Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm...please just cut it out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm...please just cut it out
    Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 5:22am
I'm getting amused by the letters State Farm keeps sending every few months begging me to come back to them for 3 times the amount I'm paying for insurance elsewhere.  Oh yes, please keep wasting that postage....  Big smile
Sponsored Links

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 6:04am
According to ispot.tv - 22,531 times on TV that the "Insurance find me money" ad has aired. Should have stopped at 22! It's annoying and I'm sick of it!
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Ok, seriously, I know these commercials have been on the air and discussed here in the past, but recently the State Farm "insurance find me money" and "can I get a hot tub" ads have been nonstop. Lots of commercials get a lot of play but man, these ones suck so much they make me actively hate state farm and everyone that associated with them.

...and these commercials don't tell me ANYTHING about the insurance. Hate on Flo and Progessive as much as you want, but at least the commercials tell you something realistic about their policies. Hate the Gecko, Pig or whatever for GEICO but at least they talk about the company and what you can get. A bunch of idiots getting a sandwich, a girl from "four E" and a hot tub for a broken window only makes me hate them. Two stupid chicks buying a purse that doesn't even look that great? Bah.

Spo please, State Farm...stop.

I couldn't agree more. And just when you think it can't get any worse than the can I get a hot tub and the girl from 4E...they do the unthinkable. They make a mix tape of can I get a hot tub and play the sound bite over and over again. I just want to kick that kid in the face and watch him fall out the window onto the sidewalk below. You sir get a body bag not a hot tub.
JeromeCharles View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeromeCharles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 6:06am
It just came on and because my clicker wasn't close enough to me I couldn't mute it in time. That woman with the annoying tone deaf voice drives me batty!Dead
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

Mr. Flavor, why was the young lady in the commercial trying so hard to get a damn dollar.  She should have been disgusted with the dollar....  Like the stripper in City High's "What Would You Do?" video where the customer has a bunch of money in his hand, and yet throws one dollar at her....  The angry disgust in her eyes was chilling...  It was like, "I know I deserve so much more money than a damn dollar." 

Not sure why she wants the dollar so much unless there's a vending machine somewhere off-screen and she doesn't have any cash. It is possible to deduce that she doesn't work in a Gentleman's Club because that is not how strippers acquire individual dollar bills. I asked my cousin, MrSmell, for his technical opinion and was told that grabbing a dollar from that angle without the aide of a fire pole would almost certainly have to employ a handstand.
Redbeard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 2:38am
Back in the 60's and 70's, State Farm was ranked among the 2 or 3 best insurance companies in the world. Now they're somewhere in the middle of the pack.   I don't like any of the insurance commercials.
Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 2:27am
Diii, dont have insurance so person find me moneyyy?
I dont have insurance, so person come help!
Can I get a hot tub?? (Of course)
Duu-its Jake... from State Farm....
and lastly and most ubiquitously annoying, the stupid little tone-jingle at the end of all of them. Blecghchgh I vomit on you, State Farm. From hells heart, I stab at thee.
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 2:17pm
Mr. Flavor, why was the young lady in the commercial trying so hard to get a damn dollar.  She should have been disgusted with the dollar....  Like the stripper in City High's "What Would You Do?" video where the customer has a bunch of money in his hand, and yet throws one dollar at her....  The angry disgust in her eyes was chilling...  It was like, "I know I deserve so much more money than a damn dollar." 
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 7:17pm
The Two Girls, One Purse ad has that creepy old man teasing the girl with a dollar like he's trying to get her off a fire-pole. Something about his baggy hip-waders, his voice, and the fact that it sort of looks like he's normally used to kidnapping children make the ad unpleasant.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:42pm
These commercials make the early to mid 2000s "Like a good neighbor,State Farm is there" commercials look like masterpieces!

An example:
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
VincentPrice View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VincentPrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:29pm
'CAN I GET A HOT TUB'

That guy deserves to be euthanized
dallas75216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dallas75216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:24pm
the mime commercial for state farm
the white d-bag trying to sound like he's black kid
I would pay to see that clown get smacked around to knock the Aaa- hole out of him

"schmuckie the talent scout hires doooshy the white turd to do a black babies voice>
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by timdubya timdubya wrote:

Wait till football season... and the Aaron Rodgers Discount Double-Check ads return.  Maybe they will throw money at Billy (White Shoes) Johnson and have his 1970s touchdown dance describe some other State Farm policy.

It's worse... they've dug up the Chicago "Da Bears" Superfans George Wendt and Robert Smigel to co-star with Mr. Rodgers. Complete with the fat cheesehead ginger dork at the end. It's just not going away, folks.

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:18pm
I still see these commercials every so often and I can't stand them! What's worse is in my living room I have a home theater system and everytime one of those dorks appear with that grating sound effect, my speakers just BLARE that sound, even with the sound turned down. It's almost like nails on a chalkboard with that sound.
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

I'm never gonna get state farm insurance or Geico.

not like they care though, they make enough money.

GEICO's commercials are mind-destroying but I do have a policy with them. They actually did save me a fair bit of money (about $40 a month) on other plans. I have to grit my teeth when I think of how much money I'm contributing towards the upkeep of those damned gecko ads, but that's teh price you pay.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 8:00pm
Yeah,  all the rest of insurance companies are in business don't care about making money.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 7:08pm
I'm never gonna get state farm insurance or Geico.

not like they care though, they make enough money.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 6:28pm
I agree that the commercials suck and don't tell you anything about State Farm. But I've been with State Farm since 1990, and I'm very happy with them. When I transferred my coverage  from California to South Carolina, they had to give me the same discounts they gave me in California, even though they weren't required to give those discounts in SC. And when I had my first accident EVER, even though it was my fault, there was accident forgiveness: my rates did not go up. (However, their rule is that if I have a second accident, I'll be charged with the first one as well. I forgot to ask how long that stays in effect.)
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 5:30am
Originally posted by dizrythmia dizrythmia wrote:

it's gotten to the point where there's as many if not more car insurance ads than medical ads. people aren't going to switch insurance companies every month (can you even do that?), so just...ease up guys. state farm, geico, and progressive are the worst. but there's others like farmers and liberty mutual that advertise too, and no one has good commercials.

i think customers care more about lower rates and that the company will pay if you file a claim rather than that they have the most brand recognition.
You're right. It seems that a huge number of ads are for car insurance, cell phone service and cable/broadband service...none of which are easy or cheap to change in most cases. I;m nearly 50 and have only used three different car insurance companies in the last 25 years.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 5:15am
it's gotten to the point where there's as many if not more car insurance ads than medical ads. people aren't going to switch insurance companies every month (can you even do that?), so just...ease up guys. state farm, geico, and progressive are the worst. but there's others like farmers and liberty mutual that advertise too, and no one has good commercials.

i think customers care more about lower rates and that the company will pay if you file a claim rather than that they have the most brand recognition.
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Two things make me hate State Farm:

1) These commercials.
2) State Farm.

My parents have been loyal customers for 30+ years, but State Farm does them no favors whatsoever. It's a long, boring story, but I hope they switch to something better ASAP. I'm so lucky to have USAA thanks to my father-in-law. I actually feel kind of guilty having such great insurance without "earning" it.
State Farm is outrageously expensive insurance even for drivers with pristine records. I hate the politics of Progressive more than I hate Flo, but at 20% less than any other provider, I'm a customer.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

One of the worst ad campaigns ever. If you watch baseball on a Fox Sports network, you're subjected to these every night, EVERY BREAK.

If I have to hear that douche say "And can I get a hot tub?!?" one more time I'm gonna lose it. No, you can't get a sandwich or a free hot tub because your window was broken.

You'd be lucky to get a response via email a week after you filed the claim, and they would probably find a way to blame you for the damage, and not pay out to fix it. Insurance companies are criminal bastards, and the overload of commercials is getting out of hand.

I hate everyone in that ad so much. It sucks on so many levels I think its only aired to punish us.

1. Are they in an apartment? It seems like it, especially since they make it a point to mention and show "The girl in 4E". But if its an apartment, wouldn't you call the manager to fox the window? Sure the guy could have renters insurance, but I don't even know if that covers a broken window. Even if it does wouldn't you tell the manager FIRST instead of claiming a broken window by your insurance policy?
2. Why would you expect State Farm to magically beam you a sandwich? If they could, wouldn't you wish for a better sandwich? The one the guy gets looks like 2 pieces of bread with nothing in between.
3. I guess State Farm agents advocate kidnapping since they use their power of time and space to snatch the girl from 4E.
4.What was that window made of? Because if a broken window somehow is worth the price of HOT TUB I'll break one of my windows right now.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 10:47am
I like the sandwich and hot tub one. It serves as a reminder to me that I'm going to get a check.. not an actual window, and as long as I don't mind a drafty sheet of plastic duct taped over the broken glass, I can buy fun things with the money I get from little Timmy sending me a pop fly.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 7:46am
One of the worst ad campaigns ever. If you watch baseball on a Fox Sports network, you're subjected to these every night, EVERY BREAK.

If I have to hear that douche say "And can I get a hot tub?!?" one more time I'm gonna lose it. No, you can't get a sandwich or a free hot tub because your window was broken.

You'd be lucky to get a response via email a week after you filed the claim, and they would probably find a way to blame you for the damage, and not pay out to fix it. Insurance companies are criminal bastards, and the overload of commercials is getting out of hand.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 4:02am
Can't quite figure out the 'Jerry Newman' ones.  State Farm dumps him and he keeps trying to get back with them?  Must be Stockholm Syndrome....
When I called to cancel my SF policies, the agent had the tone of an ice queen.  They still keep sending me crap to come back to them.  Sorry buds, I switched to get both my cars and house insurance handled by the same company.  For cheaper.  Not going to pay an extra 50% just for a brand name....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic