Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Big and the Beautiful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

We're not making fun of people with thyroid issues, we're making fun of people who eat sh*t all day and then call it sexy.

Wait, so are we talking about fat people or 2 Girls 1 Cup? Wink

So that's what that web videos about! TMI

Madscientist get of your high horse and relax, geeez!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:23pm
^^ You never saw it when it was a viral "hit?"  You're lucky LOL Dead

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I'm on the heavy side. I do work out and I'm a dude. I laugh at myself. I've been called a hippo by a good friend and I take it in stride and know he's not being malicious. As a matter of fact he could lose a few himself and he's from India so it comes out as "Heepo." This PC crap has got to moderate. We are losing our sense of humor.

That reminds me of this old picture:

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Madscientist73 Madscientist73 wrote:

No I don't have Celiac disease and why would you care what I eat?  Are you a dietician, a nutritionist or a endocrinologist?  No?  Then shut the hell up.  You're not qualified to give nutritional or medical advice about what people with thyroid disease should be eating. You missed the point the of the comment.  And I wasn't "preaching".  I was saying that your comments were mean.  Period.  If your MOM or mum enjoys you calling her a porker than that's on her.  Would you enjoy it if she called you a douche bag and a bully?

P90x sucks?  Now you're attacking Tony Horton.  Boy, you are full of love for everybody, aren't you?

1. If you don't, then there is no real health benefit to eating Gluten free. You're just following a new fad and not really doing anything to aid your health.

2. Ultimately, a thyroid problem is only going to cause a problem with how quickly your body burns food. There is little to nothing a special diet will do that proper exercise won't do better. If you had one of the diseases that actively affects how your body digests specific food types (Such as Celiacs), then that would be a different issue. Also, anyone with a functioning brain knows that nutritional fat is necessary for hormonal production and balance, which is a function the thyroid is meant to carry out. If your body's production is actively affected, then eating a little extra nutritional fat would boost this and be quite helpful.

3. So because I may not be medically qualified means I cannot possibly have any knowledge on the subject? Good to know. I'll go get a PH.D in English so that I'm qualified to type. I merely point out the obvious (So obvious a blind man could see them) flaws in your eating habits because you used the most disturbing and idiotic phrase mankind has ever invented: "I eat healthy". Saying that, and then proving yourself wrong....how could I not respond?

4. Yes, P90X sucks. Even moreso for hypo-thyroidism. The number one goal for someone with a hormonal problem would be to build muscle. Having muscle is an automatic boost to metabolism, making your daily life much easier. and since that would be the obvious, easiest, and best goal for a person with your affliction, then doing P90X is fixing a computer in a rain storm.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 5:36pm
I have a friend who has Celiac Disease. She hates it and she gets all pissed off when people who don't have a gluten allergy voluntarily eat gluten-free food. lol. She's always like, "If you choose to avoid wheat products - I want to kick you in the face. This allergy sucks. Stop trying to make it trendy." That girl loves bread, pasta and everything else.... she has a tough time with her allergy, but she's pretty damn funny about it. LOL
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Be careful or Thor will post it again...

Did I post that?  I don't remember.  I know I posted Church of Fudge (or a link to it, anyway) but I'm not sure I posted one to Two Girls, One Cup.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

I have a friend who has Celiac Disease. She hates it and she gets all pissed off when people who don't have a gluten allergy voluntarily eat gluten-free food. lol. She's always like, "If you choose to avoid wheat products - I want to kick you in the face. This allergy sucks. Stop trying to make it trendy." That girl loves bread, pasta and everything else.... she has a tough time with her allergy, but she's pretty damn funny about it. LOL
Only Gluten-Free I eat are Glutino's Chocolate-Covered Pretzels, and those cookies they sell at Wild Oat's and such...can't remember the name. I've loved ém since childhood.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Madscientist73 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madscientist73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Madscientist, if you're going to disagree with everything that people post on these threads - you might as well quit your day job, because you're going to need 8 hours a day just to be confrontational with people on here. As snesgamer said, we jab each other a lot on here - just to push each other's buttons sometimes. I suggest you peruse through some of the threads and see what we mean. We don't do it to be malicious, we all have different opinions. My suggestion to you would be to maybe stop taking everything people say on here so personally - you'll have more fun that way.

Not that I have to explain myself to anybody but since you and your post buddies want to gang up on me let me address this once and for all.  First of all, I thought the purpose of this site was to critique COMMERCIALS, thus the "commercialsihate.com".  I didn't think it was called "cyber-bully someone new to the group because you don't agree with what they said."  I have been reading LEGITIMATE comments about COMMERCIALS on this site for years.  Just because this is the first time I choose to comment and the word "Newbie" is under my Avatar doesn't mean I haven't been a member.  

Second, you all have chosen to be confrontational with me.  I posted that I thought the words "porker" and "fat" and "cankles" was offensive.  Not once did I call anyone out specifically.  Not once.  I simply used myself as an example of someone that exercises regularly and eats healthy according to what was prescribed my an actual physician and a nutritionist.  Not a know-it-all moron that calls his own mother a porker.  

Third, I didn't say that you all were attacking people with thyroid disease.  When did I say that?  I said, again for the third MOTHERF*CKING time, that the comments against fat people IN GENERAL were cruel and malicious.  That is not being "preachy."  That is not being PC.  That is not being confrontational.  It's called an opinion.  And if you all felt I was specifically stepping on your toes, than that's your own guilt.  

I read comment after comment after comment about fat people.  This is the only discussion where I don't even know what the commercial is about.  So yes, I felt compelled to speak of for the "plump" and "curvy" women out there, even though I do not fit into that category.  And I don't disagree with everything people post of these threads.  Most of the time I find them entertaining and insightful WHEN IT PERTAINS TO ACTUAL COMMERCIALS!!!  Not a bunch of people verbally vomiting about how much they hate fat people.  I bet if any one of you (you meaning the folks who keep f*cking with me) woke up tomorrow and was big as a house, your ass would be real motherf*cking quiet.  

When did having compassion for obese people become "confrontational" and "preachy."  Excuse the f*ck out of me for actually caring for people.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madscientist73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:51pm
1. If you don't, then there is no real health benefit to eating Gluten free. You're just following a new fad and not really doing anything to aid your health.

2. Ultimately, a thyroid problem is only going to cause a problem with how quickly your body burns food. There is little to nothing a special diet will do that proper exercise won't do better. If you had one of the diseases that actively affects how your body digests specific food types (Such as Celiacs), then that would be a different issue. Also, anyone with a functioning brain knows that nutritional fat is necessary for hormonal production and balance, which is a function the thyroid is meant to carry out. If your body's production is actively affected, then eating a little extra nutritional fat would boost this and be quite helpful.

3. So because I may not be medically qualified means I cannot possibly have any knowledge on the subject? Good to know. I'll go get a PH.D in English so that I'm qualified to type. I merely point out the obvious (So obvious a blind man could see them) flaws in your eating habits because you used the most disturbing and idiotic phrase mankind has ever invented: "I eat healthy". Saying that, and then proving yourself wrong....how could I not respond?

4. Yes, P90X sucks. Even moreso for hypo-thyroidism. The number one goal for someone with a hormonal problem would be to build muscle. Having muscle is an automatic boost to metabolism, making your daily life much easier. and since that would be the obvious, easiest, and best goal for a person with your affliction, then doing P90X is fixing a computer in a rain storm.[/QUOTE]

Spoken eloquently by someone who is a. Not a dietician or a nutritionist b. Calls himself "muscle with layers of insulation" b. Not a physician of any kind c. Not a personal fitness trainer d. Calls his own mother a porker. Got it.  Any other advice you want to give?  Legal? Accounting? Financial? You're on a roll.  Why stop now. 
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madscientist73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

We're not making fun of people with thyroid issues, we're making fun of people who eat sh*t all day and then call it sexy.

Wait, so are we talking about fat people or 2 Girls 1 Cup? Wink

So that's what that web videos about! TMI

Madscientist get of your high horse and relax, geeez!

Hezadancer, never said you all were making fun of people with thyroid disease.  Not once.  If you all took the time to read my previous posts I said "I get that we live in a super-size me mentality." and went on to describe a recent Burger King COMMERCIAL (remember that word...um, commercial) that I saw where they were celebrating a double-stuffed bacon burger with fried onion rings.  

Ad nauseam, not on a high horse.  Was simply stating MY perspective about why SOME people, not all, some people struggle with weight issues.  You have an opinion and does others and myself but I am the one on a high horse.  Interesting.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madscientist73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

I'm so sick of the modern feminist movement trying to glorify fat women. No, big women, you aren't curvy; you're obese. No, you shouldn't be proud of your fat body. Yes, it is your fault. Yes, you can and should do something about it.

The "Fat Tolerance" movement in general is making me sick. Just another symptom of the cancer that is Political Correctness.

HELLO?????  This is why I posted what I said.  It's called a response.  I didn't just start talking about people with legitimate medical issues that contributes to their weight issues out of thin air:  "No, you shouldn't be proud of your fat body. Yes, it is your fault. Yes, you can and should do something about it".  
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:03am
a. But an active participant in weight-lifting/bodybuilding lifestyle, who does a lot of research into nutrition and diet, standing firmly by the "styles" of Intermittent Fasting and IIFYM.

b1. Yeah, because I'm bulking currently. When you discover a way to gain muscle without adding a bit of fat, let me know.

b2. Nope.

c. No, because that is the worst career. You're a slave to the whims and wants of your client, and rarely can tell them they're f**king idiots and they should shut the f**k up, squat, deadlift, Row, and bench, and stop being stupid pussies. Personal trainers - outside of those who train those with disabilities - are among the worst people in the fitness community, because they want to ensure you continue needing them, even though it's utterly unnecessary with a good exercise programme and common sense.

d. How is this relevant? How does my personal life have anything to do with solid sensible advice?

Sorry, but judging by how upset and defensive you are, you're coming across as the person who has a Thyroid problem and whines and cries about how hard it makes her life while shovelling down a gallon of ice cream. I respected you during my first few posts, but right now I have more respect for the stretchmark on my armpit.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:06am
Ok damnit. I'm up for that 2 Girls 1 Cup video now. Anyone got some popcorn?
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madscientist73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

a. But an active participant in weight-lifting/bodybuilding lifestyle, who does a lot of research into nutrition and diet, standing firmly by the "styles" of Intermittent Fasting and IIFYM.

b1. Yeah, because I'm bulking currently. When you discover a way to gain muscle without adding a bit of fat, let me know.

What the heck are you even talking about?  Are you on meth?  

b2. Nope.

c. No, because that is the worst career. You're a slave to the whims and wants of your client, and rarely can tell them they're f**king idiots and they should shut the f**k up, squat, deadlift, Row, and bench, and stop being stupid pussies. Personal trainers - outside of those who train those with disabilities - are among the worst people in the fitness community, because they want to ensure you continue needing them, even though it's utterly unnecessary with a good exercise programme and common sense.

You sound you hate people in general.  All people.  "Clients are f**king idiots"??? Really. Dude, you are the person that would go into a Lifetime Fitness and go bizerko on everyone. Something tells me in addition to hating personal trainers, fat people and P90x, you also hate every ethnic group other than your own.  Add kittens, rainbows and puppies to that group.

d. How is this relevant? How does my personal life have anything to do with solid sensible advice?

Anyone that calls his own mother a porker has ZERO respect in my book.  ZERO.  I don't care if she giggles and dances around like the pig in Charlotte's Web.  You are a douche bag.  An angry douche bag at that.

Sorry, but judging by how upset and defensive you are, you're coming across as the person who has a Thyroid problem and whines and cries about how hard it makes her life while shovelling down a gallon of ice cream. I respected you during my first few posts, but right now I have more respect for the stretchmark on my armpit.

Wait, now I'm shoveling down a gallon of ice cream?  According to you, eating steamed vegetables, lean fish and avoiding gluten is doing all the wrong things because my doctor and nutritionist clearly don't know what the heck their talking about.  Now I'm shoveling gallons of ice cream?  Which flavor am I eating since you seem to know everything.  Also, am I shoveling this ice cream while I'm walking 10 miles a week, running a 9.12 min/mile, lifting weights, swimming, cycling or doing P90x (your favorite workout regimen)?  

P.S. Still waiting on that financial, legal and accounting advice.  How's the stock market going to do tomorrow?  Who's going to win the NBA playoffs?  Tell me oh wise one that hates everyone.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:47am
a-b1: Cute, someone proves they have knowledge, so you accuse them of being a druggie. Mind you, I did accidentally inhale some creatine dust while blending it...

When I say I'm on a bulk, I mean I'm eating at a surplus to gain muscle.

b2-c: Of course not, I would kindly advice anyone who asks my opinion to adopt a programme such as Starting Strength, while following the eating styles I mentioned, eating 500 calories less than maintenance if they want to lose weight, 500 surplus to gain mass.

However, when someone viciously does everything but call me a braindead retard for offering valid, backed-up advice FOR FREE, Yes, I will do everything in my power to make them realise they have an unbalanced ratio of sh*t-to-grey matter dwelling inside their thick skull.

d: Never exactly said they were all wrong, but using them as prime examples of "eating healthy" makes you and any who help you come across as extremely ignorant. I asked a valid question in my first post.

WHY eat lean fish? Exactly what is there about nutritional fat - which is needed for hormone production and balance, something a hypothyroid person is direly in need of - that requires you to avoid it, especially fish fat which has many micro-nutrients in it that aid hypothyroidism and humans in general.

Why avoid gluten when you do not have Celiacs? Do you have some other medical issue you haven't brought up that affects digestion? Why should you avoid gluten? What long-term medical benefits are you reaping from this?

How do you lose weight? Eat less than you consume (Calories), with balanced macros to maintain muscle and hormones (Protein and fat).

This is true REGARDLESS of thyroid problems (Just means you require less intake), diabetes (A LEGITIMATE medical reason to favour certain types of carbs over others), or other medical problems that affect diegestion or metabolism, This rule is constant. There is no "special diet" that will help you, there are no magical food groups that will significantly make you lose fat, and there is no magical "Tummy clock" that allows you to lose weight or gain it depending on what time of the day you eat something.

Eat less than you burn and you WILL LOSE WEIGHT. Eat more and you WILL GAIN WEIGHT.

Let's see you ignore all the facts I've presented and just accuse me of being an antisocial asocial druggie :D it's funny when stupid people try to fight back.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:51am
Well, that's one commercial and dating site that will never appeal to me.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madscientist73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

a-b1: Cute, someone proves they have knowledge, so you accuse them of being a druggie. Mind you, I did accidentally inhale some creatine dust while blending it...

When I say I'm on a bulk, I mean I'm eating at a surplus to gain muscle.

b2-c: Of course not, I would kindly advice anyone who asks my opinion to adopt a programme such as Starting Strength, while following the eating styles I mentioned, eating 500 calories less than maintenance if they want to lose weight, 500 surplus to gain mass.

However, when someone viciously does everything but call me a braindead retard for offering valid, backed-up advice FOR FREE, Yes, I will do everything in my power to make them realise they have an unbalanced ratio of sh*t-to-grey matter dwelling inside their thick skull.

d: Never exactly said they were all wrong, but using them as prime examples of "eating healthy" makes you and any who help you come across as extremely ignorant. I asked a valid question in my first post.

WHY eat lean fish? Exactly what is there about nutritional fat - which is needed for hormone production and balance, something a hypothyroid person is direly in need of - that requires you to avoid it, especially fish fat which has many micro-nutrients in it that aid hypothyroidism and humans in general.

Why avoid gluten when you do not have Celiacs? Do you have some other medical issue you haven't brought up that affects digestion? Why should you avoid gluten? What long-term medical benefits are you reaping from this?

How do you lose weight? Eat less than you consume (Calories), with balanced macros to maintain muscle and hormones (Protein and fat).

This is true REGARDLESS of thyroid problems (Just means you require less intake), diabetes (A LEGITIMATE medical reason to favour certain types of carbs over others), or other medical problems that affect diegestion or metabolism, This rule is constant. There is no "special diet" that will help you, there are no magical food groups that will significantly make you lose fat, and there is no magical "Tummy clock" that allows you to lose weight or gain it depending on what time of the day you eat something.

Eat less than you burn and you WILL LOSE WEIGHT. Eat more and you WILL GAIN WEIGHT.

Let's see you ignore all the facts I've presented and just accuse me of being an antisocial asocial druggie :D it's funny when stupid people try to fight back.

Right now, taking the advice of the professionals, not a know-it-all bully that reads "Men's Fitness".  I don't know if you're a druggie or not.  Don't care. I know you clearly hate everyone, calling people pussies, idiots, morons, porkers, etc.  I don't have to disclose my medical history to you.  I don't have to explain to you why I'm eating lean fish.  Again, until you are a physician, licensed dietician or nutritionist, your opinion has no weight with me.  

As far as your bulking up or whatever it is you're doing at the gym (besides calling people pussies between reps), good for you!  Good luck!  This isn't a Pain and Gain forum.  I'm not in a weight lifting contest with you.  Get off the 'roids and the meth.  Oh, and thanks for the "FREE ADVICE". I was expecting a bill in the mail but I appreciate you giving us all your pearls of wisdom pro bono oh wise one.

There's an old saying that says "Never argue with a fool because people won't know from a distance who is who."  With that, I'm out.  You and your cronies can spar with someone else.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 1:07am
See, maybe I wouldn't call people like you in the gym pussies, if you didn't call people like my "roided up druggies".

So do you believe that every single bodybuilder, weightlifter, fitness model, and person with a good body is a licenced physician, nutritionalist, etc? Or that every single one takes 24 hour advice from one? Fun fact, all but a few reach their goals BY THEMSELVES. On top of that, I know at least three people, two women, one guy, with hypothyroidism who - via their experiences and major success - have proven, and will stand by the facts I've mentioned.

Again, I dare you, give me one shred of evidence that anything I've said is false. Show me that I'm just some idiot spouting nonsense. Just for giggles :D

Let me guess, you're one of those women who refuses to lift any weight over 20 lbs. if anything at all because, "I don't want to get bulky".

Look, if you're going to call someone out and say they're a stupid sh*t who has no right to say anything simply because their years of research, experience and success mean nothing without a licence or degree, then I and others will expect you to back up your criticism.

P.S. Men's fitness is full of sh*t. Hell, most magazines are.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 2:48pm
When it comes down to it Madscientist:

You're taking this personally when it was never meant to be personal. We didn't track you down and say MAD SCIENTIST IS A HEFFER. You're coming here to defend fat people buy saying we shouldn't make fun of them. Save yourself the energy because it's never going to happen. It's a societal problem. If you've truly been lurking this forum then you know that we rarely keep on topic. I can almost guarantee we've made fun of just about every type of person portrayed in ads.

We all have our own life struggles. I've had to deal with ignorant religious rants and completely misinformed idiots. Never once did I descend upon a random religious website and begin to slam them for their broad opinions, only when someone said something directly related to ME did I respond. Why bother? It's like being a piece of meat thrown to the lions, you're just never going to win.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Ok damnit. I'm up for that 2 Girls 1 Cup video now. Anyone got some popcorn?

Sorry I don't.  How about some chocolate ice cream though?
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 8:10pm
I've got the new Ben and Jerry's 2 girls 1 cup inspired ice cream.

Chocolate ice cream with a fudge swirl, sweet corn and crisp brown rice bits. and sphincter-shaped fudge forms with cherry juice filling.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 8:36pm

Here's the translation for the Church of Fudge video, if anyone's interested:

Nun:    Your flesh Your flesh must be cleaned
Priest: Oh my god nun Nun what are you doing
Nun:    We're going to beat the evil together
Priest: Together
Nun:    All the evil will spill out of you
Priest: With gods help
Nun:    With gods help Yes
Priest: Yes with gods help
Nun:    (inaudible)
Priest: Take distance nun
Nun:    Let it out So it's right brother let it out
Priest: (in Latin) In urine and sh*t we're born and in urine and s*it we will be reborn
Nun:    I rescued you from the evil of this world I took in myself

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 8:54pm
^^DeadLOL
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 9:16pm
I gave it a couple of days and came back to this post hoping that madscientist had gone on a rant.... and I'm not disappointed. I can't even respond to all of your shenanigans because I just don't have the care or energy. But like Heza said, you're in the wrong place to be starting a crusade. No one was mean to you intentionally. You came on here looking for trouble and to start a fight. Want to know a secret?? NO ONE here is going to apologize....nor should they. You're just beating your head against a wall. Have fun!
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 9:56pm
I agree Krissybean, Madscientist73 is beyond all hope.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 1:20am
This thread has restored my faith in the population of Commercials I Hate.

Madscientist represents the archetypal "under-educated, over-emotional, oversensitive middle-aged housewife who gets her knowledge from chain e-mails and jumps on every fad diet that Dr. Oz the Quack discusses on his show, and gets her feelings hurt too easily when you try to bring an ounce of reality into her little protective bubble of politically-correct ignorance".

I swear - 9 of every 10 uneducated morons I've met who are on a trendy gluten-free diet despite not having Celiac Disease are middle-aged housewives who watch daytime talk shows. And it's not just dietary topics that set these biddies off. I was on a Bull Mastiff group on Facebook. An archetypal (and fat) middle-aged housewife tried to diagnose a mass on someone's dog (even though she isn't a veterinarian). I called her out on it, saying nothing more than "She doesn't know what she's talking about. Don't listen to her advice; seek a veterinarian", and she went on a multi-comment rant with accusations of cyberbullying and chauvinism.

Come on, women. I thought the feminist movement was supposed to help you escape the "mindless, subservient bimbo housewife" meme. Not that the aforementioned movement has done anything useful in the last half-century, but that's another thread altogether.

You guys are awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic