Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 6:56pm
I really hate it when I'm in line and something happens making the line be stuck. Either something goes wrong with another customers card or the register, causes the line to be held up. Ugh this keeps happening to me, WHY?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
You're walking under a black cloud, Ad.  It will get better.  I believe in Karma.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I really hate it when I'm in line and something happens making the line be stuck. Either something goes wrong with another customers card or the register, causes the line to be held up. Ugh this keeps happening to me, WHY?

Y'mean like they don't have the balance to cover their purchases?  Or the card is expired/cancelled?  That would be the customer's fault, not the card's.

The only thing I can see going wrong with the card, is if it breaks.  That happened to me last year.  My card was cracked, and the payment pad thing wouldn't accept it.  The cashier simply keyed in the info, and all was fine.

Oh, another thing that happens on occasion, is that the card simply can't be read.  In that case, the cashier places the card in a plastic bag, and then swipes it.  For some reason, that works.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:40am
P*sses me off to no end when people tell me they are going to do something and then they don't, and they don't even have the courtesy to call and tell me they are not doing it.  Because if they called me, I might be able to try and get someone else more quickly.

This is the first time I have ever needed to get someone to mow for me and dealing with when he has an opening, if it's going to rain, etc. We had a 3 day window.  He says, "I'll call you and let you know which day I will come." It was supposed to be Mon, Tues, or Wed.  If I don't get my front grass grown the county is probably going to fine me. (Grass was okay but then rained twice in about 4 days, then I work, and then I tried to over weekend and mower just wasn't having it.

Do people not realize how rude and inconvenient they are acting?  And I pay people well and in cash!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:52am

Your county fines you for overgrown grass??

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 1:20am
Yep, if it is over a certain height or if they can prove you haven't mowed it in a month.  Only know of a couple of people fined in my 17 years here but I don't want to push it.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 1:47am
When people have their car stopped in the middle of the road talking to someone! This happened at the entrance/exit to our local Stop & Shop. If you're going to talk to someone, pull the ***k over!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 2:35am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Yep, if it is over a certain height or if they can prove you haven't mowed it in a month.  Only know of a couple of people fined in my 17 years here but I don't want to push it.

I can see if a homeowner always has tall grass, he should probably be fined or something, as tall grasses invite rats, and rats affect others.  That'd be the spirit of the law.  So, I'd hope your county understands that rather than just blindly invoking the word of the law.  Otherwise, it just seems like a way for the county to make money.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I can see if a homeowner always has tall grass, he should probably be fined or something, as tall grasses invite rats, and rats affect others.  That'd be the spirit of the law.  So, I'd hope your county understands that rather than just blindly invoking the word of the law.  Otherwise, it just seems like a way for the county to make money.

They do that around here.

Code Enforcement officers patrol all over the place & if they see that your grass is over a certain height, or if you have a junk car, etc., they'll put a wooden stake in your yard with a violation notice in a plastic sleeve stapled to it telling you that you have 15 days to correct whatever the violation is or they'll send somebody out to do it for you then send you the bill. A couple of days later, you get another copy via certified mail.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 4:23am
Confused
Went out for a 50-degree bike ride on my classy new geriatric 'Suntour', today.
Got a bad-ass surprise by one o'those GREENmobiles - maybe the largest black luxury sedan I've ever seen.
A brand new one.
Snuck up right behind me and scared the sh*t out of me, doncha know - all electric, not a sound, and there it was on my tail!
Not sure WHAT is was, I was so scared - about the size of a Cadillac, or something. Zipped right around me before I could cuss.
Nothing worse than a shock like that - pretty sure it was intentional.
I'll find the bastard, I swear!
I'll reverse his battery terminals. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:03am
^^ Find out who it is and throw a moose into the car's grill....  Wink

Quote P*sses me off to no end when people tell me they are going to do something and then they don't, and they don't even have the courtesy to call and tell me they are not doing it.

I got a subpeona to testify once, but the DA didn't bother to tell me the case was settled out of court weeks earlier.  Good thing I called the day before the court date to verify.  Saved me a wasted day.  Still pisses me off that their attitude was "It's not our problem that we didn't notify you"....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 2:10pm

Twice, I've lent things to neighbors and then caught them tossing the stuff away.

One neighbor was letting his Rastafarian lawn guy haul away the wheelbarrow I lent him.  I said "What the hell you doin'".  On top of that, the wheel on it had gone flat, and the neighbor said he'd replace it.  That was last year.  He still hasn't done it.

I lent another neighbor a bunch of painting supplies.  After he used the stuff, and I asked him for it back, he told me he'd just tossed it away---brushes, a roller and a metal paint-rolling pan.  Who would throw stuff like that in the garbage?  Then he asked if I wanted him to get it out of the garbage!  Duh.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:29pm
Thor, I got one of those tires for my wheelbarrow that never goes flat--it costs a little more but for me it's worth it.  My old tire had a slow leak so I was constantly having to inflate it before using it.  I've had the "permanent" tire for over 5 years.  I consider it one of those best things I've ever bought items.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 5:48pm

Thanks.  I'll relay that to Ken.  As far as him holding onto that wheelbarrow---that part I don't mind, as it's less crap in my yard.  Just don't throw it away!

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:19pm
More sh*t I don't like!

I hate it when people come on the bus or train with their nasty smelling food and start eating it as if they were at home. You can't wait a few stops to indulge in your crappy food? They open the container and start eating as if they are the only one in there. It's a confined space with limited air and you're stinking it up.

Speaking of stinking up, don't you just hate it when someone sits next to you on a bus or train and they positively REEK?! This always seems to happen to me - I'll be sitting alone when someone comes next to me reeking of food, cigarettes or worse, B.O.  For the duration of the ride, I have to hold my breath. Thanks for ruining my serenity, Stinky!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

More sh*t I don't like!

I hate it when people come on the bus or train with their nasty smelling food and start eating it as if they were at home. You can't wait a few stops to indulge in your crappy food? They open the container and start eating as if they are the only one in there. It's a confined space with limited air and you're stinking it up.

Speaking of stinking up, don't you just hate it when someone sits next to you on a bus or train and they positively REEK?! This always seems to happen to me - I'll be sitting alone when someone comes next to me reeking of food, cigarettes or worse, B.O.  For the duration of the ride, I have to hold my breath. Thanks for ruining my serenity, Stinky!
WinkYou can always just fart and tell them you are 'returning a favor flavor'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 9:07pm
So the 90 degree temps are here, and just in time as the A/C here at work is currently OUT OF COMMISSION. Angry Should be fixed tomorrow though.  It better be.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:30pm
^^ I hate this time of year here. Air condition for 4 solid months($$$)
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:35pm
Not only at home, but in the car as well which makes fuel economy take a hit.  Granted I still get good gas mileage with the A/C, but still.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:25pm

Last year, despite the average summer temps being in the mid-90s, I only used my A/C about ten times.  Low humidity and overhead fans are great.

On top of that, the fog coming into San Francisco sends cool air inland to the Sacramento area, and at night, we get this "delta breeze".  When that happens, it's the best sleeping weather anywhere.  It could've been 100+ degrees out during the day, but at night, it turns to a breezy 60 degrees.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Writing checks!!! They stand there doing nothing until all items have been rang up, then pull out the check book. ARRRRRH! Many years ago when I still used checks I would fill out everything but the amount while waiting for the cashier.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They do that around here.

Code Enforcement officers patrol all over the place & if they see that your grass is over a certain height, or if you have a junk car, etc., they'll put a wooden stake in your yard with a violation notice in a plastic sleeve stapled to it telling you that you have 15 days to correct whatever the violation is or they'll send somebody out to do it for you then send you the bill. A couple of days later, you get another copy via certified mail.

Same thing here.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

^^ I hate this time of year here. Air condition for 4 solid months($$$)
Same here - I really don't like summer. I hate A/C - closing up the house gives me claustrophobia. Not to mention the heat and humidity. And the bees! Holy hopping Christ on a cracker - wasps, hornets, yellow jacks - no thanks.

The only way to enjoy summer (IMO) is to be parked on a beach 24/7.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:12pm
I don't know which asshole decided that convertibles should have AC as an option but I'd like to roast his nuts with a blowtorch. Whoever bought my DelSol new was retarded. The car had like 4 optional extras. They took the spoiler but not the AC? The custom floor mats and paint matched rims I can understand but the AC?? Needless to say my car is hot as hell. I rarely take the targa off either because then the sun bakes me alive.

Whenever I tell people I'm having a July/August baby they always have some sort of comment about being pregnant in the summer. I understand why now. It's been like 75-80 here lately and I'm convinced the thermometer is wrong, it MUST really be 100. I'm in a constant sweaty state of grossness over here.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:57pm
^^  I can just see the idiot's conversation with the dealer when discussing options:

Dealer: "And the last option, sir?  You can choose between the rear spoiler, and of course air conditioning which is what I'd suggest since it would be cheaper to add a spoiler later on than and A/C system, and A/C would be more of a necessity than a luxury, especially come summertime."

Buyer: "A/C?? What the hell good is that gonna do for a car with no top?  Hello!  All the cold air will just blow out of the car! LOL some salesman.  A/C for a convertible makes as much sense as putting a screen door on a battleship."

Dealer: "Err .. don't you mean screen door on a submarine, sir?"

Buyer: "Whatever, just gimme the spoiler!"

Later, on a hot rainy July afternoon, stuck in the middle of bumper to bumper traffic ...

Owner: "Son of a bitch .. should've gotten air conditioning."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic