Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Progressive - Let's Get Ready to Bundle (Video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive - Let's Get Ready to Bundle (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive - Let's Get Ready to Bundle (Video)
    Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm
I'd pretty much built an immunity to Progressive commercials as far as being able to at least tolerate them, but then they just had to go here.   No.  Seriously, Progressive.  Just, no. 

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 3:44pm

I'm glad I haven't been subjected to this on TV yet.  This one would rival that V-8 commercial for being loud and annoying.  And maybe the actual volume falls into those new government guidelines, but yelling is just as bad.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:18pm
Good grief that was bad, I hope I never see it again!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:30pm
Just when I thought that annoying FLOOOOOOO couldn't get any worse!!! Angry

I had to watch the video right then and there just to see if it was as bad as I thought....WAY WORSE!!!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:01pm
God, Buffer looks old. He looks like someone wearing a Michael Buffer mask.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:17pm
Progressive's slogan should be, "Finding ways to annoy the sh*t outta you.  Now THAT'S PROGRESSIVE." 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Progressive's slogan should be, "Finding ways to annoy the sh*t outta you.  Now THAT'S PROGRESSIVE." 

Perfect!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 10:16pm
Bundling policies isn't new. Stop it.
When Progressive & Geico placed ads for advertising people, they must have said "no experience necessary".
It shows.. 
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 6:19am
I'd like to make a spoof on this stupid commercial; Have Flo wearing no pants and let her ride the wrestling rumble dude.

Flo should show some skin and pee on the wrestling dude. A golden shower part of the bundle. 
I approve this message.
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:19am
Just horrendous! Noise pollution at its worst. I can't believe they would take the risk of annoying prospective customers to death by screaming in their ears. It looks like it was put together by sophomores in high school.

Which reminds me - remember that law that said commercials can't be louder than the programs? Why is it not in effect? It seems either the stations are ignoring it or the commercial producers are putting their ads on blast.

Making even more of an enemy out of me.Dead
Stop the Insanity!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm
I mostly heardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd this damn thing last night.  I was working on something and had my back to the TV and this crap just about made me crack my head on the shelf I was working on. 

This kind of annoying, head-splitting ploy is in my top 3 reasons to HATE a commercial. Just nasty and uncalled for.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Bozoshow View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bozoshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:58pm
Always hated that "let's get ready to rumble!!" gimmick anyway, so it belongs in a Flo ad. Thank God for DVR he says for the millionth time.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 5:18am
I usually love to hear Michael Buffer, but he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over the toooooooooooooooooooop on this one. Thumbs Down
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by renatae renatae wrote:

Just horrendous! Noise pollution at its worst. I can't believe they would take the risk of annoying prospective customers to death by screaming in their ears. It looks like it was put together by sophomores in high school.

Which reminds me - remember that law that said commercials can't be louder than the programs? Why is it not in effect? It seems either the stations are ignoring it or the commercial producers are putting their ads on blast.

Making even more of an enemy out of me.Dead

My guess is that this commercial complies with the law, but that a scream is still a scream, and annoying at any volume.  You can't control for "annoying".  In fact, all they have to do is to adjust the volume of the entire commercial---and the scream is still gonna be louder than the rest.

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 3:02am
This commercial sucks. That is all. Sick
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
jms956 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jms956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 2:28pm
DeadDeadDead Absolutely Top of my List as the Most Annoying TV Commercial playing in heavy rotation at this time (Early April 2013.)  I am LIGHTENING FAST to grab the remote and change channels when wrestling announcer is winding up to YELL IN PROLONGED FASHION INTO MY EARS.  Gee, that's SO APPEALING!  The creative team in charge of Progressive's advertising are a bunch of MORONS who's only goal it appears is to MAKE you remember their ads by SCREAMING INTO YOUR BRAIN if you are complacent enough to let them do it.  I can think of no ad which has generated more ILL WILL towards the client advertiser in such a short time, than this Progressive turd of creation.  Don't buy Progressive -- Cancel your Progressive policy if you have one -- and show Progressive that there are limits to how far they can abuse existing and potential customers into keeping or buying their service.  DeadDeadDead
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 5:41am
Where is Don Draper when you need him?
Stop the Insanity!
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:44am
Progressive.com has a "contact us" button on the upper right. You can send them a note within a few minutes telling them how you feel about anything. I received a nice polite response within a couple minutes of complaining about this abomination. Hopefully the powers that be pull this thing before I die banging my head into the wall.
Stop the Insanity!
lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 5:11pm
This commercial is the worst. I'm not even sure who they're trying to advertise to. It's just f**king annoying and makes me want to drink bleach.
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by jms956 jms956 wrote:

... I am LIGHTNING FAST to grab the remote and change channels when wrestling announcer is winding up to YELL IN PROLONGED FASHION INTO MY EARS.  Gee, that's SO APPEALING! ... 

Exactly. If I haven't already pressed the mute button at the beginning of the whole commercial break, this one (as well as several other commercials) will make me do it in no time. When I last got a new remove control, I quickly trained my fingers as to the whereabouts of the mute button.
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:58am
This despicable pile of noise is airing more and more frequently. At first, it only aired occasionally, then it seemed to disappear, and now it's back, playing constantly.

It seems they started slowly, testing the waters, and now I think they intend to continue this assault on your ears because they haven't been getting enough complaints.

My bleeding ears are begging everyone who hates this pollution to go to progressive.com and complain. It's easy - there is a contact us button that actually works to send a message right from the site. You just click the upper right "contact" button, a dropdown comes down asking "email, phone, or mail" and if you select email, a simple form pops up to fill in, and you're done.

They even politely respond to you, saying they will pass on your comments to advertising.

Thank you!!! Smile

Stop the Insanity!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 1:47pm
This one just started airing here, and it's already pissed off my entire family.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

This one just started airing here, and it's already pissed off my entire family.

Sorry to hear that DKS.  It's still airing here, but I usually can get to the mute button in plenty of time.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

My dad was just saying yesterday how, along with the volume of commercials, the use of extremely annoying-azz sounds should be made illegal.  I agree with him.  This commercial brings up like old-school, protect-your-family, CAVE MAN anger everytime I see it.  That's not Progressive.  That's Regressive. 

Causing you ancient, ancestral anger, now that's Regressive!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:08pm
Let's Get Ready to Rumble is trademarked - I hope they paid far more for this ad than they receive in new customers and they end up losing a lot of money. If this ad attracts even one person, HUMANITY HAS FAILED, and I give the aliens full reign to take over.

Her face looks like plaster, I wonder what it'd look like if someone took a hammer and smashed her in the face with it - would it break apart like a piece of pottery?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic