Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having Triplets is SUCH a blessing....*puke*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having Triplets is SUCH a blessing....*puke*
    Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:02pm
"They look cuter in clean clothes" Confused Who the hell doesn't look better in clean clothes, nimrod?

In the version I see on my TV it ends with the bland looking wife telling her equally bland looking husband "You suck at folding" and they both chuckle like idiots like that comment was absolutely hilarious.

I put off posting this, but they've been airing it a lot here. Lawd, how I just hate this commercial. I don't get it either, it doesn't actually tell me anything about why Tide is better than any other detergent. It does however make me want to kick the couple in the face.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm
I hate this commercial. 

I think Tide is trying to incorporate dads into their ads to get around the stereotypical thing of only moms/women being in ads for cleaning or household products.

But unfortunately, they still make the dads look like the idiots of the home, while making the woman look like the domineering shrew of a wife.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm
"Having triplets is SUCH a blessing" - Yeah, tell that to your cash flow situation.

My condolences that your area's been getting bombarded with this stupid ad ... fortunately it's been on somewhat of a hiatus here.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I don't get it either, it doesn't actually tell me anything about why Tide is better than any other detergent. It does however make me want to kick the couple in the face.

But they do!  Unfortunately, you have to read the tiny, barely visible words at the bottom of the screen---"Based on stain removal performance of..."---which might actually make you wanna kick the couple even harder.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm
That woman is such a heinous bitch. At least your husband is ATTEMPTING to help you fold clothes. I don't care how my husband folds clothes as long as he's willing to help, I'll take it. He looks so defeated at the end. What man would laugh at his wife telling him "you suck at folding"?

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

That woman is such a heinous bitch. At least your husband is ATTEMPTING to help you fold clothes. I don't care how my husband folds clothes as long as he's willing to help, I'll take it. He looks so defeated at the end. What man would laugh at his wife telling him "you suck at folding"?

I hate the commercial, but my  wife absolutely hates it when I fold laundry for some reason. She'll actually REFOLD things I've put away. Especially socks. I have a habit of "rolling" them, as in the way they made us do it in Basic Training. She'll take my socks out of the drawer, unroll 'em and fold them herself. Hillariously sometimes she'll comment that my clothes would never get folded if she didn't do it. I always have to remind her that I was perfectly able to take care of myself before we got married.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:50pm

I hate the commercial, but my  wife absolutely hates it when I fold laundry for some reason. She'll actually REFOLD things I've put away. Especially socks. I have a habit of "rolling" them, as in the way they made us do it in Basic Training. She'll take my socks out of the drawer, unroll 'em and fold them herself. Hillariously sometimes she'll comment that my clothes would never get folded if she didn't do it. I always have to remind her that I was perfectly able to take care of myself before we got married.

My husband never folds his own clothes, but I can't say I'm dead set on the way I fold either. If for some really odd reason he decided to fold our laundry, I'd be ok with it. His biggest problem is rummaging through the closet or dresser and just leaving the stuff in a pushed aside pile instead of neatly in place. Oh hells no, that's where I draw the line. That man somehow has 3x more clothing than I do and something as simple as keeping the socks on one side of the drawer and underpants on the other is a concept way above his head. I'm the one who puts the clothes away so when he messes his drawers up that pisses me off way more than an oddly folded shirt.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 4:12pm

I fold, but then I jam the folded stuff into drawers that are packed so tight, everything gets crunched up.  I have three big drawers of color t-shirts and polo shirts, one of white t-shirts, two of long-sleeved shirts, and then a bucket of "yard work t-shirts" in the closet.  I must have hundreds of such pullover shirts.  And that's not counting all the nicer button-down shirts in my two bedroom closets.

I really should throw some of this stuff out.  Usually, I just wear whatever's on the top of the stacks anyway.  I don't even know what's at the bottom of all those drawers.  But I'll probably never go through it all.  Never have.  No real reason to.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I really should throw some of this stuff out.  Usually, I just wear whatever's on the top of the stacks anyway.  I don't even know what's at the bottom of all those drawers.  But I'll probably never go through it all.  Never have.  No real reason to.

I have a pair of boxers that have to be around fifteen years old. The waistband is stretched out, and they are so worn out they're see through. I keep them just because the wife has wanted to throw them away for about ten years. They're unwearable, but they're in my underwear drawer just to drive her nuts. I've told her not to throw them away and I check to make sure she hasn't. Its kind of revenge for her throwing away some of my old clothes when we first got married. I was just upset that she didn't ask me first.

Creative Punishment View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creative Punishment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

"Having triplets is SUCH a blessing" - Yeah, tell that to your cash flow situation.

BARF. Sick   Seriously. Sounds like the dad's not as convinced/delusional... Seriously, I want to choke this idiot out every time she says that. What is she on, and where can I get some? 
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Creative Punishment Creative Punishment wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

"Having triplets is SUCH a blessing" - Yeah, tell that to your cash flow situation.

BARF. Sick   Seriously. Sounds like the dad's not as convinced/delusional... Seriously, I want to choke this idiot out every time she says that. What is she on, and where can I get some? 

I hate how she kinda sighs when he makes the remark about the financial burden, as if to tell him "Tough s**t, you're gonna have to suck it up and deal with it, and you're gonna like it." 

Herza described her best - as a "heinous bitch."

Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 6:50pm

I fold, but then I jam the folded stuff into drawers that are packed so tight, everything gets crunched up.  I have three big drawers of color t-shirts and polo shirts, one of white t-shirts, two of long-sleeved shirts, and then a bucket of "yard work t-shirts" in the closet.  I must have hundreds of such pullover shirts.  And that's not counting all the nicer button-down shirts in my two bedroom closets.

That pretty much sums up how my drawers look too.

I hate this lady's squeaky voice. At the end they have a voice over of her going "That's my tide, what's yours?" and she has this squeaky nerdy voice that makes me want to choke her.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 7:51pm

I have a pair of boxers that have to be around fifteen years old. The waistband is stretched out, and they are so worn out they're see through. I keep them just because the wife has wanted to throw them away for about ten years. They're unwearable, but they're in my underwear drawer just to drive her nuts. I've told her not to throw them away and I check to make sure she hasn't. Its kind of revenge for her throwing away some of my old clothes when we first got married. I was just upset that she didn't ask me first.

Fifteen years old??  Ha!  They're babies.  I actually have a few unopened packages of underwear that are older than that.  I'm waiting for my 20-30 y/o underwear to turn to dust.

And I have sox that I wore to my junior prom.  That was 1972.  I don't keep 'em for sentimental reasons or anything.  I keep 'em because they're still good.  And who knows when I might need a pair of electric blue checkered sox?

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 9:32pm

That man somehow has 3x more clothing than I do and something as simple as keeping the socks on one side of the drawer and underpants on the other is a concept way above his head.

I think - regardless of stereotypes - that men tend to have more clothing than women, simply because men have fewer selections to choose from.

Throughout History, men have TRIED to dress nice, but sooner or later, women steal from men, feminise and make the clothing their own, thus restricting men's selection even more.

Add to that that "Adventurous, unique" clothing for men is pretty much taboo past 30, and their limited selection increases. So with so few styles available, most make up for it by getting different colours, different fabrics, etc.

Whereas women have pretty much ALL the styles available to them, it could be easy to have 20 tops, 20 bottoms, and have enough unique stuff to combine and alternate. Also, "adventurous, unique" doesn't end for women. some things have an age limit (Mini-skirts), but a lot of women's styles can transfer from 20 to 30 to 40 depending on whether she keeps her figure or not.

Also, I don't use drawers at all. I have those carboard/fabric Shoe cubbies for inside the closet. I use the cubbies for folded pants, t-shirts, socks, underwear, sweaters, exercise shirts and exercise pants.

Only fold up the large stuff. Socks I just tie together, and toss in. Unless I'm wearing something that requires special socks (Dressy socks, knee-length for boots, etc.), I just grab a random pair and that's that.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 9:41pm
End of commercial - "You suck at bowling"

Dear Tide - "You suck at being funny"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 9:44pm
O.O

bowling? Seriously?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

That man somehow has 3x more clothing than I do and something as simple as keeping the socks on one side of the drawer and underpants on the other is a concept way above his head.

I think - regardless of stereotypes - that men tend to have more clothing than women, simply because men have fewer selections to choose from.

Throughout History, men have TRIED to dress nice, but sooner or later, women steal from men, feminise and make the clothing their own, thus restricting men's selection even more.

Add to that that "Adventurous, unique" clothing for men is pretty much taboo past 30, and their limited selection increases. So with so few styles available, most make up for it by getting different colours, different fabrics, etc.

Whereas women have pretty much ALL the styles available to them, it could be easy to have 20 tops, 20 bottoms, and have enough unique stuff to combine and alternate. Also, "adventurous, unique" doesn't end for women. some things have an age limit (Mini-skirts), but a lot of women's styles can transfer from 20 to 30 to 40 depending on whether she keeps her figure or not.

Also, I don't use drawers at all. I have those carboard/fabric Shoe cubbies for inside the closet. I use the cubbies for folded pants, t-shirts, socks, underwear, sweaters, exercise shirts and exercise pants.

Only fold up the large stuff. Socks I just tie together, and toss in. Unless I'm wearing something that requires special socks (Dressy socks, knee-length for boots, etc.), I just grab a random pair and that's that.

That makes a lot of sense actually. But like Thor mentioned above, my husband tends to skim off the top of his T shirt drawer and never wears the stuff at the bottom. There are shirts in our closet he hasn't worn in years. I have a mass clothing exodus every year or 2 where everything that doesn't fit or I don't like anymore gets donated. I don't think this is as common amongst men, seems like they like to hang onto clothes until they can't be called clothes anymore. I've been trying to get him to go through his clothes hoard for a while now and he keeps putting it off. I've taken to throwing away the underpants and socks with holes. It's a small step.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:43pm

Plus, t-shirts and jeans and button-down shirts and shoes haven't changed much over the years, so there's little "fashion" reason to not wear this or that...or to throw this or that away.

I do, however, have a coupla Members Only jackets from 1982 that I've never even worn.  I figured maybe they'd come back in style.  I guess I could wear them "ironically" as a young hipster might, but at my age, no one would be able to tell if I was being ironic or if I was just that clueless.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:51pm

That makes a lot of sense actually. But like Thor mentioned above, my husband tends to skim off the top of his T shirt drawer and never wears the stuff at the bottom. There are shirts in our closet he hasn't worn in years. I have a mass clothing exodus every year or 2 where everything that doesn't fit or I don't like anymore gets donated. I don't think this is as common amongst men, seems like they like to hang onto clothes until they can't be called clothes anymore. I've been trying to get him to go through his clothes hoard for a while now and he keeps putting it off. I've taken to throwing away the underpants and socks with holes. It's a small step.

That's the difference with us guys.  There's not much we "don't like anymore".  If we liked it when we bought it, there's no reason to not like it now.  If it still fits, it's still good.

edit:  I just realized that, right now, I'm wearing this shirt someone left behind at a laundromat in the 1980s.  It's blue, pullover, no collar, with a few buttons in the front and an emblem of two wrenches criss-crossed over the heart and "AA" above it.  There's a number on the back, so I assume it might've been a part of someone's softball team uniform.  LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 11:23pm
Bet having triplets wasn't such a blessing while carrying them.

Or delivering them...
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 12:02am
They changed the end of the ad..when it first came out, and the little Mrs. tells him he sucks at folding, he laughs, but he also hurls whatever he was folding back into the laundry basket. Still lame, but at least it was a more realistic reaction than just laughing. Of course, if they really wanted an honest reaction, he could turn to her and say "Well, you suck at remembering the pill. If you didn't, we wouldn't be folding all of this sh*t!"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

They changed the end of the ad..when it first came out, and the little Mrs. tells him he sucks at folding, he laughs, but he also hurls whatever he was folding back into the laundry basket. Still lame, but at least it was a more realistic reaction than just laughing. Of course, if they really wanted an honest reaction, he could turn to her and say "Well, you suck at remembering the pill. If you didn't, we wouldn't be folding all of this sh*t!"
"Well you suck at giving head. That's why I've been working late every night with Mark."
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Creative Punishment View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Creative Punishment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 12:14am

Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

"Well you suck at giving head. That's why I've been working late every night with Mark."

ROFLMAO. Clap Especially "that's why I've been working late every night with Mark..." LOL
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 5:08am
The man actually says Tide gives you "cuter and cleaner clothes". How does a detergent manage to make them CUTER??
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 9:49am
What is this fascination with having too many kids?  I mean I see this theme frequently played out in commercials and reality shows like the Octomom and Jon and kate plus eight, or 19 kids and counting. 

I think it's socially irresponsible to have so many kids  when we really ought to think about having less kids per family and cutting our population down.  It's also a strain on individual families and society if this large family ends up on welfare which often happens. 

No, I don't think having a large family is clever or cute.  I think it's a bad idea all the way around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic