, and it had CGI written all over it.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

What I hate the most is implying that a recent discovery has "proved" the existence of mythical creatures, UFOs, whatever. The content of the program ends up being old/new made up s**t.

Kinda like finding "fresh" Sasquatch footy prints. Wonder if those experts ever found one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic