Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lipton Ice Tea (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipton Ice Tea (Video)
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 8:09pm

Only 16 seconds long, but I still want to stab my eardrums when I hear it.
Sponsored Links

ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 9:46pm
So lipton will make me trip my balls off?
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 1:17pm
Ughhhhh this ad. This ad! It's so freaking awful. I don't even know what's going on. Is this music? Ethnic chanting? You can't even tell what these people are singing or in what language. It's like sandpaper on my ear drums. And can Lipton stop acting like they're selling tea? The last bottle of that Lipton citrus green tea stuff I drank said the first ingredient was HFCS. The actual tea was about 5-7 ingredients down on the list. That's f**king gross.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
ChickenWings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChickenWings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:01am
It's pretty terrible but there's nothing "ethnic" about the chanting. It's clearly in english and after looking up the band that wrote the song (yes, I know. It's an actual f**king song) I'm not sure you can find too many other bands whiter than these folks. 
North Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:07am
Why? Just why?
Nobody seriously says to themselves "I want some ice tea and I definitely should get Lipton because of this commercial even thought its unrealistic and overall boring." Ermm Come on people, these commercials don't want us to buy your tea! It makes us want to drink a glass of water.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:09am
CryThat commercial makes me cry because I hate it so much and am not allowed to legally smacky anyone around, out of frustration and disgust.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 1:28am
Originally posted by ChickenWings ChickenWings wrote:

It's pretty terrible but there's nothing "ethnic" about the chanting. It's clearly in english and after looking up the band that wrote the song (yes, I know. It's an actual f**king song) I'm not sure you can find too many other bands whiter than these folks. 

Sounds like that "world beat" crap.  Some white people love that sh*t.  Usually, they're whiter than white.  Often, though, they'll throw in a black musician or two for credibility.

Here they are.  Look at 'em!  Whatta buncha Pomplamooses.  I'm disgusted.

Is that one guy actually flashing a gang sign??!  Shocked  Yeah, right.  Where's the pic of him flashing all his cash and holding a gun sideways?  LOL

Oh, and they're called "The Givers".  Christ Almighty.  The Givers.  I guess Up With People was already taken.  I actually wanna gag.

TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:45pm
Ugh, the song in this commercial makes my ears bleed, and after being force-fed the commercial at least a hundred times, I still have no freaking idea what they're saying - probably because it hurts my brain so much that my mind just blocks the words.
Cat Box View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 6:04am
Has anyone deciphered the gibberish lyrics of this song? I have a need to understand things I despise.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Cat Box Cat Box wrote:

Has anyone deciphered the gibberish lyrics of this song? I have a need to understand things I despise.

Here's the part in the commercial.

Oh, we up up up for the good show
Yeah we down down here on the ground
Yeah we up up up up above love
Yeah we up up up through the clouds
Yeah we up, yeah we up
Yeah we up, yeah we up

I just wish they'd shut up up up.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 3:43pm
OMG these people are downright annoying.

I swear if these people disappeared from the the Earth tommrow, the only people who would miss them more, besides their families, are hipster douchebags.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:59pm
The vid's been taken down so I can't see it nor have I seen it that I know of, but somehow I get the feeling my ears have been spared.
AquaReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquaReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 7:16pm
The commercial just started running again after a brief hiatus and I do my best every time to mentally block it out... It is infectious, but not like good infectious, like aural herpes infectious.

Thor sums up my feelings pretty nicely:

Quote Sounds like that "world beat" crap.  Some white people love that sh*t.  Usually, they're whiter than white.  Often, though, they'll throw in a black musician or two for credibility.

YASSSSSSSSS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic