Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Haribo  2013 'The Fruitiest/The Chewiest!' (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Haribo 2013 'The Fruitiest/The Chewiest!' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haribo 2013 'The Fruitiest/The Chewiest!' (video)
    Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:19pm
(Direct Link To This Post<<<---waaaay back in 2010)
I'd swear Haribo must be surrounded by Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and 'Never Never Land'.
Nobody ages in the commercials.
The kids are still the same little twerps everyone wanted to beat up three years ago.
We still want to, except the kids have realigned and are united, swearing they are "The Fruitiest and the Chewiest!".
And, unfortunately,'The Song Remains The Same'...in fact, I recall hearing the SAME song back in Europe, well over thirty years ago (and I hated it then, too!).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:18pm
I think this is the same commercial from the 90's... 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 3:13am
f**k Haribo I get my gummy bears from Crazy Candy Co. Which I buy from Aldi!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 4:28am
I think the first time I tried Haribo I found them disgusting.

There's some gummy bears out there that are too liquid-y. I like the ones that are firm with a subtle flavour. Still melt in your mouth, but don't feel "undercooked".
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 5:17am
Cracker Barrel sells some kinda gummy bear, I think the brand name is "World's Greatest" or "World's Finest" or something like that, and I'll take them over Haribo ANY day.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Scarlett_O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlett_O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 10:13am
These commercials have an aire of some sort of Nazi propaganda, the kids are just way too happy and perfect. And it has some weird European humor, like those mentos commercials.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 10:24am
European humour?

Feels plenty American to me. I didn't laugh once.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

European humour?

Feels plenty American to me. I didn't laugh once.
Confused...uh...Cod? *I* clearly understand her.
HARIBO is a German organization (from Bonn)...I suffered at their hands in the 60's and 70's (only 'cause we lived there, back then).
When they invaded the U.S. of Americo (probably got a stinkin' free pass across the Canadian Border), I could've sworn they had moved next door to me and started pumping their stinkin' commercials and horrific tune (which has NEVER changed) into my home office, at full volume.
It is enough to make a decent wolf consider 'suicide by candy'; I HATE the theme song SO f**kING MUCH I DRY UP FROM CRYING SO HARD!!!Cry

They have been around before your Great Granny had her first 'wet dream' about the possibilities of your forthcoming existence....oh, let's say, 1920, or so.

WinkIf anyone is interested, I know I cranked up a thread a few years back about the 'Little Gummy Addicts'; it has some original 1960's/'70's 'Deutsch' commercials - with the friggin' song present!

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:34am
Haha at the little black girl shouting "Lemon!"

Nobody likes the lemon flavor of ANY candy. The lemon ones are only there for when annoying people ask you for one, and you don't want to give up any of the real, good flavors.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:48am
Originally posted by Scarlett_O Scarlett_O wrote:

These commercials have an aire of some sort of Nazi propaganda, the kids are just way too happy and perfect. And it has some weird European humor, like those mentos commercials.
WinkNOT 'Nazi', Scarlett...but certainly 'Germanic'/Euro (look about two posts back from this).
~~
And, about those LEMON anythings...hand 'em all over - my favorites.
Scarlett_O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlett_O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 5:06am
Yes maybe I was a bit brash with my choice of words, but this commercial definitely gives off the feeling that the company is up to more things than just these 'perfect' gummi bears, like it has an underlying meaning....
1radUsername View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1radUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 5:12am
it does seem annoyingly euro other then the "mr ceo need a m.o.m." god that is lame. make the little f*** trophy take his bike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Scarlett_O Scarlett_O wrote:

WinkNOT 'Nazi', Scarlett...but certainly 'Germanic'/Euro (look about two posts back from this).
~~
And, about those LEMON anythings...hand 'em all over - my favorites.
I'm with you, Pa. LOVE me some lemon drops. I think I'm going to start a campaign to bring back the lemon Tootsie pops. That was the best combination!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Haha at the little black girl shouting "Lemon!"

Nobody likes the lemon flavor of ANY candy. The lemon ones are only there for when annoying people ask you for one, and you don't want to give up any of the real, good flavors.

Are you sure you're not thinking of lime?  I always liked lemon.  Lime, not so much.

The Sour Patch Kids version of lime gummy bears is pretty good, though.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I think I'm going to start a campaign to bring back the lemon Tootsie pops. That was the best combination!

No.  Orange Tootsie Pops are the best.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 3:51pm

I visited the Jelly Belly factory some years ago.  It looks remarkably like the Gummi Bears factory in the above commercial.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 4:09pm
Me too.  Neat place!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 4:43pm

I went to the one at the headquarters in Fairfield, CA.  I came home with way too much of the candy.  I gave a lot away, especially the Harry Potter Jelly Bellys, which featured flavors like dirt and vomit.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think I'm going to start a campaign to bring back the lemon Tootsie pops. That was the best combination!

Now my favorite is orange since lemon is out of the picture.

No likey the new flavors - Green Apple? Really?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Now my favorite is orange since lemon is out of the picture.

No likey the new flavors - Green Apple? Really?
No thanks.
However, since you are so quick to 'jump ship' Maddy, hand over 'dem lemons!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 6:06pm
Thor, that's where that picture was taken...
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Me too.  Neat place!

WOAH! HANDSOME HOOTY!  What kind of weights are you lifting???

ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:54pm
^ Ditto. I like your white hat and gloves. Big smile
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:56pm
Ha! Lately I've been lifting my ass off of the couch.  That was taken about 5 years ago.  I'm still pretty strong, but I'm also 61.  I'm losing muscle mass quicker than I can keep it on.  I don't have the gym availability right now.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 8:03pm
But why would you need a gym when you could build muscle AND burn fat simultaneously in just 5 minutes a day by buying a $500 DVD programme...utilities not included.

:P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic