Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 3:46pm

^  Heza, I don't think we should be looking to Russians for happiness.  Russia and surrounding countries (mostly members of the former USSR) consistently rank at the bottom of the list when it comes to happiness.  Granted, this is based on economic and social factors...but I don't think that anyone thinks "Russia!" when they think about who's happy.  The vodka alone...

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:01pm
Well, Russia does consistently have some pretty quality music coming out of them.

That makes me pretty happy....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Well, Russia does consistently have some pretty quality music coming out of them.

It doesn't get much happier than this:

The Best Girl in the USSR, by Russian band, Messer fur Frau Muller.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:34pm
Yeah, the smile, etc. crap is a bitch.  A couple of times I actually thought quickly enough to get in a "snappy" comeback.  When they say "it's not so bad," tell them "It wasn't until you got here!"
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 9:41pm
Here's some very topical sh*t I don't like!

Newspaper sites (Yes, NY Times, I'm talking to YOU) who miserly dole out 10 articles per month online and then, once you reach your limit, they darken the website. Fine, I get it, you want to sell newspapers. But, when you have something as HUGE as what's hapening in Boston, and every 20 minutes there's a new update, you'd think maybe they could lift this ridiculous ban? (I say ridiculous only because these f**kers have the audacity to charge $5 for a Sunday paper). I don't need a finger shaking "tsk tsk! Sorry! You've reached your limit" reminder from these doucheketeers when I'm trying to find out the whereabouts of a nut job!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:14pm
^^^^LMAO @ doucheketeers!

Here's some sh*t I don't like that just happened to me at work.

Why is it that every time someone from another department needs help with something, they always come to the receptionists on a Friday afternoon close to quitting time? Do they really want us to stay later than our appointed time because they can't handle their own workload? How come you never come on a Monday or any day that Mooch is not working? I mean, it's like they purposely come with their extra work on days that I'm there and it's almost always on a Friday afternoon. Like I don't have enough to do up here, answering the damn phone and all. Am I the only person who works here? That's some sh*t I don't like!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:31pm
Pollen season! Everything is covered in a lovely shade of yellow. It's all in my window blinds but it's too nice to keep the windows closed.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:45pm
Tiz, I hear you! I have allergies, too, and I'm not very fond of this time of year. I don't care how nice it is outside, I keep the windows closed and only go out when I have to.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 12:32am
Recently, Our electric company has been sending us a very friendly little note with our bill.

"You're using XXX more electricity than your neighbours!" With wonderful little comparisons, a graph...

We live in 2+ acres. Our water uses electricity because it comes from an artesian well, not to mention during the spring and summer when we have to water the huge yard. We also have a house three times the size of our neighbours, most of which live in mobile homes Also, unlike our neighbours, we have computers. We also have three buildings on our property.

They have a little number you can call to explain your costs...but why should we or anyone have to defend our electronics use? Why aren't they praising us instead? They get more money this way.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 1:07am
When people eat/handle messy foods and feel the need to suck their fingertips instead of using a napkin. This is especially disgusting in a chow line/ buffet. YECKH!

If you take cell phone calls at the dinner table.

People who don't hold the door open for the person following literally 5 feet behind.
  What's even worse, is the people who don't acknowledge the kind gesture.

When people pull up to a stop light and stop 10 feet past the line and are not making a right turn. If I'm crossing the street and your car is directly in my path... I will most likely walk across your hood.

WTF is up with disabled drivers leaving the card hanging from their rear view mirrors? Those are just for parking in handicap spots. There is no reason to drive around with them blocking your vision.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 4:12am

Recently, Our electric company has been sending us a very friendly little note with our bill.

"You're using XXX more electricity than your neighbours!" With wonderful little comparisons, a graph...

We live in 2+ acres. Our water uses electricity because it comes from an artesian well, not to mention during the spring and summer when we have to water the huge yard. We also have a house three times the size of our neighbours, most of which live in mobile homes Also, unlike our neighbours, we have computers. We also have three buildings on our property.

They have a little number you can call to explain your costs...but why should we or anyone have to defend our electronics use? Why aren't they praising us instead? They get more money this way.

They're either trying to get you to install solar panels and energy-efficient appliances, or they suspect you might be operating a marijuana "grow house".

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 4:42am
Now why would we be doing that when the meth lab takes up so much room?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 5:06am
Originally posted by hump hump wrote:

When people eat/handle messy foods and feel the need to suck their fingertips instead of using a napkin. This is especially disgusting in a chow line/ buffet. YECKH!

People who don't hold the door open for the person following literally 5 feet behind.

When people pull up to a stop light and stop 10 feet past the line and are not making a right turn. If I'm crossing the street and your car is directly in my path... I will most likely walk across your hood.

WTF is up with disabled drivers leaving the card hanging from their rear view mirrors? Those are just for parking in handicap spots. There is no reason to drive around with them blocking your vision.

These are all good ones. Finger sucking is absolutely foul.

I visited Russia a few years ago, and those are some serious, world-weary folks. Still, I really enjoyed my visit and found the everyday people more likable than you might expect. They're what my Intro Sociology classed termed "high-wall/low-wall" -- harder to get to know initially, but very open once you're "in." Americans tend to be the opposite -- gregarious and "open" at first, but harder to get to know the real person behind the chatter. Russians look more Western/white, but socially have a lot more in common with Asians.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:27pm

You MUST know the joy that is Tesla Boy then....right?

I don't notice finger suckers much but I do work with 2 teeth suckers. Instead of using a toothpick or heaven forbid just WAITING to pick your teeth later they try to create suction in their mouth and suck crap out so you hear a loud TSSST over and over. God damn it it's one of the worst sounds ever, and I have to eat lunch with these people every Friday.

I don't care if handicap drivers want to leave the placard up, but I'm pretty sure it's actually against the rules. The bigger problem in my city is obviously trashy youth using grandma's car and parking in handicap spots. It's like come on, you're obviously not handicap. I know you're not supposed to judge and that not all handicaps are visible, but if you get out of the car, look 16 with your pants sagging, have several friends in tow, and your car is a Buick le sabre with some sort of "I love my cat" stickers on it, you're probably just cruising with grandma's car. Same thing if you're a young woman with kids and you're carrying a 40lb toddler. If you can carry the kid, you can walk the extra 20 feet and not use grandma's card.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 11:40pm
Actually, no. I'll look 'em up.

I was thinking more DVAR, Caprice, Mezzamo, Zemfira, Max Barskih (Okay, he's a bit fluff, but it's quality fluff), Quest Pistols, S.K.A.Y, and Zveri to name a few.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:57pm
If you like throw back 80s synth pop, you'll enjoy them. Go try out "Liberating Soul" "Thinking of You" and "Waste My Body".
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm

Hate that sh*t .. not just at the dinner table, but in any situation where you can't talk.  And more often than not the person answers the phone and says "Hi, I'm good, listen can I call you back in a little bit? I'm in the middle of ______."   That's what VOICE MAIL is for!!!!!  If they don't leave a message, it must not be that important .. but even still, their number shows up on caller ID so you can call them back anyway.

The flip side of that is being ridiculed by someone for not answering your phone every damned time they call, as if you're supposed to drop whatever it is you're doing and make their incoming call your top priority in life.  "I tried to call a couple minutes ago, why didn't you answer??" ... "Sorry I was busy holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa before it fell over completely and landed on a group of handicap children, and couldn't get to my phone."  ...  "Well you could've let go of it for a minute, you know!! What if I had an emergency??"

Angry

Even worse than that is if they don't acknowledge because they have their phone attached to their ear. Makes me wish I would've slammed the door right in their face.

Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:52pm
Here's some rude-ass sh*t that I don't like.

Every morning at work, people pass by me without so much as a word or a look. HELLO!! I'm sitting at the front desk! I'm the first person you see in the whole damn office! A simple "good morning" wouldn't kill you! And yet, these are the same people who ask me for stuff when they need help. I see how it is - you think I'm beneath you because I'm a receptionist so you ignore me as if I'm a leper but when your ass is in dire straits, suddenly I'm important. Fix your own damn coffee and learn how to work the mail machine on your own! I'm going on break!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:37pm

^  My experience in offices is that, even if they're a minute late, people don't want to say "good morning" or announce their arrival in any way.  They just want to slink off to their desks.  In fact, even if they're on time, they don't want to announce themselves, especially to the receptionist, who's usually in close proximity to the boss.  They just want to get settled at their desk before others jump at them with requests or problems.

But as the receptionist, isn't it your job to greet people?  Unless you're saying hello and they're totally not responding, you may be reading too much into it.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:38pm
Mooch, have you seen Office Space?  If not I highly recommend it.  It satirizes the misery of the office job beautifully. 
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:16pm
"Where's my stapler!!!!"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:21pm
^^ Milton and his Swingline LOL

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm

These rude bastards should be throttled and stomped.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:11pm
Insanity - I have seen Office Space. I don't really remember it but that's not how my work place is at all.

Thor - I suppose it is my job to greet people, but I've been doing this for seven years now and I've gotten to the point of not saying anything to these fartknockers unless they speak to me first. I got real tired of smiling and being friendly to them and being brushed off or ignored. It's like I'm back in high school! Ain't nobody got time for that!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:18pm
Mooch, maybe it's a perfect storm of night owls and introverts. I'm an early bird, very chipper when I wake up, but as an introvert, it's still draining for me to be social at work first thing in the morning. Of course that doesn't excuse rudeness -- I would never ignore a front desk person greeting me! However, I've found that some grumpy night owls reserve the right to be total pills until noon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic