Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Debbie "suck up for treats" (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little Debbie "suck up for treats" (video)
    Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 11:48pm
ConfusedI'm just SO damned glad the little tuna already took her shower and the spermmistake did some homework that I could cry.
But I'm not about to.
Because Dad is an idiot and the baby is CLEARLY 'possessed'.
Isn't it simply wonderful that 'Mom' is 'Thinking Healthy Diets'? She should write a book.
Sure glad that isn't OUR family.
If *I* wanted 'Little Debbies' THAT bad, I'd have 'em, no matter the kids are crying. their piggy banks broken. and the baby will be screaming at the top of its lungs from the closet where I left the little snot-nosed puke.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 11:57pm
Oh my, there is definitely something creepy about that baby. I don't like the way he smiled with his eyebrows all raised. That ain't right.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

Oh my, there is definitely something creepy about that baby. I don't like the way he smiled with his eyebrows all raised. That ain't right.

Agreed.
That baby creeps me out.
Time for an exorcism.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:50am

Mom puts out an actual tray of the snack cakes?  Who does that?  Is that gonna be their dinner?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:52am

Got a point there - 'Cooking' is clearly not one of 'Mom's' strong points.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:57am

^  Looking at the bag of groceries and seeing nothing but the Little Debbie snack cakes, that must be the case.

I could live with that.

ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 6:22am
^ And why not? As is narrated in the commercial, "There's nothing like the "fresh-baked taste of Little Debbie snacks to bring a family together".

Fresh-baked taste? Riiiight. I've never thought a Little Debbie snack tasted fresh-baked. If anything, it's been the exact opposite. They seem to me to be some of the most preservative-laden products out there. I'm almost gagging just thinking about that frosting-like substance on their "cakes". 
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 6:34am
Originally posted by ADamant ADamant wrote:

^ And why not? As is narrated in the commercial, "There's nothing like the "fresh-baked taste of Little Debbie snacks to bring a family together".

Fresh-baked taste? Riiiight. I've never had a Little Debbie snack and thought it tasted fresh-baked. If anything, it's been the exact opposite. They seem to me to be some of the most preservative-laden products out there. I'm almost gagging just thinking about that frosting-like substance on their "cakes". 

True.  But the Little Debbie Banana Twin cakes are deee-lightful.  Thumbs Up

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:26pm
I must say I have very fond childhood memories of their Caramel Cookie Bars.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 2:26pm
I hate how they always show people coming home from grocery shopping with a single paper bag. Because that's realistic right? How in the world is the MILK supported at the top of the bag like that?! It has to be smashing something. God this ad is stupid, it looks like something out of 1993.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I hate how they always show people coming home from grocery shopping with a single paper bag. Because that's realistic right? How in the world is the MILK supported at the top of the bag like that?! It has to be smashing something. God this ad is stupid, it looks like something out of 1993.

Good points about the grocery bag. Look at how light it appears at the beginning when she's stepping through the doorway and barely holding the whole brimming bag (with milk on top!) with one arm.

More realistic would be the person who is struggling to keep four weak plastic bags on each hand from stretching and breaking. 

*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 2:43pm
^

They also rearranged the boxes in the bag within the few seconds between the moment when Mom walks through the door and the moment she places the bag down.  At the beginning, you can see the Zebra Cakes and you cannot see the Nutty Bars.  This changes by the 15 second mark.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 4:20pm
^Wow - didn't notice the 'subliminal' product selling! No wonder we bought an assortment of Little Debbies, this morning <wiping.chocolate.from.face>...
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:45pm
Yeesh, this is awful.  The girl also has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard from a kid commercial actor.

Agree with ADamant.  I don't think Little Debbie snack cakes are that bad, but they most definitely do NOT taste "fresh baked." Day old donuts taste more "fresh baked" than Little Debbie.

ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:11pm
Though I did always have a soft spot for Debbie's cream pies. Oatmeal, that is. Oatmeal cream pies.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:25pm
Yes, those are good.  Haven't had those in a while.  Now I want some!

By the way, ADamant, I LOVE your signature!!!!!!!  Where did you find that?
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:25pm
Commercial sucks, but Little Debbie's Nutty bars are awesome  Thumbs Up
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:44pm
Stupid commercial. Mom gets out of doing chores and raising her kids properly by bribing them with sugar-loaded crap. Was that all that was in the grocery bag? Snack cakes?

I do enjoy their oatmeal cream pies though. I used to get one every day in my bag lunch when I was a kid. My mom didn't use them to get me to do chores or homework though. I just did it or I was in trouble.
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

Yes, those are good.  Haven't had those in a while.  Now I want some!

By the way, ADamant, I LOVE your signature!!!!!!!  Where did you find that?

Thanks, Chris. That old thing? Actually, I was trying to avoid some work (I'm self-employed) this afternoon and decided to tinker around with good ol' MS Paint. I might try to clean it up and make the motion of the dancer (if you can call her that) smoother. Rough draft, I guess you'd call it.

Now I could go for one of those aforementioned oatmeal cream/creme pies.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:17pm
Does anyone know if another company made those oatmeal/crème cookie things?

As a kid, I SWEAR! our teacher gave us ones that had raisins in...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

That baby is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road. His head looks like bad fruit.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:58pm
After Hostess went down, I started seeing Little Debbie products everywhere I used to see a Hostess product. They must be the official "replacement" for now.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

That baby is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road. His head looks like bad fruit.

LOLLOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Does anyone know if another company made those oatmeal/crème cookie things?

As a kid, I SWEAR! our teacher gave us ones that had raisins in...
ShockedDid you also have pet rabbits in your classroom, Cod?! Those damned things never came with raisins, to the best of my knowledge - and *I* would know. The Oatmeal-creme cookies are MissyDWolf's favorites (nobody, but NOBODY has ever been allowed near them under penalty of certain death).
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:22am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

That baby is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road...
LOLdaaaaaaaamn, D!!! My side is hurting....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic